The Great (Roleplay) Experiment - The Revival Has Begun

Tesability

Eve could swear the trees were moving. It seemed she couldn't go a minute without walking into one of the claw marks she scratched into the trees to track her progress. She briefly contemplated if she could climb up on of the trees to get a sense of direction before her corrosion ate away at the branches. She decided against it. If she fell, she could snap her legs. And Eve really didn't feel like having to waste time gnawing through them so she could get moving again. Speaking of movement, Eve watched as something flitted through the trees above her. Though following it was an interesting prospect, where it had come from was far more interesting. She turned around and went in the general direction the wispy thing had come from.

Eve arrived at a small clearing where, to her surprise, a man stood. Another human...how unusual. Her entire time here, she had only found remnants of other humans. She'd never have thought she'd find one alive. "Herrrgrh" she growled. "Hhhrrrreel" damn. It had been so long she had needed the spoken word, Eve had forgotten how to speak. "Iiiiii eeeeeevvvvrgh. Eeeeeevvvvvvveeeeeee" wWith great difficulty she had gotten some words out. Whether he understood them remained to be seen.

(Purposely skipping Neos' turn.)

"I've had to eat people before. They taste like pork. The closer I come to passing out from malnutrition, the more I'm craving pork." Just because Isaac didn't look at the soldier immediately didn't mean the doctor didn't look toward him at all.

"Son, let us hope no one has to come to that any time soon," he spoke with a worried look on his face before walking over toward the unconscious boy, placing a hand on his forehead. "He absorbed a lot of heat during that stunt and we're nowhere near water."

However, something odd occurred. Snow began to fall, focusing itself around the young kid of the group. "Wait, it's not yet wintertime...?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From the edge of the forest did two of the strange hounds watch over the trio, the dark-purple one glancing quickly over the lanky ice one before returning its silver gaze toward the trio in the rocky area. The blue-tinted hound knew what its partner wanted and closed its black eyes, breathing deeply before expelling into the air a decent-sized snow cloud that moved over the human trio.

The purple hound simply gave a grin before nodding toward its packmate and making a dash back into the forest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"...Keheh. Fine. I'll play your 'game', but on one condition..." Maxwell heard from the most-sinister of all his prisoners on the Isles as Whyvenyr began to speak. "...Information. Tell me these three things."

"What would you like to hear about then, child?" The Puppet Master spoke in immediate response, expecting certain questions to be asked by the boy and already having responses at the ready for them.

"Firstly, what are the so-called 'abilities' of my foes? I'll require details on how I can defeat them if you expect me to do so."

And this was one of the questions he had expected, snapping one set of fingers before a decent-sized scroll of parchment appeared in his other white-gloved hand.

"Secondly, where even are we? This place puts up a facade of normality, but it's as shallow as the safety it portrays, and is entirely unlike any reality I've ever heard of in fiction or otherwise."

"And you would indeed be correct. This place wouldn't be so entertaining without the amount of danger present." He had expected this one too, ready to answer when his temporary companion was done with his questions.

"And, finally, my last question. Who do you answer to? You doubtlessly have incredible, otherworldly power, but do you actually control it, or does it control you?" Oh, no, he hadn't expected that question. "Either way, I'd be correct in assuming this is entirely related to why we're here in the first place, isn't it?" It took a lot of effort to suppress his normal nervous tics on a question like that, instead opting to freeze in place for the smallest of split-seconds.

"First of all, regarding abilities of the others on the Isles," Maxwell started to unroll the parchment in his hand, still unsure how to respond to the last question asked. "Let us start with the one lady here that just landed. The lady that has truly become the physical manifestation of insanity. First of all, don't bother with trying to inflict pain, her nerves are almost completely gone, but that also means her sense of touch is also almost all gone. She also regenerates whatever gets cut off from her, though I am not sure if that includes cutting off the head." Maxwell looks up from his scroll for a second in thought, nodding momentarily before looking back down, keeping the kid nearby in the edge of his vision. "You could potentially cut her head off with a sharp and strong enough blade and she'd never wake from it. If you do, however, take away any and all purple gems in her possession, even the ones in her. Without them, she will eventually dissipate on her own if more are not found."

"This next one was never really a human to begin with, a blob-like creature from a reality different to this one or your own. It is able to shapeshift rapidly, taking on any and all genetic abilities a form can use, and even going as far as crafting a human-like form for its own use. Believe me when I say it would take at least a month to tell you all the forms he can take, so expect anything and everything from it." Maxwell looked up from the scroll toward the human in black with a stern look on his face. "However, it's in this human form of its that you must worry about, since it...or should I now say he... also doubles as an sort of energy manipulator. Do not allow it to land any hits on you with any energy-based attack he makes unless you wish to be tainted with the same darkness that had originally turned Isaac into the Meatwork Knight, since the blob is also tainted with it. You'll know who this being is by the radioactive-green eyes it has in all of its forms."

