gloryKAT

"Alright."

John nods his head towards Absol.

"Found this guy over there. I'm pretty sure he's nice, but he can't speak English."

He scratches his chin, thinking, and muttering to himself.

"Where to now..."

He looks up at Absol and Rainbow Scars.

"Are you two up for some danger?"

"Well, the swamps been overrun by... I ran out of names to call those things. But there are a bunch of beasts around there. There used to be a pig village there, but it was overrun in the Great Purge. If we could clear that area out, we might be able to find information on how to send you guys home."

He draws one of his shadow blades.

"But this time, it won't be as easy as a few spiders."

John takes a puff out of his cigar.

"Don't look at me like that. Times are tough, Rainbow. Don't expect someone to be impressed unless you actually deserve it."

He begins walking forward, gesturing at a sickly green swamp in the distance.

"See that? That's where we're heading."

"You want me to call you Scars?"

He shrugs.

"Whatever floats your boat. We can probably find something for you at the abandoned village."

He continues going forward, and they soon find themselves at the edge of the swamp. Inside there are feral screams, and a group of indistinguishable bird fly out of a tree, cawing loudly.

"Birds? You took down a queen but you're afraid of some birds?"

He scratches his chin again.

"That's probably for the best. People are stupid when they're fearless. Besides, everyone's afraid of something."

He takes a puff out of his cigar, and pats Scars on the shoulder to comfort her.

"You don't have to do this if you don't want to, you know."

Absol stares at the cigar and growls somewhat annoyed by the smell and puts his paw on his horn as he stared into the swamp. How many things are there! He steps in front of the two and growls. "You two are not going in that place! There is something big coming from it!" again all you can hear are many sounds and absols coming from him. I don't know if I can use any other move that would allow me to communicate with them like most rare or legendary pokemon, but I might be able to, just need to find a quick way.

"Oh, the wings. Well, I won't judge you now, if you don't judge me later down the line."

He looks at Absol stand between them and the swamp.

"Is something wrong? Are you scared? You don't have to go in there. Besides, things that are in there don't normally leave the swamp. So if you do get in danger, just leave. As long as you don't get caught, you'll survive. Probably."

John laughs back.

"What do you think this is, flowers and lollipop land? Doesn't matter what you do around here, there's always a good chance you're going to die."

He looks over at Absol again.

"I don't know a translation spell... We could dreamshare, but I doubt that would solve the problem. Any ideas?"

(Lol shard is nothing now. Oh well lol)

Shard grunts in frustration before raising her nose to the air and howling extremely loudly.

A huge black blur rushes past the group, right in front of them. It disappears into a group of trees.

Absol sighs and shakes his head, looking back into the swamp he glares at something that seems to be moving around in the ground. He turns back and pushed them away trying to think of a way to communicate with them. Suddenly and idea popped and you could see his eyes glowing somewhat blue. "Can you hear me now? I won't be able to do thing for long, or not many times. But you must listen, humans like you wouldn't survive long in that place! I can not let you go any further than this." It sounded like he was talking but his mouth wasn't moving, and it wasn't telepathy .

(Violet will be when Absol uses something to communicate with you two, boop and I'm late, run over here Shard, run!)

Edited by WhispNcat

John's eyes dart towards the moving object.

"Not so fast."

Out of his shadow emerge a large group of hands. Easily fifteen or twenty of them. However, they seem to only emit a shadow, not existing on the material plane. They immediately go after the blur. John redirects his attention to Absol.

"Oh, you can talk. Sort of. That's good."

He snorts, and takes another puff of his cigar.

"Humans like us? This is where all the freaks gather. We're not normal. And if you're so high and mighty, then why don't you tag along?"

He glances at Rainbow Scars.

"Whoops. Too late. I talked."

Edited by Blewcheese

(So no one noticed my late reply :3)

Shard sneaks through the bushes. She sees John and creeps over to him, keeping her wings hidden. She doesn't do a very good job, and a few feathers and flames are still visible.

Edited by gloryKAT