Crashing comets

Tally ho, brethren, fancy a game of quodpot?

Sorry, my dear chum, but sadly our local playing field was impacted by a meteorite.

Fine, fine, but what about the buffalo field, then?

No, sorry, a meteorite struck there too. Quite saddening, if I say so myself.

Well, then, what about the gardens? Last time I've checked, they were in a fine state.

Nope. Pretty much everywhere has been struck by a meteorite. Even David's newfangled automotive couldn't escape it.

That's nice to hear. I didn't really care for David, always so self-righteous, just because he could afford more. He once sent me thirty separate telegrams just for one letter. Shame about the meteorites, though.

Yes, yes. Though I suppose here would be a nice place. No meteorites around us for metres.

Say, isn't that another one over there, in the sky?

Yes, it is. And I reckon It's coming right for us.

These darned meteorites. Always ruining a good game of quodpot. Why can't they land somewhere else?

Howard, we should get out of here.

I mean, they could land anywhere else, though for some reason, they only land here.

We need to leave. Now.

Heck, they could land anywhere else in the universe.

Howard. Please. We need to leave.

You know what, I bet it's because of that gigantic magnet-stone they installed in the city library.

Five stories high, the thing is.

The meteor is right above us. We need to go. Now.

It's probably a conspirac-

And then they died.

Tally ho, brethren, fancy a game of quodpot?

Sorry, my dear chum, but sadly our local playing field was impacted by a meteorite.

Fine, fine, but what about the buffalo field, then?

No, sorry, a meteorite struck there too. Quite saddening, if I say so myself.

Well, then, what about the gardens? Last time I've checked, they were in a fine state.

Nope. Pretty much everywhere has been struck by a meteorite. Even David's newfangled automotive couldn't escape it.

That's nice to hear. I didn't really care for David, always so self-righteous, just because he could afford more. He once sent me thirty separate telegrams just for one letter. Shame about the meteorites, though.

Yes, yes. Though I suppose here would be a nice place. No meteorites around us for metres.

Say, isn't that another one over there, in the sky?

Yes, it is. And I reckon It's coming right for us.

These darned meteorites. Always ruining a good game of quodpot. Why can't they land somewhere else?

Howard, we should get out of here.

I mean, they could land anywhere else, though for some reason, they only land here.

We need to leave. Now.

Heck, they could land anywhere else in the universe.

Howard. Please. We need to leave.

You know what, I bet it's because of that gigantic magnet-stone they installed in the city library.

Five stories high, the thing is.

The meteor is right above us. We need to go. Now.

It's probably a conspirac-

And then they died.

Nope! Doge

I don't see why not. It sounds fun and harmless enough--kinda like lightning--it sets things on fire, but it can be countered. What would counter a meteor and what stuff could be crafted from it?

Maybe something that reverses gravity and I'm thinking it crashes after day 100 or when there not enough rocks so you don't have to go back to the gave for rocks

Maybe something that reverses gravity and I'm thinking it crashes after day 100 or when there not enough rocks so you don't have to go back to the gave for rocks

I guess rocks are fine, but they have been renewable with caves, although it's a pain to go down there. Maybe rocks and a random gem of some sort? Something to make a meteor worth putting in--like some sort of material that allows for a higher science tier or something. Meteors have ice so maybe some sort of anti-overheating thing can be crafted, like, it would be a pillar that would be placed in the center of a base and provide a force-field were things freeze--and the opposite effect of heat can be gained when lava is put onto it or something.

It seems too scientific to be properly Don't Starve--needs magic or something--IDK.

Archived