"Now, before I continue with the other six, any questions you have to answer about these first two?"

(I'm breaking up the answers of these questions into multiple posts, Shadow, to give you a chance to respond to each bunch of information. Also, if you manage to grab the scroll, it's pretty much a re-written version of the character list in the first post.)

Edited by Tesability

(Woah! I didn't know that Simon had some sort of guardian angel... Again, I really don't have much to post, as Simon's unconscious, but I think I can get a reaction post in, even if it is quite small. I'm going to go ahead and assume that the snow is probably not your every day flurry...)

Simon had been unconscious, completely oblivious to the scene around him. The only thing that he was conscious of was burning heat and pain. He slowly woke up to find himself in a desert, the blazing sun beating down on his already scorched face. His mouth was parched and another wave of pain blasted through his head. "Where... Am I?" He found that the idea slipped out of his mind just as quickly as it has slipped in. "Hello? Guys? Are you there?" He couldn't seem to keep his thoughts trained on his whereabouts for too long, though, because he sunk to his knees under the burning sun. The sand was incredibly hot, but he was too weak to stand up. After what seemed like hours of lying in hot sand, unable to move, he felt a cool sensation. It felt almost like a prick from a needle, but there was no pain. In fact, it gave his heated body relief. As he looked up he found that it was snowing. As the crystallized water peppered his body, he couldn't help but laugh with happiness. I'll be okay, he thought, as long as I have the snow...

"Well it's not like I can just eat the-" Oh. Hey. Snow. It reminded him of home. Reminded him of cold days inside where he'd make soup, reminded him of all the people that had died fighting alongside him, reminded him of that time he'd seen a stray cat that led him towards a comfortable underground bunker where he hid from White Army soldiers for two months.. a lot of very conflicting memories. Wojtek's relationship with snow was nothing if not complicated, it brought up plenty of conflicting emotions.

Instead of doing something foolhardy Wojtek decided it would be best to take a deep breath and close his eyes. As Isaac said, it wasn't winter. Was this something directed at him? Was it egotistical to think an act of nature could be directed towards him? After a bit of deliberation, Wojtek realized that there was one thing that would have to be settled before he could go any further. He was not carrying Simon all the way to wherever the hell Isaac was leading them. Wojtek looked down towards the kid, who had been almost completely covered by the falling snow. He leaned down, placing his palms upon his knees. Needed to wake the kid up..

"O mój Boże, I've never seen spiders so big! They must be the size of Simon's tiny little head! We should run and save ourselves!"

There were no spiders, of course. Wojtek gave Simon's side a light kick.

Maxwell was certainly a prepared individual. Unlike what David had originally believed, Maxwell didn't come across as desperate, or even somewhat worried in his replies. All of the Puppeteer's responses were concise and simple, answering nothing more than exactly what was needed in the answer. It all pointed to the same conclusion: The Puppeteer had planned his responses so that there was no room for err in his words.

This was the case, anyways, for the questions he had expected. The final question David had asked was one that Maxwell hadn't expected in the slightest. For a moment, no more than a split second, the Puppeteer froze, and his expression went blank with fear. David had caught the Puppeteer off-guard, and, in a most pleasing of actions, David had received an answer to the most binding question he had. If the Puppeteer truly was in control of his own power, his expression wouldn't be one of fear or shock, but rather one of anger, or perhaps even pleasant surprise that someone would be able to figure him out.

But no, the Puppeteer was afraid of his power.

What did it mean, though? Was he actually afraid of his own power, or of someone finding out about it? Did it matter either way? What could he use this information for? Could there perhaps be a way--

"First of all, regarding abilities of the others on the Isles..."

The Puppeteer's words cut David's internal thoughts off, and, rather than ignore the Puppeteer's speech, David decided to silently listen for the duration of it.

"Now, before I continue with the other six, any questions you have to answer about these first two?"

David had completely lost his train of thought by the time Maxwell had finished his speech on the shape-shifter and the so-called 'lady'. Both the ideas were entirely preposterous, but, at the same time, they sounded believable. This place doesn't operate on any basis of 'normality', after all.

"Oh, um, yes." David stammered, attempting to regain his composure after not having spoke for quite a while, taking notice of the papers the Puppeteer held, "Those papers wouldn't be of the island's inhabitants, would it? I'll need them, if that's the case."

((Maxwell, They are not going to be happy with what you managed to let slip.))

Edited by ShadowDimentio