The Call of the Abyss

Silentdarkness1

'That.. Was a mistake on my behalf.. I made a mistake, I paid for it, I shouldn't have threatened Jack, heck I shouldn't have had my gun out in the first place, if I weren't such a fool, I wouldn't have had the panic attack in the first place, but I've learn my lesson and these forces whatever they are, must be dealt with, what if a child was pulled into this world, how many lives have been lost because of 'them'. I know back there, I was a mess, but I assure you, it won't happen again.'

Alex glances at the rest of the group, lingering on at Clare. 'I know some of these people may think I am a hindrance rather than any help, but I will make up for my previous behaviour, for threatening some of this group, Alex glances at Jack,' and for being a nuisance to others,' She looks over to Chris and Clare, she looks back at William, 'Please, just let me try, if I take another panic attack or threaten anyone else.' You can gladly abandon me without the fear of fuss or hassle.'

"I'm not going to abandon you. I'll be right alongside you, then. Thick and thin.....also....Alex....a child HAS been drawn into this place....that's the problem...worst of all, she's with....Them....I guess. That's why we were on the way to try and get her back."

"...I....was never a very....well.....I had a lot of trouble getting along with others my age when I was younger.....It's not that I was doing things wrong.....people...just.......j....just.....h...hated me.....I...I don't understand why..."

Tears welled up in Clarice's eyes. She had to stop for a moment and get her emotions back under some sort of control before continuing.

"At one point, I was getting....b..beaten up, every week.....I don't know....maybe they were jealous of me....I....if Chris wasn't there...I guess I wouldn't have made it, at all."

Alex looked at the girl, she felt her pain, 'My....My father, was a drinker, a heavy drinker, mother left when I was born, Father called me a mistake, I tried to escape through books, my only happiness, I found this weird book though called the 'Coded Umbra' or something like that when I was 5 or 6, that was when the voices began, telling me terrible, beautiful things, The arms came after that, father called the police on me of course, claiming I was a monster...

I...... I ....l....I killed him, right then and there, I saw the blood flow from the hole in his head, and you know what I did?' She looked Clarice straight in the eyes, 'I ran away, I lied to get myself through school and university, saying he died of alcohol abuse, the world hated me, Clarice, I understand why they did, I Was a monster, but you, have been nothing but kind to me since I got here, even when I threatened your friends, and for that, I thank Chris for saving you, I understand him now, I guess he was only being protective,' She gave Clarice a hug feeling the tears run down her back, she kept the tears in though not wanting to make it worse, a few escaped however and not before long she was crying also.

Clarice's eyes shot open in surprise. She silently hugged Alex back.

"That's...awful.....i'm sorry to hear that happened to you....I promise....I promise that me and Chris will help you...no matter what happens. Maybe we can even find a way out of here.."

'Of course, where exactly is Wendy being kept though?' 'I mean they could be any where, does William or Jack even know where she is, let alone if she is still alive?' Alex paused for a second, 'She is still alive though right, they wouldn't kill a child,....would they?'

Simon waved a cheerful greeting at the two as they returned. "Welcome back! Have a nice walk?" His eyes shone with innocence, and he was unable to detect much sadness coming from either of them.

Jack nodded, watching Alex and Clarice carefully. "Yes... Welcome back indeed."