The Great (Roleplay) Experiment - The Revival Has Begun

Tesability

ScienceMachine had started something great, but life began to interviene in a way that shattered one's will to participate in such a beauty. So, in general agreeance with all currently part of the original thread, I decided to start up a new thread to bring new life into it.

And now, let us begin again with...

The Great (Roleplay) Experiment

The Key Rule for this particular thread is as follows:

There needs to be a minimun of 5 sentences per IC post. For those who wish for a minimum length, 5-7 words per sentence that is not something being spoken like a character. I understand that sometimes the characters can only actually say so much in certain scenarioes.

~Regarding characters~

Powers and weaponry are allowed in this RP. However, in the case of powers, the more powerful the ability, the more it will drain you of your energy, if not also your health. Powers will also have a chance to be somehow altered on you, depending on the events of the RP. Weither for your good or not, there's no telling until it happens. If you bring a weapon that takes a certain kind of special ammo, such as any gun that uses bullets, those weapons have limited use until you find another viable way to reload. Melee weapons I would prefer not be specially enchanted, but I won't stop you from trying if it fits the character you create.

Crossover characters are allowed, BUT! You gotta prove you know what you're doing with the character. Those who wish to bring a character to this RP from outside of 'normal Earth' will have to post not only a character sheet, but also a sample starting post with you as the character so that I can see how well you play as them. This is for both canon characters and original characters from the world being crossed. You also need to be able to explain how the character managed to get there, because Maxwell doesn't have enough power on his own to yank people from a different dimension yet.

I will also only accept characters from worlds I am personally familiar with, so I can better keep you in line. Feel free to ask before creating if unsure.

~Do not worry about the speed of the RP, folks~

Because there are a few among us that are also thinkers and schemers, it may take a fair bit to plan a character's next move. However, please be considerate of your fellow players and either post within a day of the last person's post or let us know via an OOC post that you're going to be delayed and why for.

Big, crazy things, you leave to me to begin. It's one thing to wind up stepping on a single Hound's tail and wind up chased by it, but only I am allowed to send out a whole pack or start of even crazier stuff...such as a random Sonic Rainboom coming across the sky signalling something all sorts of wierd to come.

~A summary of the beginning~

The Watchers are becoming restless, and Maxwell isn't getting enough sustenance or entertainment for Charlie and Them. The original four had perished on the Isles and Maxwell is looking for new blood to victimize. A handful of people has gone missing from the face of the Earth at once, and no one knows where they've went. Of course, as per tradition goes, they all ended up scattered across The Maxwellian Isles. Although Maxwell doesn't prefer having more than one survivor on a set of Isles, he wouldn't want to disappoint his Charlie, plus he had been contemplating on what would happen if a set of Isles had more than one victim at a time.

Adding a few more spices into the mix, he had given the newcomers special abilities, bestowed/cursed by either the dark power of this world or their past experiences and abilities obtained before arrival. These poor beings, dragged to this world in one way or another, will now have to learn how to live and control their insane new gifts as they try to survive and make sense of all this.

~Now, let us meet the characters.~

The piece that represents you is not an indicator of power. It is merely a way to represent each character whenever I have Maxwell in a scene and is my attempt to show how each character should work with each other. Pawns are more latecomers than anything else and can 'become' a higher piece depending on how the games are played. Characters will continue to be accepted until all possible slots are filled. Once all the slots are filled, no one else can join, even if a character dies.

King: (cannot be taken)

Queen: Evelyn Anna Lucian - Luggs

Name: Evelyn Anna Lucian "Call me Eve."

Species: Human once. now corrupted by fuel

Appearance: (appearances have always been my weak point) She is 6 foot tall and lanky. Her skin is incredibly pale, almost see-through at times. Upon close inspection, marks resembling raw thulecite run through out her body. Her face is angular, with deep set eyes and and thin lips. Her blue eye are icey, sending chills down the spines of people who make eye contact. she has black straight hair that is like it is permanently wet, constantly dripping a black substance that vanishes whenever it makes contact with anything. Her clothes are quite tattered. She wears an uneven thulecite chest piece which has a large socket over the heart for a purple gem. "They fear me cause I walk the line. I resemble them but they know I am something more."

Personality: Cruel. Sadistic. Manipulative. What ever her personality was before, it has long since been consumed by her corruption. All that remains is her desire to grow stronger, to evolve and consume. She will manipulate others in pursuit of her goal. "My father tried to teach me about chess once. While the strategy behind each move fascinated me, the game itself bored me to tears."

Background: A name and a few vague memories. That's all Eve remembers of her past life before the Maxwellian Isles. A sick man in bed whom she called Father. Long nights spent over a chess board. A man named Maxwell, offering a cure to his suffering. Her fury as the conncotion ended his life. Then, nothing. She awoke in a field and discovered her current state. Through efforts of will, she was able to craft the chest piece that keeps her anchored to this world. By then, the old Eve had vanished. The new one was born. "My memories are like scraps of paper in the wind. Forever dancing just out of reach."

Traits:
~Pros~

Total Genetic Reconstruction: Eve can regenerate from any wound. From knitting skin back together to regrow entire limbs. However, each regeneration is more monstrous  than the last. "What doesn't kill me makes me stranger."

