Spider large spawn number and proximity

Spiders seem to spawn more numbers from their nests. Tier 1 nests spawn 3 spiders now if I hit one nearby, Tier 2 spawns 4, and I haven't checked Tier 3.

Also, I don't have to be on the web for them to spawn if I aggro a spider nearby. I've noticed that even if I'm a few feet away from the web, they will still spawn. This has led to many nests releasing spiders at once.

It seems during spring more spiders spawn than normal. Because when I played during the other seasons they released the default amount of spiders, so it's a seasonal thing it would seem.

Aha! Thanks, that exlains it! *goes to update the wiki*

It seems during spring more spiders spawn than normal. Because when I played during the other seasons they released the default amount of spiders, so it's a seasonal thing it would seem.

If that's so, this should be moved to autumn. For some reason I think spiders should be more autumn-y. And as it is, autumn needs something to make it stand out more.

I think autumn stands out by being the least dangerous season!  I rather like it how it is.

I'm not saying you have to buff it up to be super dangerous. I just think it's not very unique at the moment, with no unique mobs, mechanics, etc. and at least this would be SOMETHING. Besides, spring is already dangerous enough as it is with the rain, so it would take a bit of pressure off and add it to autumn.

Archived