The Great (Roleplay) Experiment - The Revival Has Begun

Tesability

(Okay, since nothing interesting has happened so far, and I can't approach Maxwell and Shadow, I'll just make Lament's foot fall apart 'cause that's the first marginally interesting thing I thought of.)

After some time of walking, Lament's foot had already fallen apart. That cursed sand hadn't proven useful at all. Plus, the additionally cursed mud had taken out it's mud-related frustrations on it, eroding lament considerably. At this rate, it would consume Lament completely by the time it evaporated. Though aside from water and heat, what other options were there of getting rid of it? Either way, Lament had to find food. They were starving. Heading in the direction of what seemed like a berry field, Lament hoped against hope that they would get out of this alive.

Edited by KidneyBeanBoy

(Research papers... *shudder* You have my pity. Also, when writing this whole thing up, I was listening to this song on repeat. Ivan Torrent - TH3 AWAK3N1NG

Also, BLAME SCIENCE. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have had something to build into a plot for this tale. >:3 )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It rolled out of the hole it had hid itself in slowly, the pain filling the tiny being entirely as it clouded its thought processes. Even with the light that managed to shine through the leaves of the forest above it, its golden film had darkened to an incredible shade that was almost black. The dark-green irises the creature had shrunk down to an almost-invisible size, though shark eyes could see that they were still there despite the color of the eyes beginning to pale to shades close to white.

The blob began to reshape itself unbidden, growing taller and thinner into a vaguely-sticklike figure with elongated legs and arms that ended in claw-shaped hands. Anything that could signify a gender was absent, no private parts of either kind or anything upon the flat chest of the being. Rising into the air in the beginnings of levitation, pointed ears emerged from the new-found head to either side and pale-blue hair that was almost white grew around to roughly shoulder-length. The three black diagonal slashes that had been on it for so long still remained, but almost invisible save for the vague outline of grey that separated them from the rest of the almost-black creature.

Out of thin air did dark-purple fabric begin to surround the creature's deceptively-frail form, beginning the creation of a free-flowing hooded robe that held no buttons and edges lined with a lighter shade of purple. A dark-blue aura glowed around it as it slowly floated through the space it was in, weaving cautiously around the trees and brush as it did.

Whatever happened, this was no Meatwork that formed from the former Ditto...

SoulforgeBishop_zps105a3edf.png

(Percival, you're the closest to this, so you would see the finished creation first. Yes, I'm gonna yoink you into this, like it or not.)

A wave of negativity flooded the Islands for a brief moment, causing Isaac to wind up not catching what his companions had said near him. Not liking the feeling, he turned back toward his companions, keeping one foot pointed toward the direction his impromptu compass had pointed toward.

Placing the pointer and middle finger of his left hand together before placing them on his left temple, Isaac closed his eyes and began to think, think of something that was both simple in design yet would be strong enough to carry two, possibly three beings.

A smirk appeared on his face as a far-simplified version of the first car in existence, the Ford Model-T, began to form out of the mist-like substance that formed all Hallucinations, though this one seemed slightly enlarged to accommodate for more than the normal number.

Once it was done forming, Isaac dared to open his eyes, the signs of taxation showing in his eyes in the form of slowly-increasing insanity. "Load up everyone, I'm driving."

(Oh, don't worry, this one will bite Isaac in the ass soon enough...just not off the bat.)

"...I'll agree to that, so long as the compass will work as I believe it should, and the request you make later isn't detrimental to me." Okay, that was fair enough. A man with almost as much forethought as himself makes for fun competition and entertaining shows in most cases, though it was almost sad that this was not one such case. "I'm a reasonable man. If the request itself is reasonable or, better yet, mutual, there will be no issue whatsoever. Deal?"

This is one of those moments when he was glad he could think of a lot in less than a split-second and that's what the icy Maxwell was doing as David spoke his 'conditions' to the deal.

Before the second was over, the wave of negativity passed over the pair, causing Maxwell to glance toward the far-distant source for a moment before extending out the hand that held the enchanted scroll. There would be other ways to fulfill the request he had in mind for later, but for now...