Thulecite Hardening: Due to her nightmare fuel infused nature, the thulecite chest piece she wears has begun to merge with her. This gives her more resilient flesh and has deadened her nerves. "I feel nothing. Not the chill of the wind or the warmth of the sun."

Corrosive Soul: Her nature as nightmare fuel is corrosive to the nature. Physical contact with her results in slimy black "burns" on what she touched. This only applies to the living or once living. Ex: She is corrosive to trees and the branches of used in spears but she can come in contact with stone or clockworks without damaging them. Exceptions to this rule are mandrakes, Deerclops eyes, and minotaur horns. "And I shall be a blight upon the earth. And everything I touch shall wither away and die."

~Cons~

Unstable Matter: Without a purple gem to anchor her body, she begins to scatter and will lose her corporeal form. One gem can keep her anchored to the corporeal realm for a day. "For most, purple is insanity. For me, it's the anchor to the world I know."

Corrosive Soul: This is just as much a negative as it is a positive. Unable to touch anything that has/had life.

On-hand Items: One additional purple gem

Bishop1: Neos Rivetter - Tesability

Name: Neos Rivetter
Gender: Genderless/Masculine (I'll explain this one in a second.)
Species: Ditto
Actual Age: 24

Appearance: If caught in his true form, he appears simply as a golden blob with neon-green eyes. However, he spends most of his time in a more-human form. Rather-tall and lanky, he wears a long-sleeved yellow jacket with a purple collar and pockets over a simple black undershirt. His pants were the same purple color as his jacket collar and his shoes were both simple in design and the same yellow as his jacket. Over his spiky blue hair sat sat a yellow, wide-brimmed hat with a orange stripe where the brim met the rest of the hat. The strangest trait of all were his neon-green eyes that had dark-green irises instead of the normal black, eyes that never seemed to change no matter what form he took on. Wrapped relatively-tight around his wrists and neck are what looks to be the same strange material used to form the unnatural Shadow Hands. Whenever he uses his unique abilities, they seem to pulse a little bit.

Personality: There is one word to describe Neos. Genuine. While he may be a shapeshifter, he has a personality of his own, an identity that he refuses to part with. Even They can't take that away from him and he has no guilt about it, even if it did get him in trouble with his world's God. Willing to defend the weakened and broken, and unafraid to tell off another being (sometimes in their own language!) when they're being quite full of it, Neos is unafraid to get himself into a fistfight when needed. As a Pokemon, he's used to combat, though he would prefer to do so at range. He's also not quite used to all the human intritcacies of both the human verbal and non-verbal languages, he can say and do things that, while he thinks he's being nice...well, let's just say he's been slapped a few times. While he is technically genderless, he identifies himself as a male and views himself as such. This also makes it rather...awkward...for him to take on female forms.

Background: (There is plenty more in this character's history that I haven't mentioned, but that would require a book by itself. Here's the critical bit about him, however.)
Neos is here because of the fact that he had angered the God of his home world, Arceus. A decree by the God Pokemon states that all Pokemon capable of transformation are not allowed to take on the form of a human, the fallen Pokemon race. However, after having his home saved by a human wielding an unusual power, Neos began to learn how to take on his own custom form...all while completely unaware of this old decree. Because of this, after a few years of the Ditto traveling under the veil of being a Pokemon Trainer, Arceus appeared before him...and it was furious. "If you wish to be one of them, then I shall place upon your soul their sin!" While the Ditto did manage to endure the attack that followed this line, he found himself waking up near a lake to see that his eyes had permenantly changed to their neon-green coloration. Ever since, there's been many times when the God had tried to get rid of him, usually by launching the marked soul into other realities. This time, however...it succeeded. When he woke up on the islands, he had no idea how he wound up with the black bindings on him.

Traits:
~Pros~
Genetic Shapeshifting: As a Ditto, Neos can transform into other beings if needed. However, all of his transformations are on a physical level. If an ability isn't in the genes of a person, he can't mirror those abilities. A perfect example would be if he tried to transform into Maxwell while the man's on the Throne still. While Neos would be able to transform into the Bound King, the Ditto wouldn't be able to channel into the powers of the Throne himself nor any spells he may had learned before getting stuck here.
Aura Sight: Neos can see his surroundings in an altered way at will, seeing what would not be visible to the normal human eye. While this does allow him to see at night and see what may be normally in the light of day, he is still unable to see Charlie. Her aura is not visible to him in this world, when normally it would be. Neos can use this ability in any form and his eyes will glow light-blue when he does use this.
Aura Sphere: When not in his original form, Neos can summon a sphere of light-blue energy in his hands and use it as a form of projectile. Depending on what he intented when forming the sphere, it can be used to harm, heal or simply distract an entity hit with it.

Aura Manipulation: Only in his human form can he change the energy summoned from his Aura into other forms, such as energy shields for blocking unnatural things or even other forms of energy such as fire, cold or electricity. Constant use of this ability builds up into quite a drain on his physical and mental health, however...
~Cons~

Soul Shatter: The light-blue light that he often summons is sourced from his very soul, which allows it to be potent. However, if he uses too much at one shot or uses it for too long a time without enough rest between uses, he can potentially wind up lifeless via becoming litterally soulless. You can't come back to life if there's no soul to bring back.
Shadow Binds: The black bindings around Neos' neck and wrists were planted there by Maxwell to keep the Ditto from abusing his powers. While the only hinderance it causes for his Aura Sight is the inability to see Charlie at night, it causes his Aura Spheres to take a heavier toll than normal on not only his soul, but on his body as well as allows the Bound King a way to really screw with the shapeshifter's transformation abilities. Sometimes, they can be used to force Neos out of a particular form, cause him to be stuck in certain forms or even be made to transform against will and be trapped in that new form for as long as Maxwell deems entertaining. The binds are there because of the fact that Neos would be untaxed by his skills normally due to using them for so long.

