Glommers sanity aura

Glommer is cool but I think his sanity regen aura is far to strong. Even at night with rain you still don't lose your sanity. The danger of getting insane is now no problem. I'm always at full sanity.

What do you think about Glommer?

Yes, Glommer is op right now. Now there is no need to eat green or blue mushrooms or sleep. Now you just stand beside glommer whole night and you are full sane.

Well I rarely did either of those things before glommer anyway.

I still consider the bedroll/tent a waste of resources,

but I've also not gone in the caves, where I understand sanity is harder to maintain.

Anyway the one time I summoned Glommer, she got between me and some spiders

and I accidentally killed her. (using an X-box controller instead of keyboard and mouse

makes many things better, but it also makes it quite easy to accidentally hit your pets/allies)

So I cant really say how good the benefits are, since she was only around for a few minutes,

I do think glommer goop should be a sanity resoring item (or used to craft one)

I agree. Glommer essentially eliminates the sanity mechanic from the game.

So does the Tam o Shanter. I always kill off glommer anyway. Far to annoying and clearly evil. It drops monster meat, so I'll not let it come up to me all cute then kill me when I'm not expecting it. I don't trust anything that likes the full moon.

So does the Tam o Shanter. I always kill off glommer anyway. Far to annoying and clearly evil. It drops monster meat, so I'll not let it come up to me all cute then kill me when I'm not expecting it. I don't trust anything that likes the full moon.

Tam o Shanter needs to be maintained constantly, and has alternatives for its inventory slot, as well as take some effort to obtain in the first place. Glommer follows you forever and has no maintaining required beyond his health. He doesn't even need to take up an inventory space, just put the flower near a fire pit and quickly regain all your sanity during night.

He is essentially a free ride past sanity if you are able to locate his statue on day 9 and 10. I really don't think we need that happening outside of Maxwell's playstyle.

Until we know the whole story about Glommer, its statue, and the Old Bell, these predictions may be a little premature.

It's a nice buff, but Glommer is very weak. Easy to lose if your base gets assaulted. I also think the flower may be intended to spoil, so we may only get Glommer for a limited duration.

Maybe we'll see some changes in next update, who knows?  

Maybe a special event turn Glommer into the devil who'll kill you with one hit and drain your sanity like crazy? It'd be fun.

But yeah, I agree, too OP now.

Glommer is cool but I think his sanity regen aura is far to strong. Even at night with rain you still don't lose your sanity. The danger of getting insane is now no problem. I'm always at full sanity.

What do you think about Glommer?

build a base next to a flower patch , same  result , 1 flower  fully counters darkness

5 flowers  provide a massive boost to sanity   by simply standing over them.

Sanity is rarely an issue  from just  walking around in the world .. nor should it be .    sanity only ever plays a roll when you deliberately lower it  , usually by fighting monsters continuously.  like a punishment mechanic  to  hurt reckless behavior. 

build a base next to a flower patch , same result , 1 flower fully counters darkness

5 flowers provide a massive boost to sanity by simply standing over them.

Sanity is rarely an issue from just walking around in the world .. nor should it be . sanity only ever plays a roll when you deliberately lower it , usually by fighting monsters continuously. like a punishment mechanic to hurt reckless behavior.

Pretty sure your sanity boosting flowers are caused by a mod, and not part of the default game.

Pretty sure your sanity boosting flowers are caused by a mod, and not part of the default game.

ehh probably ,   i didn't bother to check  , very well strike that out.   I have so many mods installed that a few balance issue do fall through the cracks.

But my underlying point stands ,  if you take even light precautions  (such as wearing a top hat during the day) or  one of many sanity options, sanity wont be much of an issue unless you  go out of your way to   drain it ...  by playing  wolfgang or  by fighting. 

Archived