Glommer

I think that having gloomer and chester at the same time is a bit op. It would be better imo if you could only make one of them follow you around and you would have to park other one somwhere else. Running in chester, gloomer, player trio is op.

Personally I park gloomer near campfire and run around with chester, as gloomer is so fragile.

it makes Chester look like a tank.

Hah! I should remember this topic! Somebody make a picture of Chester in a cartoon tank XD that's what this quote made me think, lol!

My glommer doesn't like me, it ran away and never came back. >=

You should've fed him. Nobody likes a master who doesn't give food ;)

More like an urge to hug it till it explodes.

Why would you do that? Cruelty to Glommers!

My glommer doesn't like me, it ran away and never came back. >=

Hmm, as long as you have the Red Flower Glommer should follow you. What happened exactly when Glommer stopped following you?

Hmm, as long as you have the Red Flower Glommer should follow you. What happened exactly when Glommer stopped following you?

The most common case seems to happen when you log out of the world, and re load it. The flower is still in the inventory, but Glommer flies away. I believe it's caused by the flower being in a backpack when logging out, but some people have said its happened when it's in the main inventory.

Why would you do that? Cruelty to Glommers!

It's happening in various situations.  If you have it in your backpack and save/load, he will go.  One time he left me when I had a red flower and a dead flower in my inventory and I did a LongUpdate.  After that I picked another flower and so I had 2 red flowers and a dead flower in my main inventory.  I didn't do any save/load or any LongUpdate, but as soon as day came he abandoned me.

The most common case seems to happen when you log out of the world, and re load it. The flower is still in the inventory, but Glommer flies away. I believe it's caused by the flower being in a backpack when logging out, but some people have said its happened when it's in the main inventory.

It's happening in various situations.  If you have it in your backpack and save/load, he will go.  One time he left me when I had a red flower and a dead flower in my inventory and I did a LongUpdate.  After that I picked another flower and so I had 2 red flowers and a dead flower in my main inventory.  I didn't do any save/load or any LongUpdate, but as soon as day came he abandoned me.

Thanks for that guys; I'll mention this to Seth and Bryce when they return from GDC.

Just hazarding an extremely far-fetched guess here, but does anyone think the Glommer could be related to attracting the seasonal giants? I mean, you find a random Glommer statue where a real Glommer comes on full-moon nights to a rafflesia-like flower...

I have no idea, but I don't think it's just supposed to be a cute, sanity-regen fly for no reason.

Just hazarding an extremely far-fetched guess here, but does anyone think the Glommer could be related to attracting the seasonal giants? I mean, you find a random Glommer statue where a real Glommer comes on full-moon nights to a rafflesia-like flower...

I have no idea, but I don't think it's just supposed to be a cute, sanity-regen fly for no reason.

You are telling me its a wolf in sheep's clothing?

*Looks at Glommer vomiting on the ground*

This wolf picked the ugliest sheep to model.

I'm growing suspicious of Glommer. Since when does DS have a completely benevolent being that doesn't turn on you at some point?

I have noticed it does get lost sometimes when I run around the map but it usually catches up. I honestly haven't seen my glommer for days. I always keep the flower and eyebone in my backpack.

If this

That seems to only happen when the Flower is in a backpack and you quit. I have not had it happen to me yet by leaving with it in my main inventory. Although I did lose him after having the game crash.

is a legit bug then it was most likely that.

Let me just remind you that Glommer seems to be the model for the shadow crawlers, and seems to buzz in a strange elder code. I've been suspicious of him since the start.

His buzzing is actually subconsciously working it's way into your subconscious, taking over your consciousness making you want to subconsciously kill your chester and consciously make you love Maxwell and Charlie as your lord and saviours!

IT'S A GOVERNMENT CONSPIRACY MAN!

His buzzing is actually subconsciously working it's way into your subconscious, taking over your consciousness making you want to subconsciously kill your chester and consciously make you love Maxwell and Charlie as your lord and saviours!

IT'S A GOVERNMENT CONSPIRACY MAN!

But I already loved Maxwell and Charlie long before this DLC...

But.... murdering Chester?! NO!!! Nothing could subconsciously make me ever want to do that!!! Unless it's to cover my escape.

Archived