Bosses still kind of easy, don't you think?

By the time they come, you're actually pretty much prepared for them! You built a base, got all weapons ready, get out of your base and waiting for a giant to come and you killing it. With Wigfrid, fighting those bosses is like a Walk in the park, to be honest (I've seen a video where someone using Wigfrid to Fight bearger, and I saw all the health that the character was (not) losing.

I dunno how the Giants would work if you set them to more. If you set them to lots they're going to come out when you don't expect at all, but what about more? Are there gonna be two giants that are just going to kill each other for you or something?

Anyway, I wanna know how powerful YOU think the giants are: if they are powerful enough or not enough, cuz I think they kind of are still quite easy.

If you use blowdarts, they're easy. All the giants (except the Moose) can be taken out easily with 20-30 blowdarts.

Giants:

Deerclops: 20 blowdarts

Goose: 30 blowdarts

Dragonfly: 28 blowdarts (if it has in between health, round up to the next possible number)

Bearger: 30 blowdarts

Bosses:

Treeguard: 14-25 blowdarts

Spiderqueen: 13 blowdarts (once again, round up to the next possible number)

Ancient Guardian: 25 blowdarts (only hard boss

The only thing that makes most of the fights easier is that the bosses have too much stun time so they gain little ground.

I also did the non-giant bosses because you did put bosses in the title so, I just felt like listing the bosses along with it.

As for Giants killing one-another: it seems more unlikely since they'd probably kill some Treeguards or other mobs more than killing another one of themselves.

Blow darts have many flaws with their design. They aren't fun to get, they take way to long to get one, you have to farm birds, and then they make hard fights easy. Which then people say giants are too weak. Exact same thing goes for gunpowder.

If you use blowdarts, they're easy. All the giants (except the Moose) can be taken out easily with 20-30 blowdarts.

Giants:

Deerclops: 20 blowdarts

Goose: 30 blowdarts

Dragonfly: 28 blowdarts (if it has in between health, round up to the next possible number)

Bearger: 30 blowdarts

Bosses:

Treeguard: 14-25 blowdarts

Spiderqueen: 13 blowdarts (once again, round up to the next possible number)

Ancient Guardian: 25 blowdarts (only hard boss

The only thing that makes most of the fights easier is that the bosses have too much stun time so they gain little ground.

I also did the non-giant bosses because you did put bosses in the title so, I just felt like listing the bosses along with it.

As for Giants killing one-another: it seems more unlikely since they'd probably kill some Treeguards or other mobs more than killing another one of themselves.

Try spawning two deerclopses next to each other; they're killing their own kind.

I am the kind of guy, that doesn't really try to exploit stuff. But when I see something I can use, I use it.

Sure I can take my Dark Sword and slash away at any given giant, but the outcome will be the same, only this time I wasted more valuable resources than necessary. I do like my resources...

Clubbing on a dragonfly, or panfluting it. The problem is with its attack pattern and variety, so it is with all giants. Currently those who are new get stomped by them and those who are experts just see it as a 30 second battles.

That's how it goes with all battles in every game, repeat it long enough and you will beat it easily.

EDIT:

So I just went to a test save and spawned 1 bearger

I used 1 tentacle spike, no armor no nothing.

I killed him without even losing any of my hp, it took my about 2 minutes.

Bearger strikes three times, the fourth one is the AoE, if you come close he will rinse and repeat this pattern.

Between his strikes you can hit him twice, run and come back to repeat this process, on the fourth strike you run more and run to him and run back because he will repeat his attack cycle.

This is the problem, they need different patterns, random ones, ones that you cannot predict. 

I like to compromise and instead of wasting a hard-won durability weapon on a boss or taking the easy way out and using gunpowder and the old bell, I use the ham bat.  It has more damage then the tentacle spike, is more easily acquired then most other weapons besides the spear, and has unlimited uses as long as it doesn't spoil, making it an all-around great weapon. Logsuits are very easy to make, especially compared to their usefulness, so if you are worried then you can make up to three in preparation for a boss fight. The boomerang is also a handy tool to pull aggro and get some ranged damage off, if you are good at catching it. 

Ultimately it is the player's choice if they want an easy boring kill or a hard-won victory using the traditional fighting methods. You get the same loot, the only difference is the satisfaction you get out of it. Just because there are easy ways to kill the bosses doesn't mean you have to use them.

I like to compromise and instead of wasting a hard-won durability weapon on a boss or taking the easy way out and using gunpowder and the old bell, I use the ham bat.  It has more damage then the tentacle spike, is more easily acquired then most other weapons besides the spear, and has unlimited uses as long as it doesn't spoil, making it an all-around great weapon. Logsuits are very easy to make, especially compared to their usefulness, so if you are worried then you can make up to three in preparation for a boss fight. The boomerang is also a handy tool to pull aggro and get some ranged damage off, if you are good at catching it. 

Ultimately it is the player's choice if they want an easy boring kill or a hard-won victory using the traditional fighting methods. You get the same loot, the only difference is the satisfaction you get out of it. Just because there are easy ways to kill the bosses doesn't mean you have to use them.

But what is hard won? only the Dragonfly is a bit of a buzz, the rest is a joke.

Goose/Moose, kite

Bearger, kite

Deerclops, kite

Dragonfly, semi kite (only the AoE)

In the end its all about kite, I can also equip my thelucite equipment, stand still and rock away with my Ham Bat or Thelucite Club / Dark Sword and be like meh. done.

But what is hard won? only the Dragonfly is a bit of a buzz, the rest is a joke.

Goose/Moose, kite

Bearger, kite

Deerclops, kite

In the end its all about kite, I can also equip my thelucite equipment, stand still and rock away with my Ham Bat or Thelucite Club / Dark Sword and be like meh. done.

I don't kite them when i fight them. (Well, sort of. I only kite the Bearger)

Does that give me bonus points?

For those who think it is hard to farm bird feathers, get a screen full of bird trap OR get a houndius shootius. I think the devs should put two giants at once when a character reached a certain day(e.g. at 100 days spawn 2 geese). One barely puts out a fight. 

For those who think it is hard to farm bird feathers, get a screen full of bird trap OR get a houndius shootius. I think the devs should put two giants at once when a character reached a certain day(e.g. at 100 days spawn 2 geese). One barely puts out a fight. 

I'd use a houndius shooties if going to the ruins did not wreck your entire world and constantly require a mod or console command to fix it.

Either way, blowdarts will always be an unreliable method as long as it's required to be Winter to gather the materials, or rely on inconsistent drop rats (Tumbleweeds, Catcoons).

Goose/Moose, kite

Bearger, kite

Deerclops, kite

Sad but true. Kiting makes fighting them extremly easy. Maybe they should get more range?

Archived