Don't Starve GIF(s)

Jomber

Night Time Plunder

post-234198-0-49463300-1392425449_thumb.

My first real attempt at animation (other than stick figures), and this was quite the learning experience. I had a few issues, mainly keeping to model, timing, and... drawing... but I did much better on the second half when I started ironing some of those issues out. I hope to improve as time goes on, and maybe you will get to see some of that progression here. Any constructive criticism would be helpful!

Yes... this may or not be related to when I saw Webber in the Winter trailer for Reign of Giants. I was very excited when I saw this.

• Like 14

That is one big seal. Thanks for the continued support guys!

Have you ever tried doing those animated cat licking icons? They're a good head start. They're pretty easy to make. You just need a template or make one yourself and then animate it. Take this one for an example.

XD Webber why? Why would you do that to Wilson. And if you are going to do the cat licking thing, use chester
(chester=infinite likes)

How about Chester licking Wilson over and over again? For future reference I probably won't take many suggestions/requests as making these things is no cakewalk, especially since I'm just starting out, but challenge accepted!

Night Time Plunder

attachicon.gifNight Time Plunder Final.gif

My first real attempt at animation (other than stick figures), and this was quite the learning experience. I had a few issues, mainly keeping to model, timing, and... drawing... but I did much better on the second half when I started ironing some of those issues out. I hope to improve as time goes on, and maybe you will get to see some of that progression here. Any constructive criticism would be helpful!

Yes... this may or not be related to when I saw Webber in the Winter trailer for Reign of Giants. I was very excited when I saw this.

Haha! Oh wow, yoink indeed!

• Like 1

It sure is motivating. I've already started a second GIF, but then I was distracted by videogames... I'll get working on it today some more. If it takes too long then I might put screenshots up of the progress made.

Chester Licking Wilson Cycle

"SLURP!"

post-234198-0-06102900-1393295608_thumb.

I got a bit lazy making this one. Lazy as in actually allocating time to do this. The week was hectic, but I got it done!

I'm a bit disappointed in how Chester turned out. He seems a bit flat, I'll probably find a way to spruce him up in the future, but hes like that for now. I hope to evolve my work as time goes on (hopefully for the better). If you see some dramatic switch in colors, design, etc., it's probably me experimenting with things. All part of the learning experience.

I should probably do something very important, and actually make a reference model for each character I am trying to animate, so that they don't vary ridiculously between GIFS or scenes. You'll probably get a screenshot of that when I get through it. (If I'm not lazy again.)

• Like 2