Tainted Power: Ever since getting slashed in the chest by Charlie, his own aura has been slowly darkening on him. Because of this, Neos now has Hallucinations permenantly in his vision, even when fully sane and not using Aura Sight and attempting to use Aura-based abilities on other beings will slowly taint anyone he uses it on. If a friendly, he will slowly corrupt them in addition to healing them. If used on a hostile, it will both damage and strengthen the foe. However, once his aura turns completely black...there's no telling what will happen.
Transformation Delay: It takes a total of 5 seconds to transform twice, from one form to his original self then to his new form. Transforming faster than than, though he can do it really hurts his internal systems.
Demorph triggers: When Neos isn't formlocked (stuck in a certain transformed state), there are two ways to force him out of whatever state he's in. One is laughter. Almost all Ditto are unable to keep transformed while busting a gut from laughing and he is no exception. Another is a quick strike to the back of the neck (or the equal to such a part). A shot to that spot knocks out most humans. A shot there knocks the Ditto both out of consciousness and of his transformed state.
Marked Eyes: When transforming into something with eyes, Neos' unusually-colored eyes will stay visible. In the earlier example of Neos turning into Maxwell, the only way you'd be able to tell the two apart visually is by the neon-green eyes Neos will still have. These are the result of a curse placed on him before he ever landed in the islands.

On-hand Items:

Pokedex: In the world Neos came from, you needed a training liscense to capture and train miraculous creatures called Pokemon, of which he himself is an example of. In addition to holding a digitized version of said liscense, it also holds data on various species of Pokemon from his home world. Upon landing on the Isles, Maxwell has been using it as a way to drive the Ditto up a tree and taunt him directly.

Pokeball: Neos has a white sphere in his possession that swaps between being large and small at the press of a button. It is used as a portable capturing and storing device for Pokemon in general, and could be used to forcibly hold the Ditto in one place against his will. Back home, the same sphere made it impossible for other such devices to work on him.

Bishop2: Simon - Blewcheese

Name: Simon
Appearance: Thin and tall, at a height of five foot seven. He looks a bit underfed, but not starved necessarily. He has short, black hair. He wears jeans and a blue t-shirt. His eyes are a deep brown, and his hands are about the size they should be compared to his height.

Backstory He was abandoned at a young age, left in the woods to die by his parents. However, a strange old man found him and raised him as his own. This father figure was never named, but Simon knew him as "Pops". Raised in the wild, he learned the ways of survival. Alongside teaching young Simon how to be civilized and survival, he also taught him about four major elements, water, fire, earth, and air. After many years of this, the old man was mysteriously murdered, and after Simon spent a week mourning, Maxwell appeared before him. Simon was told that, although Maxwell couldn't bring the man back to life, he could allow the man's ideas to live on in him. Simon agreed instantly, and he was brought to the DS world.
Personality: Although being ravaged by his father figure's death, Simon is normally happy and cheerful. However, he can sometimes be pessimistic. He trusts people almost immediately, and believes almost anything as he was raised in a place with no lies.
Abilities Simon possesses the ability to manipulate four elements, water, air, fire, and earth.
Water: Simon's ability to use water is used for healing injuries. He can heal anything from small bruises and cuts to internal bleeding and broken bones. However, the larger scale of injury that he heals, the more punishment that his mind takes. He can effortlessly heal small cuts and bruises, but larger, more severe scratches and injuries can fatigue him incredibly. When fatigued, Simon can barely walk, let alone use any sort of elemental skill. If he is to heal a broken bone, it can send him into a coma for up to three days.
Fire: Simon can use fire to, essentially, expell it from his body. He can shoot it out of his hands, mouth, anywhere he desires. However, he is not immune to the burns caused by the fire, so using this skill can severely hurt him. If he were to shoot fire from his hands, for example, they would result in being blackened and charred. This skill can also only be used when he is in contact with direct sunshine, so he can only do it at day in clear skys, not under a dense forest or in a cave.
Air: Simon uses the air element for flight. However, using this ability can destroy his mental state and sanity. He can fly for about a minute toll free, but after that he begins to go insane. He cannot fly for over thirty minutes without loosing his mind entirely. When he goes insane, he can suffer from memory loss, backwards speaking, aggressiveness, and other bad side effects. However, when he is too insane, he cannot use his elemental powers.
Earth: When using the earth element, Simon can control nearby rocks and the ground around him. It is effectively telekenisis that only works on rocks. However, when overused, this skill can result in high fever and sickness. He can lift most small boulders without suffering, but if he does so for a long period of time or if he uses a large boulder, he can suffer from sickness.

