Does a mod exist that removes sanity?

Jorvalt

I was wondering if there was a mod that removes sanity.  I personally think the whole sanity system is ridiculous and that too many things lower your sanity and not enough things raise your sanity back up.  If there isn't one, I think that would be a great mod idea.

Sanity is easy to manage and adds challenge to the game. It gets easier as you progress, eventually making a garland, then a top hat, then a Tam, and then you can pluck flowers and eat sanity restoring foods. 

If you don't want to lose sanity stay away from scary things.

Sanity is easy to manage and adds challenge to the game. It gets easier as you progress, eventually making a garland, then a top hat, then a Tam, and then you can pluck flowers and eat sanity restoring foods. 

If you don't want to lose sanity stay away from scary things.

Items that restore sanity over time will degrade just by being worn and restore sanity very slowly.  Picking flowers is great but what if there are no flowers around?  And as far as I know there's no way to replant flowers.  Plus there are some things that don't even make sense like losing sanity from digging graves (I would understand losing sanity if a ghost popped out but really?) or losing sanity from eating spoiled food even if you're playing as WX-78.  My point is it's way too much trouble to restore sanity when it's so easy to lose it, and the distortion and whispery noises get really annoying.

1:Items that restore sanity over time will degrade just by being worn and restore sanity very slowly.  2:Picking flowers is great but what if there are no flowers around?  And as far as I know there's no way to replant flowers.  3:Plus there are some things that don't even make sense like losing sanity from digging graves (I would understand losing sanity if a ghost popped out but really?) 4:or losing sanity from eating spoiled food even if you're playing as WX-78.  5:My point is it's way too much trouble to restore sanity when it's so easy to lose it, and the distortion and whispery noises get really annoying.

Answer 1: Make more.

Answer 2: You can plant butterflies. Then put bees around to make them pollinate and spread. 

Answer 3: Disturbing the deceased and stealing their stuff to give it to a giant pig man for gold. It's weird.

Answer 4: He doesn't.

Answer 5: Deal with it or turn your sound down.

Here's some tips for dealing with sanity,

Firstly, near the beggining of the game if your sanity gets low go through a grassland and pick some flowers, instead of doing whatever with them, make a garland to restore your sanity slowly, after a little while, around day 10 go kill a few spiders and make a top hat, you'll need it for making a prestihatitator later anyways, although i don't personally reccomend it, you can also make a dapper shirt from hounds teeth, also, make sure to make a winter hat for winter, which will also restore sanity when worn, you can also install the more plantables mod, which im pretty sure makes it where standing near flowers restore your sanity a lot, if you'd like some late-game tips, PM me or add me on steam and we can talk.

Well hi everyone(my first post bug damn...)! I'm currently trying to draw some Resident Evil characters and doing some cool hat and armor too, but I don't have any clue for do guns :(, any help would be appreciated for that. Though let's not be Out of the Subject that much.

===>So, download Notepad++ if you don't have it yet, install it on your computer (click twice on the exe file using your mouse and hand and brains and... Etc...)

===>Then, go in your program file folder:  *if you don't use Steam, go straightly in DontStarve/data/scripts/prefabs/"nameofcharacter".lua
in this folder you have: waxwell.lua - wx78.lua - wilson.lua - wes.lua - wendy.lua - woodie.lua... Etc...lua...
                                                                   *if you use Steam, I don't know where is your DontStarve folder...

===>Then right click on the lua file of the character you want to play(if it is in a mod, go in the prefabs of the mod, and do it with the lua file of the character of the mod, then click on "Edit with Notepad++", or just open Notepad++ and click on Open, and search your "charactername".lua file, then you have some lua stuff.

===>So search the line with the health and hunger of your character you want to modify: it should look like this more or less

inst.components.health:SetMaxHealth(...) ...= number of health of the character, edit as you wish to cheat.
    inst.components.hunger:SetMax(...) ...= number of hunger of the character, edit as you wish to cheat.
    inst.components.hunger:SetRate(TUNING.WILSON_HUNGER_RATE * ...) ...= number that give to your character a hunger rate which is the one of wilson, multiplicated by "...", it can be 0.1, 0.001, or 10, 27, 89 etc... More it's big, more you get hungry fast obviously...
    inst.components.sanity.ignore = true ===> this make your sanity staying MAX, with it it can't get lower!
    inst.components.combat.damagemultiplier = ... => this give more strenght
    inst.components.combat.min_attack_period = ... => if lower than 1, make you hit faster I think.
    inst.components.locomotor.walkspeed = (TUNING.WILSON_WALK_SPEED * ...) ...= number that can make you walk faster if higher than 1
    inst.components.locomotor.runspeed = (TUNING.WILSON_RUN_SPEED * ...) ...= number that can make you run faster if higher than 1
    inst.components.sanity.neg_aura_mult = 0 => this is good to put to be sure that the sanity don't be decreased I think...
    inst.components.sanity.night_drain_mult = 0 => this is also good for the same reason I think...

If anybody not happy of my post, say it and I delete it straight away, just trying to help and get some help... Or a moderator delete it as he wish, who care...
But anyway, in world of modding, everybody say it depends of which games I guess, it's always to you to get your own hand dirty because nobody will get their own like that for you, etc, learn alone, do something, it's annoying, but it's not gonna change it seems, even if there's maybe "leecher" and many other thing I'm forgetting to speak about the good side of not helping others to understand easily...

So help for do some guns(not the drawings yet) for the coding lines would be appreciated, I guess it should need a new animation for the hands and arms too?

Archived