Are Puddles Purely Cosmetic?

Are puddles purely cosmetic or is there a slight wetness factor to them? What I mean is does each puddle slightly slow your drying/quicken your wetting of your character or the items that your character is carrying?

Even though I'm almost certain they have not effect, I still have a slight anxiety every time I step through one.

I'm pretty sure they're just cosmetic, to show the wetness of the environment.

EDIT: assumed you were talking about the dark patches on the ground that show up in Spring, not the melted mini-glaciers (since if you hover over them it calls them that rather than "puddles").

We need a way to have Glaciers renewable or else we're dead to be in the summer at one point. I know they appear after every time the pengulls come (I hope every time, if only the first time, then they're not renewable).

But I think we need another way it could be renewable, for example if you mine a glacier/mini glacier you get left with a puddle that has to freeze to have more ice come from it. What do you guys think?

We need a way to have Glaciers renewable or else we're dead to be in the summer at one point. I know they appear after every time the pengulls come (I hope every time, if only the first time, then they're not renewable).

But I think we need another way it could be renewable, for example if you mine a glacier/mini glacier you get left with a puddle that has to freeze to have more ice come from it. What do you guys think?

Pengulls need to just continue appearing in the same places every winter rather than stop after 2 years. That drives me nuts.

They're renewable. Towards the end of last winter I mined all the glaciers in my immediate camp area (roughly 3-4 screens around me). Next winter, new glaciers surfaced around me.

Also, there are notes in the file that the devs are considering having the puddle refreeze and regrow into a glacier come winter. Nothing confirmed if they'll implement it or not, but they've thought about it too =)

Are puddles purely cosmetic or is there a slight wetness factor to them? What I mean is does each puddle slightly slow your drying/quicken your wetting of your character or the items that your character is carrying?

Even though I'm almost certain they have not effect, I still have a slight anxiety every time I step through one.

I was beginning to dig into the files to try to find the answer for sure, but then I remembered... they're releasing an update tomorrow, and there's been much talk about adjusting the "wetness" effect. So anything might I find now has a very real possibility of changing in less than 24 hours.

With no proof whatsoever, I feel like puddles on the ground influence the ability for your items to get and/or stay wet. But I don't think they influence your character getting wet.

Would be cool if you could mine the frozen ponds and get ice, but wouldn't get fish thought. That'll definitely make ice renewable. Wait, with glaciers rocks are also renewable! And in caves the nitre and gold are as well. I wonder, what things, except mandrake are not renewable?

Would be cool if you could mine the frozen ponds and get ice, but wouldn't get fish thought. That'll definitely make ice renewable. Wait, with glaciers rocks are also renewable! And in caves the nitre and gold are as well. I wonder, what things, except mandrake are not renewable?

Rocks were already renewable in caves

So how many items exactly aren't renewable? I'm thinking to make a rel big Don't starve mod one day and want to make them renewable. May be we could grow Mandrakes, like the carrots in the farms, but that'd a really low chance, thought. 1% chance, may be?

Archived