Environmentally affected: Simon's connection to the elements is much more powerful than his control over them. Therefore, he is very heavily affected by his surroundings. A change in the environment around him will cause his abilities to shift to match his surroundings. For example, a sandstorm will make his earth elemental skills exponentially stronger. The same with a blizzard and his water skills, a tornado with his wind skills, and so on. Although his powers will become much more potent, he will, in most cases, go temporarily insane almost immediately. He will attempt to exert his power on anything around him, friend or foe. When the environmental change ends, or Simon has completely exhausted himself, he will go unconscious and the normal drawbacks to his elemental powers will not apply.

Knight1: Isaac Trevor - Tesability (Character is up for adoption)

Name: Isaac Trevor
Appearance: A tall and lanky person, he looks very uncanny despite he's legitimacy as a human. His skin is unhealthily pale white and his skin that isn't the head, or fingers seems to be of jet black organic substance that retains the appearance of a full body suit with finger-less gloves. His face is long and rough, his pitch black eyes with white pupils hidden behind his glasses. The way his eye brows and mouth is affixed makes it looks like he's constantly annoyed. Despite his apparent lankiness, he's still very strong and is capable of carrying large weights, but not too large like a boulder. He wears a white buttoned shirt with its sleeves folded up to his elbows, black pants with matching suspenders over his shoulders and black shoes that seems to be made of some material that isn't leather.
Background: Suffers from amnesia, he's still isn't able to find out who he truly is, asides the wallet he has in his pockets telling him that he is "Isaac Trevor, Psychiatrist PhD". He has been living on the Isles isolated from his own species for a long time now and genuinely feels lonely, despite the sentient pigmen roaming around close to his small encampment, just outside the pigmen's village. He's been on the Isles for almost a month now, but he suddenly feels like he's not alone anymore ...

However, after a small time when he had been turned into a monster identified by Maxwell as the Meatwork Knight and was miraculously turned back to normal, his past memories flooded back to him, reminding him of the woman he had accidentally set up the death of and that he had once...still...loved. With the flooding back of memories, the original deal made with Maxwell was broken and a new one had to be reformed. However, no one (not even the person controlling this character now!) has any idea what this deal could be nor the fact that a deal was made to begin with.
Personality: Quiet, and has a heart of gold. He's often seen in the background, watching from afar and never approaches unless told to or he has something to say. He only does this out of fear that he'd accidentally hurt someone through his uncontrollable outbursts. When he does leave his comfort zone, he can be a compelling leader and a capable natural fighter. He's repressed so much of his memory that his powers can manifest them into a single entity, usually in a form of a sentient, but always silent shadow hand that could point to an objective like a compass. He instinctively avoids those with Maxwellian artifacts, sometimes making himself rude. He avoids using his powers as much as possible out of fear of himself and the power that he contains within and the fact that his powers are very taxing on him. Even as listed above, he will always come to the aid of an innocent, sometimes throwing himself in the line of fire just to save them regardless.
Powers:
Pros
Look ma, no hands!: Controls shadows to some extent, capable of making them real and stretch them out to cover a small radius. Can also summon Hallucinations.
I have a finger, and I will point: He can subconsciously create a shadow hand to point him where’s north or an objective.

I am calm, cool, collected...and insane: There's more than one form of insanity, and for Isaac, his insanity takes the form of a mad scientist that relishes in theatrics instead of the normal crazy that affects everyone else. This allows him to think faster in dangerous situations, often coming up with inventive ideas that no sane person could ever scheme.
Cons
Spoon Bender: The bigger and or more complex the shadow is, the harder it will hit his mind. He’ll suffer from insanity and even a migraine or two.
Big eater: He needs lots of food to keep his powers and him going.
Allergic: Can’t touch any Maxwellian Artifacts. It hurts. If anyone’s wearing them, be sure to be ignored accidentally.
My friends don’t like me anymore: If he hits critical insanity, his shadow monsters can appear out of nowhere and try to strike him or anyone nearby.

Are you sure you're not...?: When having gone insane, he acts just a bit too much like the Puppet Master of the Isles. Someone not realizing the difference between the two could treat Isaac as they would Maxwell...both the good AND the bad ways.

Knight2: Wojtek Hahn - 23rd

Name: Wojtek Hahn

Appearance: Disheveled and sickly should be the first two words that come to mind when seeing Wojtek. His grooming is non-existent, reddish-brown hair thick and unkempt with a stubble to match. Being from Chernogolovka, Wojtek naturally dresses in warm clothing. A dark green army jacket with dark gray fur around the hood and cuffs, a light gray sweater, a heavy pair of faded blue jeans and brown Wellington boots make for his usual attire. Standing at 5'6" he's of average height, perhaps a bit on the short side depending on your perspective. His weight is difficult to tell considering his clothing, but the gravity of his steps indicates that he's at least muscular enough to not be considered light.

Background: From Chernogolovka in the early 1910s to the world of Don't Starve. Wojtek came from the civil war that split the country of Russia between the aristocracy and the common working class. As you can probably assume, Wojtek was one of the working class; he was part of the Red Army. In the beginning his patriotic fervor and disdain for what he viewed as an unjust government was absolute, and he found solace in the intensity of the violence around him. The bloodier the fight, the more honorable the cause; he'd never expected to see it any differently. After witnessing countless atrocities committed in the heat of battle however, Wojtek began to lose his faith in his country. It seemed only natural that when invading a White Army compound he would become transfixed when a voice spoke to him over the loudspeakers, promising him an escape from the tragedy his life had become. All he had to do was flip that lever..

