Don't Starve: The Survivors Challenge

Don't Starve: The Survivors Challenge

So you've clumped together your resources. Grass/berries/saplings trees all neatly together for easy access. Plentiful turbo farms to keep you occupied through the days while you replant seeds and stock up on manure. Silly dogs won't matter with all this armor i stocked up on. Do you consider yourself an average to advanced player? Feel safe in a dangerous world? How about a challenge of your skills...

Rules:

- No Planting: Cannot plant Pine cones, Grass tuft, Saplings, Berry bushes. The world is your oyster.

- Campfires Only: No re-lightable Fire Pits, Torches, Torch exploits, Firefly exploits.

- No Farm Plots: Cannot use regular/turbo farms. Hunt for your food. But you can use crock pots.

- No Hats: No Beekeepers, Football Helmets, Miners Hat. You can make any other hat you want.

- Spears Only: What do you need tentacle spikes for anyways?

- No Pig King: Get your gold tools from rocks.

- Full Inventory: No dropping items on the floor. What you pick up stays in your inventory/backpack/chest until used. Except for backpacks, accidentally grabbed plantable items, traps, graveyard treasure. You may store items in chests.

- No Trap Exploiting: Traps laid must be baited with seeds,carrots etc. Cannot stack them on top of rabbit holes. Rabbits must be hunted by baited traps, no AI pathing exploits. (Standing on holes and scaring them into you.)

- No Pan Flutes

- Death is a Death: If you die and revive from an amulet/meat effigy it still counts as your death.

- No Character Specials: Willows fire, abigails AOE slaughter, wolfgang in general.

- No Straw Rolls: Mandrake night skips are allowed as they are limited.

- No Pigmen Armys: No using pigmen to fight your battles for you.

- (Everything else is allowed)

ka3gph.png

How many days will you survive in a world like this? I bet you won't even make it 30!

Mini Goals(Optional fun):

Collect a max stack of any type of food

Collect all golden tools

Collect every unrestricted hat

Craft 3 Pig Houses

Craft 3 Bee Boxes

Cook 3-4 mandrakes

Grow an epic beard with wilson (The 4th stage.)

Slay a warepig, tallbird, swamp tentacle

Slay a fire hound

Defeat a group nests of spiders larger than 2

Challenges that might also interest you:

Captain patato's challenge.

Edited by Joyousterror

I agree. Having played it more its still pretty easy though it is more challenging. I'll add those :p Why the no killing gobblers?

Because that way, finding the berries will also be a challenge. It is survival of the fittest and the fastest.

Edited by Aerow

I like how you put "everything else is allowed" at the end of about 50 restrictions that limit your playstyle to "wander around until you die".

This list barely limits anything aside from the super easy/renewable tactics to survival. You could easily beat this if you know what you are doing. :p But i can't really make it harder until don't starve is harder. Did you try it? :p

This list barely limits anything aside from the super easy/renewable tactics to survival. You could easily beat this if you know what you are doing. :p But i can't really make it harder until don't starve is harder. Did you try it? :p

Check out my thread! I have a challenge going on too! http://http://forums.kleientertainment.com/showthread.php?3339-Don-t-Starve-for-Veterans-HARDCORE-Newcomers-beware

Very cool! The crafting limit was a great idea. I like the torches only/no tools/armor/farms part :p I linked your thread in the start of mine so if people see this and would like a different challenge.

Thanks!! I hope you are doing well with your challenge as well! :) I shall put yours as well

Good good, this game is about having FUN! If this is fun to u, go for it by all means! Me i just want to rid the world of spiders. Working on it. To each his own amirite ;)

ALtho i might try this later if i get really bored. Dont think so tho, update is very close.