Birch tree-guard too op

Many of you who got the new patch will find the spawn rate of birch tree guard to be too high. It will spawn every time I log on a birch tree, and there will be at least two of them at the same time. Although it is pretty sweet to get nuts from the little guys, I find it too overwhelming to battle more than 4 of them at the same time. Here is the story:

I was logging on a birch tree as Maxwell during night.Suddenly, three birch-clops came out of nowhere and beat the **** out of me. I couldn't run outside my campfire and the roots stun-locked me every time I tried to fight back. They did a great job of giving me 30 birch nuts but I died nonetheless.

TL;DR: set birch-clops to less if you don't want to get butt-hurt

Then you run.

Yeah run and search other birchnut trees to chop. Then came back and plant some. That worked for me. I don't have much trouble with them. And they are not worth fighting because they don't drop something special.

There are not so scary and op as they seem. You just need to be careful in birchnut forests.

...I didn't quiiiite realize that early enough.

So of course I planted them next to base just like I would with normal trees:

post-362811-0-60698900-1396480573_thumb.

Then that happened.

They all changed, at the same time.

TL;DR: set birch-clops to less if you don't want to get butt-hurt

The less option doesn't change anything. They still spawn too much, so if you chop down Birchtrees, you're gonna get butt-stabbed either way :(

...I didn't quiiiite realize that early enough.

So of course I planted them next to base just like I would with normal trees:

Then that happened.

They all changed, at the same time.

That picture is epic.  It looks like a Muppet Show sketch on drugs.

Do the mini-treeguards drop roasted birchnuts? They totally should.

You mean the little birchnutters? I don't know, I just burn the trees and their minions just vanish when the tree dies.

A way to fight them is to avoid them first. Come back after one night and their AI will become passive. Treat them like totally normal tree after and they will drop 3 birch nuts.  

Hopefully they change this in a patch. I think it should work like treeguards currently do, where they seem like a normal tree, until you chop one close to them, then they "wake up".

Not really, it  mostly depends on your strategy and how good you know how they attack, if nothing else go as woodie's werebeaver mode, he can just tank dozens of those at once and kill them with a few hits.

Archived