Personality: The culture shock of his new home may have driven Wojtek a little mad. He's still in survival mode, and his decisions are often driven by the dogged need to stay alive, followed immediately by keeping the people around him safe. He's used to working in a squad, and even if the people he's traveling with now are a little more than he can take in he still needs to ensure their safety. MOST IMPORTANTLY, his favorite food is stuffed eggplant.

Pros

Wojtek's got a gun: Guess what this pro is about? That's right, a Webley Mk. IV! Wojtek came into the world with this service revolver, but in a psychological power-play wound up tossing the entirety of his ammunition (5 rounds) into the caves below. Will those rounds show up again? I don't know why you're asking me! That doesn't stop this little gun from finding its uses, though.

I used to have picnics in this weather: Winter doesn't mean a damn thing when you come from a place as cold as Chernogolovka. Wojtek just doesn't freeze. Oh, sure, too much exposure to cold can have some crazy (*cough*) effects, but he ain't gonna die from it.

Cons

Whyvenyr must die: The first person Wojtek met was David, and that was an experience that was rife with thinly veiled hostilities. Wojtek never trusted him from the beginning, but as our favorite Russian's sanity began to ebb so did his better judgement. In their last encounter Wojtek tried to keep David from getting away after watching the "slimeball" try and use his silver tongue to get an innocent man killed. As Wojtek's mind diminished, his convictions about David only get stronger, and the presence of that sleazy vagabond can really mess with Wojtek's sense.

Shouldn't have pissed them off: Wojtek pissed off a giant horde of spiders on the first night he arrived. They're still out there.

Rook1: David Whyvenyr - ShadowDimentio

Name: David Whyvenyr

Appearance: David has a rather... distinct, shall we say, appearance. He's fairly averagely built, and is a touch on the tall side at about 5'8 feet tall, weighing in at about 140 pounds. Beyond this, however, things start getting strange. He has deathly pale skin, and very cold, dark eyes hidden slightly beneath is matted, unkempt blonde hair. If you observe how he moves, there's always a slight slouch, and generally he doesn't travel with much urgency or speed unless the situation specifically calls upon it. He also has rather odd tastes in clothing, for some reason favoring cherry red shirts, bluejeans, and brown slip-on shoes.

Background: David's past is a mystery, thickly veiled in unknown facts that not even he has let slip. Maxwell dug as far as he could into what They knew, but all to no avail. He's a complete unknown, with an extremely troubled past, but the questions still persists: What? What could have possibly made him so utterly broken? What killed his hopes in life so thoroughly that he would even consider accepting Maxwell's foolish offer? That, my friends, is just another mystery.

Personality: David could best be described as having 'two' personalities. One is his recessive personality, his 'normal' self, whom comes across as trapped by his other, stronger self, and whom can expertly draw in the pity of anyone who surrounds him through his words alone. Then there's his... other self. His 'broken' self is the substantially more dominant of the two, whose trademark characteristics are hyper-violent tenancies, complete emotional coldness, and a tenancy to make completely irrational decisions which only benefit himself.

Powers:

Enhanced Sensors: For reasons unknown even to himself, David has unusually perceptive senses. He can smell, hear, see, taste, and feel much better than normal people, even being perceptive enough to see and work in pitch darkness.

Weaknesses:

Shattered Psyche: David's sanity is an utter unknown, much like himself. While he, miraculously, hasn't gone 'insane' by the island's standards, he certainly acts as though he's insane at times.

It Burns: Due to him having such sharp senses, attacks that target his senses are unusually effective towards him, such as bright lights, or particularly rancid stenches.

Extremely Picky Eater: Due to having an advanced sense of taste, he can't stand stale food. He also, personally, despises fruits and vegetables, sustaining himself entirely off of meat.

On-hand Items:

Accursed Blade ("The Night's Touch"): David, through a series of circumstances, managed to not only become a ward for the Grue on his first night on the island, but also obtained an incredibly powerful dagger that he's managed to hold onto thus far. Whilst much of the blade is still unknown, a few things have been discovered so far, such as how it seems to be not only made of nightmare fuel, but 'powered' by it as well. A handfull or so of fuel can cause the dagger to 'transform' into a much more vicious form, expanding nearly three times it's size as a dagger and becoming a veritable sword. The dagger also has the strange ability to turn the blood of it's victims into pure nightmare fuel, permanently corrupting those unlucky enough to survive an attack from him into the Touched.

Magic Compass: David found himself acquiring a strange compass that could lead him to what he is searching for, either by saying the name of his target or by focusing on the image of it. While being as specific as possible helps the compass focus better and give more accurate results, being slightly vague can allow it to find what David may not even realize he needs or wants.

Enchanted Scroll: A strange scroll of Maxwell's creation that seems to update itself whenever a change is made to any of the prisoners of the Islands, allowing whomever holds it to remain on top of his or her competition.

