Spontaneous combustion

I'm loving everything in the dlc and I want to say: Thank you Klei!

BUT there's one thing I actually wouldn't mind changing or removing completely, spontaneous combustion.

Sometimes items start heating little ofscreen so by the time I notice it my whole base is on fire.
I have 4 Ice Flingomatics in my base and they can't do much when there is 20+ items on fire.

I'd like to hear your thought and tips.

I have a better idea.(Not really, your idea is awesome)

RAIN DANCE!!!

Maybe....

in the magic tier...

something like a rain cloud in a glass orb / bottle...one use (smashing the glass) and it starts a fire extinguishing downpour?

That would be awesome. 

And maybe items would take little longer time to burn so you had more time to react. 

I'd like to hear your thought and tips.

I agree that edge of screen smouldering is a problem.  Especially at night when your vision is reduced if you're not keeping the fire roaring, and ESPECIALLY if something else is making noise so you can't hear the smolder.

Seth suggested here: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/32274-summer-and-ice-flingomatic/?p=425496  that base layout is intentionally going to be more a consideration in the future.  I'm guessing your best solution will be to "compartmentalize" your base to a degree, maybe don't have any more than two or three structure within fire-catching range of each other if at all possible. 

Archived