Each giants needs it's own new, approach warning rather than the same old growling noise for all of them!

To clarify, I am referring to the warning system you hear just before a giant is to arrive. Currently all the giant's approach is signaled by the same deep moaning kind of growling sound...which is effective at first, but am I supposed to believe a giant firefly or Goose/Moose thing was the cause of it? 

I think adding unique warning noises for each giant would help create more atmosphere, there's nothing more creepy than hearing a loud and menacing noise in the middle of the night which you've never experienced before. The current warning system loses it effect as you hear it every time a giant appears. 

Hound attacks have their own warning noise, krampus has his own warning noise, big foot even has his own warning noise, so why not giants? 

Also saying that it ruins the surprise of what giant is actually coming is silly because you know what giant is coming by what season it is anyways. 

So for those who agree with me what do you think would be some good warning noises for each of the giants? Perhaps in this layout:

Bearger:

Firefly:

Goose/Moose:

Deerclops: 

I can only speak for the firefly, since he's the only one I've encountered (over 10 winters in vanilla and never seen the deerclops, can you believe it?) I know that I was thrown off by hearing the moaning growl and then a giant winged bug showed up as the source. I'd suggest either a flapping of wings or a sizzling, perhaps a combination of the two if possible

I can only speak for the firefly, since he's the only one I've encountered (over 10 winters in vanilla and never seen the deerclops, can you believe it?) I know that I was thrown off by hearing the moaning growl and then a giant winged bug showed up as the source. I'd suggest either a flapping of wings or a sizzling, perhaps a combination of the two if possible

I've FINALLY begun seeing them. Like, it's only taken 300+ hours but I've started getting Giants every season. Makes me so happy. :3

But yeah, Giants probs do need their own Warning--however, I'm cool with them not, too. 

The dragonfly needs a screeching noise, perhaps with some crackling of fire and fluttering of wings to accompany it.

The Goose/Moose needs a brass-instrument-like warning call, preferably a very low tone.

The bearger would be okay with a growl.

The deerclops... Not sure...

The dragonfly needs a screeching noise, perhaps with some crackling of fire and fluttering of wings to accompany it.

The Goose/Moose needs a brass-instrument-like warning call, preferably a very low tone.

The bearger would be okay with a growl.

The deerclops... Not sure...

I like these, although I'd say the deerclops should keep the current sound rather than the bearger as I feel it suits him better and hes also had it from the start anyways.

Technically the bearger is a bear-badger and badgers don't really make any sound so god knows what will work for the bearger while still being unique. 

I am guessing that they were just using the deerclops sound as a place holder while they were making the other sounds.

The dragonfly warning is a sound many will learn to dread, I just hope its sound scares people who are not expecting the dragonfly.

I'm betting that's going to come in the next update.

I sure hope so... Seems like the kind of thing that typically gets left alone until things are being wrapped up, but it's such a small thing to fix and such a big atmospheric shift. I would be extremely surprised if they didn't already intend to change them.

Archived