Rook2: Tempus Cadence - Pecival

Name: Tempus Cadence

Species: Human
Personality: Tempus is slightly arrogant when angered, but is mostly reasonable, kind, and calm. He is a humbling man, but he is also sensitive to insults and accusations from others, as he has had his fair share of them from his school.
Backstory: Music is a powerful art. A member of the Retinue of Music, Tempus Cadence was a member of the Virtuoso Senate.  An apprentice in the Path of the Conductor, he was the first person to successfully infuse a soul into music in his school, and was thus respected by many members, despite being a lesser powerful student of the Senate. Of course, as he was a lesser student, the longing to be recognized grew within him, and as such, he began to toy with the darker aspects of music, hoping to be admitted into the higher orders. One good (and last) example of how far he would go was his effort to study the Mesto Arts. While Mesto music is relatively harmless, Tempus' attempt at recreating the Song of Sorrows was a deadly experiment. Composing a Mesto masterpiece, he neglected to provide earmuffs or other sound-muffling device for his masters. Playing the symphony for his teachers, halfway in the melody, most of them, if not all, have lost their hearing and were short of breath. Stopping the music, Tempus realized what he has done, but by then, the damage was done. An hour later, despite Tempus' attempts at relieving their pain, they breathed their last breath, and the last note of the Mesto struck out in the air. (As the story goes on, more of this will be revealed.)
Abilities: Uses different styled conductor's batons to summon forth great beasts to fight for him, as he isn't suited for the survival aspect. The batons are slightly fragile, as most of them are very old. Different gestures and movements will give commands to the creature. However, these batons can also be used against him, as in situations where another Conductor or music aficionado manage to obtain his batons or if the creatures misinterpret his commands.
Side Notes: His batons are precious to him, being the last mementos he has from his now deceased acquaintances. As such, destroying or harming these tokens will cause him to retaliate at everyone, regardless if they're friend or enemy.
Appearance: A bit on the small side, he wears a suit similar to the Buckingham Palace's guards, except he wears a simple flat cap instead of the guard hat, and his sleeves has grooves for his batons. His tuxedo pants have a quarter rest symbol, surrounded by a circle.near the pockets- his school's emblem.

Pawn1: (Currently open)

Pawn2: Lament - KidneyBeanBoy

Name: Lament
Species: Mud Guardian
Appearance: Vaguely resembling a traffic-sign stickman in shape, though still relatively humanoid, Lament is made out of a greyish goo which occasionally blobs off and floats into the air before vanishing, almost like he's boiling. Lament's face is simply two holes for eyes combined with a mouth, which only moves when he changes facial expression, and no nose nor ears Here's a picture of him I drew (Terribly) on colors!3D: http://colorslive.com/details/1776985 He's missing his claylike texture, butotherwise, that's him in a poorly drawn nutshell.

Background: Long ago in ancient China, lament was a kodama (tree spirit) living in a small forest near a rural town. One day, Lament saw a strange,shadowy hand gliding through the forest brandishing a golden axe. Fearing for the well-being of the trees, he leapt onto the hand, but due to his small size, was only able to annoy the creature. The hand suddenly grabbed him, and being polluted with nightmare fuel, corrupted Lament, turning him into a kind of nightmare fuel, muddy golem. After he was finished, the hand pulled Lament into the ground, never to be seen again.

Personality: Quite confused, though very smart about things. Lots of the things in this world need to be explained to Lament, though he can often use them to advantage when he knows how they work. He usually looks at the logical side of things, sometimes completely forgetting people's emotions.

Powers:

Pros

whAT iS GOiNg oN?: Can disorient people within a 3-foot radius of him, temporarily making them lose their train of thought or stealing their sense of touch. However, this also causes Lament to get an excruciating headache, lowering his sanity.

Mud-dled: Can absorb any mud-like substance to regain form, and also obtain their properties.

Bubble burster: If someone touches one of Lament's blobs, it bursts, with effects ranging from blinding, poisonous and acidic. This also effects Lament.

Cons

I'm Mellting...: The bubbles that float off from him stay off of him, so the more blobs he emits, the faster he has to regain health.

Part Nightmare On his Father's Side: When Lament comes in contact with nightmare fuel, he absorbs it into his body. Soon after, he starts to hallucinate. If too much gets into his system, he becomes suicidal.

Lava lamp: At intense heat the blobs that float off Lament emit light, but they come off at a faster rate.

Allergic to water: If it rains, or he gets splashed with water, he washes away and slowly dies.

Pawn3: (Currently open)

Pawn4: (Currently open)

Pawn5: (Currently open)

Pawn6: (Currently open)

Pawn7: (Currently open)

Pawn8: (Currently open)

~The Character Sheet~

Name: (Both First and Last names are preferred, please)
Appearance: (Picture is optional, but you need at least a written description.)

Personality:

Background:

Traits:
~Pros~ (Optional)

~Cons~ (Optional, need at least one con for any powerful positive traits)

On-hand Items: (If any)

Before the RP starts up again, I need all returning players to post up updated versions of their character sheets, if it is warranted. I also tried to have one post in this thread that had ALL of the past RP posts in the other thread, but it refuses to let itself be posted. Pfft.

Once we are all ready, I shall begin where we left off.

~Current Order of Turns~

Tesability
Blewcheese
23rd
ShadowDimentio
KidneyBeanBoy
Pecival
Luggs

Edited by Tesability
  • Like 1

(Finally worked out a believable backstory! Yes!)

