About Webber

I think webber is wilson's adopted son. reasons:

Webber talks about his mom, his mom could have died, he want to an orphanage, adopted by wilson.

Where is the only place a spider would eat a kid and have them both alive? The don't starve world. And where is the only portal? WILSON'S HOUSE! How would Webber be in wilson's house? He is an adopted son.

BAM :wilson_cool:

What role did Maxwell play in all of this?

He tricked Wilson into making the portal. Maybe he didn't want a spider-demon child running around, so he offered to "help". That fits, since when you examine a Maxwell statue he says "That's the guy who said he could help us!". Instead of helping he trapped them in the don't starve universe.

Where is the only place a spider would eat a kid and have them both alive? The don't starve world. And where is the only portal? WILSON'S HOUSE! How would Webber be in wilson's house? He is an adopted son.

By the same logic Wendy would be Wilson's adopted daughter. It MAY be the only portal, but that doesn't mean he lived with Wilson, he could've been walking alone and found the portal, maybe influenced by Maxwell.

tumblr_inline_n3iqajwALL1r27943.png

Doubt it

WX even says "WHO IS THAT". They should be basing the effigy off of themselves, not someone else. That might, emphasis on might, mean that they have all seen Wilson somehow, but can't remember who he is. Possibly they saw him while being teleported to the don't starve universe? Like while they were being telepoted, not before/after, during,

By the same logic Wendy would be Wilson's adopted daughter. It MAY be the only portal, but that doesn't mean he lived with Wilson, he could've been walking alone and found the portal, maybe influenced by Maxwell.

Well I asked for it, and I can't really argue my own logic. But, while highly unlikely, it isn't impossible that he adopted Wendy. Wendy and Webber were brother and sister. Whatever killed Abigail could have killed their parents too, so wilson adopted both of them.

WX even says "WHO IS THAT". They should be basing the effigy off of themselves, not someone else. That might, emphasis on might, mean that they have all seen Wilson somehow, but can't remember who he is. Possibly they saw him while being teleported to the don't starve universe? Like while they were being telepoted, not before/after, during,

Well then by that logic they should be saying things a long the lines of "He looks familiar" or "I recognize that face"

The only person that's confirmed to have seen Wilson is Maxwell, who (might? Im not quite sure) of given him the knowlage to build a meat effigy. One of the key ingredients to make it is beard hair, so maybe that's why each one regardless of the character who built it looks like Wilson- because Maxwell thinks it's funny/ironic

Why in the christ do you people think Webber is Wilson's son?

Speculation is fun.

I personally like to believe that Webber, when he was a regular child, was abandoned by his parents in the mountains at a young-ish age (imagining around 3-6), where he either got found by Wilson who adopted him but then one day vanished (I think it's obvious what happened to Wilson) and then Webber continued to survive for a few months, living of off spiders as his main diet, then one of the spiders ate him, where then Maxwell offered him help, to live and Find Wilson.

And then Webber got trapped in the Don't Starve universe, alive (as a spider human hybrid thing) and Wilson dead/ stuck in the throne or something like that.

Probably sounds like a bad fan fic, but i like to imagine that's the story of Webber

Well I asked for it, and I can't really argue my own logic. But, while highly unlikely, it isn't impossible that he adopted Wendy. Wendy and Webber were brother and sister. Whatever killed Abigail could have killed their parents too, so wilson adopted both of them.

Plot twist, Wilson wasn't a lonely scientist, he was a babysitter.

You REALLY don't know DS's lore do you?

Here is how I know it:

Maxwell used to be a stage magician, but one day there was a "Malfunction" and He and Charlie got dragged into the Don't Starve universe, where he was imprisoned on the throne. The only way to get off was for someone else to take his place, so he tricked Wilson into building a machine that would transport him.

Then Don't Starve happens.

Here is how I know it:

Maxwell used to be a stage magician, but one day there was a "Malfunction" and He and Charlie got dragged into the Don't Starve universe, where he was imprisoned on the throne. The only way to get off was for someone else to take his place, so he tricked Wilson into building a machine that would transport him.