"I can agree to that. In fact, the request that brought me to you in the first place involves a fair bit of stealth, which you seem to employ to great number as of late. Your precious Night's Touch has a property that became known to me after you had stabbed Trevor with it. I wish to see what would happen if you had inflicted the same kinds of wounds to the others that have invaded this island, excluding Rivetter, though. He, or should I say it, already carries the taint of that blade, courtesy of my dear friend Charlie. If this plays out the way I hope, I could get the Pieces I need and you could potentially not only have the Island to yourself, you would have full control over it as well."

Lifting a pointed finger toward the strange compass in David's hand, Maxwell's blackened eyes swapped between it and the scroll still in hand. "The compass and scroll would be able to work in tandem with each other. The compass needs the holder to either focus on the image or to say the name of their inquiry before it can point you in the correct direction. If what you wish isn't specific enough, the compass will instead point toward the closest thing to what you wish. It is that simple."

(Your character sheet has been updated to include the scroll and the compass, Shadow.)

Edited by Tesability

(Pfft, you're now the second person I know that's gone there for that kind of reason. Try to enjoy your trip your trip while you can!

Though I'm gonna guess that means Blue's to be skipped this go-round. @23rd, your go.)

Edited by Tesability

"Oh ho ho, nyet. I do not think that is best idea." Wojtek hooked his arm around the still laying Simon. The boy, he'd decided, was too lazy to move; Wojtek would have to move him himself. Both palms pushed into Simon's chest as the Russian lifted him high above his head, tossing him into the back of the Ford-T. Honestly, it was surprising that Simon still hadn't gotten on Wojtek's case for treating him like a ragdoll.

"First of all, you are extremely tired. So am I, but I have operated dangerous vehicles just fine under similar conditions. I trust myself behind the wheel more than I trust you." Wojtek punctuated his statements with eccentric movements of his left hand, pointing out the bags under Isaac's eyes and his general slumped posture. With a slap against the side of the vehicle, Wojtek got up into the front seat, taking a moment to realize that the wheel of the vehicle was on the left side instead of the right. With a grunt, he changed seats. Getting comfortable, Wojtek slouched into facing Isaac again.

"Secondly, and more importantly, this is an American mobile. That makes it naturally dangerous, and I don't want someone I don't know driving something naturally dangerous. Teraz to, let me see those keys."

David slowly and carefully extrends his hand out towards the scroll, quickly snatching it back and examining it in closer detail for himself. Each part seemed to detail very deeply the character of every person on the island, revealing some very choice information about nearly everyone except himself. As David read further and further, a sudden feeling of unease passed, seemingly carried by the wind. The urge was cold and evil, and was immidiately recognised by both the Puppetteer and David. One of the Touched was awoken. David rolls up the scroll and places it carefully in his bag, the Puppetteer speaking in response to his previous statement calmly.

"I can agree to that." He said somewhat lightly, "In fact, the request that brought me to you in the first place involves a fair bit of stealth... I wish to see what would happen if you had inflicted the same kinds of wounds to the others that have invaded this island..."

Finally the Puppetteer's plans were laid out in full. This was what he had been planning from the start. But what of it's implications? What would everyone being 'Touched' actually do?

"Excluding Rivetter, though. He, or should I say it, already carries the taint of that blade, courtesy of my dear friend Charlie. If this plays out the way I hope, I could get the Pieces I need and you could potentially not only have the Island to yourself, you would have full control over it as well..."

The Puppeteer finished what he had to say on that matter and now moved to speak about the compass, whose needle had begun excitedly twitching all of a sudden.

"The compass and scroll would be able to work in tandem with each other. The compass needs the holder to either focus on the image or to say the name of their inquiry... It is that simple."

David gives a small nod to the Puppeteer before focusing on the first name that came to mind from the list, speaking it aloud in the event he wanted to hear what his first target would be.

"...Evelyn Anna Lucian."

((Surry pohr ze vait. Eye vanted tu arpee elswerr, leik on a sevr I plai on Terraria. Is vrry gud.))

Edited by ShadowDimentio

(Percival, you're the closest to this, so you would see the finished creation first. Yes, I'm gonna yoink you into this, like it or not.)

(I assume this means that I am the nearest to this event and thus will be the first to experience the madness or story that unfold with it? Or is it just foreshadowing of something in store for my character regardless of what I do?)