Appearance: Vaguely resembling a traffic-sign stickman in shape, though still relatively humanoid, Lament is made out of a greyish goo which occasionally blobs off and floats into the air before vanishing, almost like he's boiling. Lament's face is simply two holes for eyes combined with a mouth, which only moves when he changes facial expression, and no nose nor ears Here's a picture of him I drew (Terribly) on colors!3D: http://colorslive.com/details/1776985 He's missing his claylike texture, butotherwise,

that's him in a poorly drawn nutshell.

Background: Long ago in ancient China, lament was a kodama (tree spirit) living in a small forest near a rural town. One day, Lament saw a strange,shadowy hand gliding through the forest brandishing a golden axe. Fearing for the well-being of the trees, he leapt onto the hand, but due to his small size, was only able to annoy the creature. The hand suddenly grabbed him, and being polluted with nightmare fuel, corrupted Lament, turning him into a kind of nightmare fuel, muddy golem. After he was finished, the hand pulled Lament into the ground, never to be seen again.

Personality: Quite confused, though very smart about things. Lots of the things in this world need to be explained to Lament, though he can often use them to advantage when he knows how they work. He usually looks at the logical side of things, sometimes completely forgetting people's emotions.

Powers:

Pros

whAT iS GOiNg oN?: Can disorient people within a 3-foot radius of him, temporarily making them lose their train of thought or stealing their sense of touch. However, this also causes Lament to get an excruciating headache, lowering his sanity.

Mud-dled: Can absorb any mud-like substance to regain form, and also obtain their properties.

Bubble burster: If someone touches one of Lament's blobs, it bursts, with effects ranging from blinding, poisonous and acidic. This also effects Lament.

Cons

I'm Mellting...: The bubbles that float off from him stay off of him, so the more blobs he emits, the faster he has to regain health.

Part Nightmare On his Father's Side: When Lament comes in contact with nightmare fuel, he absorbs it into his body. Soon after, he starts to hallucinate. If too much gets into his system, he becomes suicidal.

Lava lamp: At intense heat the blobs that float off Lament emit light, but they come off at a faster rate.

Allergic to water: If it rains, or he gets splashed with water, he washes away and slowly dies.

Edited by KidneyBeanBoy

Uhhhh.......I don't know if I'll be accepted, but I'll post it here anyways.

Name: James P. Higgsbury

Species: Human Weapon (See Powers)

Appearance:  His hair looks much like Wilson's( The game, of course!), except that it is only missing one loop. He is starting to grow a mustache, and his hair is dirty blond. The color of his eyes are red, making you believe he is a vampire. His clothing style consists of a one-of-a-kind top hat, silk clothes, and shined shoes as if they were shined seconds ago.

Backstory (These change depending on the RP I'm in): Tricked by Maxwell himself, he was promised to get his brother back. James knew not to trust strangers, but he accepted anyways. Little did he know this would be his demise.

Personality: James is a very dapper man, but can be full of himself and is short-tempered. Not many people like him due to his selfishness and short temper.

Traits:

Death Scythe: James can turn into a scythe at will.

Survival of the fittest: In extreme conditions, such as blizzards, James can survive for extended periods of time.

Weakness(es): James is afraid of owls. Doesn't matter if they're humanoids that tear peoples faces of by staring at them (the victims), he can't stand owls.

Death scythe weakness: When changed back into human form, his arms will experience Excruciating pains, along with his head, and often he will faint.

to self: Please accept....

Edit: My preffered chess piece is pawn2

((Really not a fan. At all. To short, to poorly written, and horribly characterized. 2/10, would deny.

I wish we had more applicants like 23. He was pretty much the only one after the initial start whom I was really like 'YES' with.))

Edited by ShadowDimentio
  • Like 1

((Really not a fan. At all. To short, to poorly written, and horribly characterized. 2/10, would deny.))

(It's too, not to.)

(And why did I expect you to post something like this? He's from the casual roleplays, where stuff like that isn't too important.)

Edited by KidneyBeanBoy

(It's too, not to.)

(And why did I expect you to post something like this?)

((Because I'm exceptionally predictable in my misgivings.

And because I'm a hoitey toitey RP eliteist. If a 'casual' wants to cross the gap, then they damn well better have their paperwork in order if they want to get accepted.))

Edited by ShadowDimentio

((Because I'm exceptionally predictable in my misgivings.

And because I'm a hoitey toitey RP eliteist. If a 'casual' wants to cross the gap, then they damn well better have their paperwork in order if they want to get accepted.))

(This roleplay was originally intended for beginners, or at least they were to be welcomed. People will need a sort of stepping stone, a way to get from casual to something like this. Or at least that's how I saw it.

So go a bit easier on him.)

(This roleplay was originally intended for beginners, or at least they were to be welcomed. People will need a sort of stepping stone, a way to get from casual to something like this. Or at least that's how I saw it.

So go a bit easier on him.)

((The way I see it, if someone wants to apply to a RP that I'm in, I reserve the right to critique it, even if I lack the authority to officially deny it. Sure, I may be a little to agressive with how I say it, but I try to hold back some, and generally I have valid complaints.))

((The way I see it, if someone wants to apply to a RP that I'm in, I reserve the right to critique it, even if I lack the authority to officially deny it. Sure, I may be a little to agressive with how I say it, but I try to hold back some, and generally I have valid complaints.))