Then Don't Starve happens.

We're not 100% what happens when they get dragged into the book, as that's where the intermission starts.

There is also William, who seems to be Maxwell when he was younger, he found a strange book and things started happening.

There is a train crash and William is presumed missing.

He decided to use the strange magic the book provided him as a stage act, he took on new name because the book's magic aged him (again that's a bit of speculation too, but I seriously doubt someone who looks like william can age that much in 7~ years, especially to Maxwell's implied age of 60) And probably for some personal reasons too, since "William Carter" is a name tied closely to failure to him. At least that's the way my partner takes it, they RPed Maxwell for a year or so.

I guess you could take the small details and interpret them another way (like "the twins" Jack speaks about being Wendy and Abigale being his daughters, Maxwell being the cause of the San Fransisco in 1906, things like that)

Theres a lot going on

We're not 100% what happens when they get dragged into the book, as that's where the intermission starts.

There is also William, who seems to be Maxwell when he was younger, he found a strange book and things started happening.

There is a train crash and William is presumed missing.

He decided to use the strange magic the book provided him as a stage act, he took on new name because the book's magic aged him (again that's a bit of speculation too, but I seriously doubt someone who looks like william can age that much in 7~ years, especially to Maxwell's implied age of 60) And probably for some personal reasons too, since "William Carter" is a name tied closely to failure to him. At least that's the way my partner takes it, they RPed Maxwell for a year or so.

I guess you could take the small details and interpret them another way (like "the twins" Jack speaks about being Wendy and Abigale being his daughters, Maxwell being the cause of the San Fransisco in 1906, things like that)

Theres a lot going on

The only problem is we don't know WHY they get dragged in. It wasn't me! I promise!

Well then by that logic they should be saying things a long the lines of "He looks familiar" or "I recognize that face"

The only person that's confirmed to have seen Wilson is Maxwell, who (might? Im not quite sure) of given him the knowlage to build a meat effigy. One of the key ingredients to make it is beard hair, so maybe that's why each one regardless of the character who built it looks like Wilson- because Maxwell thinks it's funny/ironic

This place does strange things to people, they may have forgotten, but in their subconcious remembers. Sorta like how everyone you see in a dream you have seen irl, then forgotten but you remember subcoinciously.

Exactly! That's why everyone's so gung-ho to see a new puzzle from Klei, because it might explain questions like that.

Yup. Okay then, maybe I had a LITTLE part in it. I made this post just to say that.

I thought it was possible that Wilson was his father because of the razor/alchemy engine quotes, but judging by the meat effigy quote, it seems unlikely.

What I think is that some other mad scientist was doing experiments on a child. Whether it was actually his father or simply his creator is unknown. Maxwell offered to help and successfully merged the boy with a Don't Starve spider. Then they both got sucked into the world of Don't Starve. Assuming Webber's father's name didn't start with a 'W', he probably died.

I thought it was possible that Wilson was his father because of the razor/alchemy engine quotes, but judging by the meat effigy quote, it seems unlikely.

What I think is that some other mad scientist was doing experiments on a child. Whether it was actually his father or simply his creator is unknown. Maxwell offered to help and successfully merged the boy with a Don't Starve spider. Then they both got sucked into the world of Don't Starve. Assuming Webber's father's name didn't start with a 'W', he probably died.

The boy got eaten by a spider, not really merged.

The boy got eaten by a spider, not really merged.

Eaten and merged? When you are eaten the atoms within the matter of your body go on to become apart of the being that consumed you--it's basically merging in the thinnest of sense.

Webber is basically a Frankenstein monster--both creatures died--the spider from the fact it's stomach probably exploded and the kid from bites and whatnot.

And I'm not sure if it was stated before but, having Wilson be Webber's father seems to be making connections between the characters just for the sake of connections. Maybe Webber had parents who specilized in moonshining and lived up in the mountains in order to avoid detection from authorities.

Webber just happened to wander into Wilson's abandoned house, pulled the lever, got into the DS world, and got eaten by a spider--Maxwell, being the nice guy he is, decided to give the kid another shot at life by resurrecting him.

Archived