(That's all true , but if that's how you hold back, I don't want to see you you let loose.)

One: The only real roles for the chesspieces is to show how many slots are left and to help me keep track of this game. It is no indicator of how strong or weak a character is. Hell, the Queen, which is the most-powerful piece in chess, could wind up being the weakest character.

Two: The post order will be made when everything's ready and everyone posts once. The first round is freeform and will determine how everything plays out later on.

Three: Shadow, I has scheme and I need your help with it.

Four:

Appearance: Vaguely resembling a traffic-sign stickman in shape, though still relatively humanoid, Lament is made out of a greyish goo which occasionally blobs off and floats into the air before vanishing, almost like he's boiling. Lament's face is simply two holes for eyes combined with a mouth, which only moves when he changes facial expression, and no nose nor ears Here's a picture of him I drew (Terribly) on colors!3D: http://colorslive.com/details/1776985 He's missing his claylike texture, butotherwise, that's him in a poorly drawn nutshell.

Powers:

Pros

Cons

This may prove to be interesting. *rereads Lava lamp and rereads the last round of posts in the old thread* WHOOPS, you're going to be entering the thread rapidly melting already because of the intense drought that started up! You, sir, are accepted.

Five:

Name: James P. Higgsbury

Species: Human Weapon (See Powers)

Appearance:  His hair looks much like Wilson's, except that it is only missing one loop. He is starting to grow a mustache, and his hair is dirty blond. The color of his eyes are red, making you believe he is a vampire. His clothing style consists of a one-of-a-kind top hat, silk clothes, and shined shoes as if they were shined seconds ago.

Backstory: Tricked by Maxwell himself, he was promised to get his brother back. James knew not to trust strangers, but he accepted anyways. Little did he know this would be his demise.

Personality: James is a very dapper man, but can be full of himself and is short-tempered. Not many people like him due to his selfishness and short temper.

Traits:

Death Scythe: James can turn into a scythe at will.

Survival of the fittest: In extreme conditions, such as blizzards, James can survive for extended periods of time.

Weakness(es): James is afraid of owls. Doesn't matter if they're humanoids that tear peoples faces of by staring at them (the victims), he can't stand owls.

Death scythe weakness: When changed back into human form, his arms will experience Excruciating pains, along with his head, and often he will faint.

OH, HEY. SOUL EATER. Buff up the personality and backstory a little bit more (maybe include how James is related to Wilson, since Maxwell would know of the connection) and I'll be able to accept you. As of right now, other than the fear of owls (I'd hate to see this guy's reaction to a Noctowl), I don't have as much ammunition to work with. Edited by Tesability

(I have no idea if this is good enough. If it isn't, send me to the corner of shame.

Personality: Tempus is slightly arrogant when angered, but is mostly reasonable, kind, and calm. He is a humbling man, but he is also sensitive to insults and accusations from others, as he has had his fair share of them from his school.
Backstory: Music is a powerful art. A member of the Retinue of Music, Tempus Cadence was a member of the Virtuoso Senate.  An apprentice in the Path of the Conductor, he was the first person to successfully infuse a soul into music in his school, and was thus respected by many members, despite being a lesser powerful student of the Senate. Of course, as he was a lesser student, the longing to be recognized grew within him, and as such, he began to toy with the darker aspects of music, hoping to be admitted into the higher orders. One good (and last) example of how far he would go was his effort to study the Mesto Arts. While Mesto music is relatively harmless, Tempus' attempt at recreating the Song of Sorrows was a deadly experiment. Composing a Mesto masterpiece, he neglected to provide earmuffs or other sound-muffling device for his masters. Playing the symphony for his teachers, halfway in the melody, most of them, if not all, have lost their hearing and were short of breath. Stopping the music, Tempus realized what he has done, but by then, the damage was done. An hour later, despite Tempus' attempts at relieving their pain, they breathed their last breath, and the last note of the Mesto struck out in the air. (As the story goes on, more of this will be revealed.)
Abilities: Uses different styled conductor's batons to summon forth great beasts to fight for him, as he isn't suited for the survival aspect. The batons are slightly fragile, as most of them are very old. Different gestures and movements will give commands to the creature. However, these batons can also be used against him, as in situations where another Conductor or music aficionado manage to obtain his batons or if the creatures misinterpret his commands.
Side Notes: His batons are precious to him, being the last mementos he has from his now deceased acquaintances. As such, destroying or harming these tokens will cause him to retaliate at everyone, regardless if they're friend or enemy.
Appearance: A bit on the small side, he wears a suit similar to the Buckingham Palace's guards, except he wears a simple flat cap instead of the guard hat, and his sleeves has grooves for his batons. His tuxedo pants have a quarter rest symbol, surrounded by a circle.near the pockets- his school's emblem.

If you need information about the Retinue of Music and their teachings/lessons, I can provide it.)

Edited by Pecival

I would appreciate a PM with more info about the Retinue and their lessons before I decide on if I let you join in or not. I have a few ideas kicking around in my head regarding those abilities, but I need futher information to see if they are viable ideas.

Believe me, I understand the need for sleep.

And folks, the ()'s are not needed yet, for the RP has not kicked back into play yet.

EDIT: I will ask further questions as things go on, Pecival, but you are accepted.

Edited by Tesability