[Archived] Original Mod Collaboration Thread

I just noticed this ghostly remnants of the atlas

Posted Image

I'm not quite sure how to get rid of them...Willette any ideas?

just try erasing these parts on the dark background

i tried to fix the previous version here

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thumbs up for variety! :grin:

As I told lifemare, just worry about what would benefit most the art and the mod. I'll take care of the coding magic. [:

Posted Image

so thaaat's why you asked me about it XD

Hmm, in the atlas file there is no trace left, but when I spawn the fish there are these transparent parts...it it becaue the built thinks there has to be something? Can't I just delete parts of the atlas to get them not showing up ingame?

can you show me the .png ?

usually the game shouldn't really care about these things, it just uses what it's given to... if something's missing it shouldn't be showing up.

can you show me the .png ?

usually the game shouldn't really care about these things, it just uses what it's given to... if something's missing it shouldn't be showing up.

That's what I'm thinking ^^

Posted Image

Then with the TEX Converter and copied in the game files....

Edited by MilleniumCount

It's perma winter up there, but this raises a question. Will skyflowers be replantable?

Will there be Skybutterflies or Skybees? Or should be take another course there?

And what about snow and rain? Since we are above the clouds there shouldn't be and also no lightning. Or are we on an interlayer between?

Posted Image

here, i guess it's fine now? you wight want to test it thought...

Posted Image

That is how it should look...but it doesn't work for me...

Edited by MilleniumCount

Will there be Skybutterflies or Skybees? Or should be take another course there?

And what about snow and rain? Since we are above the clouds there shouldn't be and also no lightning. Or are we on an interlayer between?

That is how it should look...but it doesn't work for me...

strange... what could be the case? 

I think @Willette will kill me for saying this, but don't the sheep and ram look a little beet too cartoony and "watercolor" like? (Yes i suck at art and i suck at explaining stuff i don't like about art :| ) I think @lifemare should try his hand at making them look more in the don't starve style as i like how the beanstalk and Lou came out!

On a side note here's a list of prefabs : http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Console/Prefab_List

okay then, considering how awesome the beanstalk looks maybe lifemare should come here and help us out!

and no, i will not kill you.

i promise!

Thank you so much! :D

But i worked on the beanstalk for several hours and had a lot of problems with it (still have a few to correct). You produced those Cloud Sheep almost instantaneously (have you used an identify scroll on your wacom by any chance? I think it may be an eldritch tablet of haste!!!).

I'd love to contribute my ideas to the creature design, but the Snailking is at a critical point where we may finally have a complete atlas ready for testing, and as much as it pains me not to be able to join this wonderful party you're having here right now, i'd hate to have to put it on hold.

I did have a very different picture in my head for the sheep, so there's a big part of me who'd really love to be able to breathe life into that picture. But that's the artist hunger, and i'm used to starving a bit ;) Hell, if i let that be the boss of me, i'd be remaking every picture i found on the net!

Besides, Luggs is happy with his sheep - i'm not gonna stand between a man and his furry fantasies! :-P

Posted Image

The other part of me is too busy to take any more assignments. And knows this is all alpha right now. And we can always come back to this later to redesign and make all the art styles from all the different artists look consistent. In fact, we will very likely HAVE to do that!

But i might be able to sketch some things, if i find the time for it today, and give them to you to adapt to your concept, Willette - if you like them. Otherwise, at this point, messing with each other's projects will just be counter-productive, i think. There's too much to be done yet.

• Like 4

I'd love to contribute my ideas to the creature design, but the Snailking is at a critical point where we may finally have a complete atlas ready for testing, and as much as it pains me not to be able to join this wonderful party you're having here right now, i'd hate to have to put it on hold.

Agreed. But after we get the snailking itself in a working state, feel free to switch into "Up and Away mode" for a while, getting back to things like the snailking's mound later.
  • Like 1

As @Craig_Perry said, I think the style we should be aiming for is not simply "Don't Starve". Instead, I think it should be "Don't Starve with a fairy tale twist". And the art so far is fitting into that marvelously well!

Maybe @lifemare could make some tweaks to the Ram to give it a stronger aggressive/"stormy" twist, but I don't think much is needed. And I think the sheep themselves are perfect as is.

I could try that. But... But beanstalk... magic beans... snailking............ spasms!

trippy raccoons... i can't think of a good prefab for them...

Yup. Same here. After i read the word Rainbowcoons i was really looking forward to doing some art for it, but unless you can attach a separate sprite (for the long tail) to another atlas (say, a hound), i really can't see them fitting anywhere...

This raises another question : what will the skyflowers be used for?As for the precipitation  i'm still unsure. As i said i'm get inspiration from Skypiea and the island there has different layers, though no sign of rain or snow apart from the bosses interference. An upper layer would mean a ruins counterpart later at some point...eh

i'm not gonna stand between a man and his furry fantasies! 

just that says everything XD

well you're right about actually collaborating on art, we need to throw in all the possible designs and see what happens!

we need to experiment! experimenting... science and stuff... 

you can just come when you have time and say what you don't like, add your own pictures and stuff... it's work in process after all, everything can change at any time!

• Like 1

Agreed. But after we get the snailking itself in a working state, feel free to switch into "Up and Away mode" for a while, getting back to things like the snailking's mound later.

ive left something in the snailking mode page, something like a suggestion

It's perma winter up there, but this raises a question. Will skyflowers be replantable?

I'd prefer to draw inspiration from _Q_'s flower mod and make them spread on their own. Making the world feel more dynamic is always nice by my book.
  • Like 1

i have been testing some... uhh... cloudbushes? anyway, everything combined looks... cute.

Posted Image

these sheep... so sleepy... hehehe.

i might download these cloud turf files now, to see what goes where >:3

I love the cloud-bushes!

Are they... growing candy-berries!?

HOW DO I OBTAIN THESE MAJESTIC SHRUBS!?

just that says everything XD

well you're right about actually collaborating on art, we need to throw in all the possible designs and see what happens!

we need to experiment! experimenting... science and stuff... 

you can just come when you have time and say what you don't like, add your own pictures and stuff... it's work in process after all, everything can change at any time!

What? What does it say? It's just common sense! lol

Good points there. I guess you're right. Might aswell make everything as best as possible right now. It's just i haven't been able to contribute much here and missed a lot of the action already. Can't really commit right now either, so i was hoping there'd be a second chance for that further down the road.

I love the cloud-bushes!

Are they... growing candy-berries!?

HOW DO I OBTAIN THESE MAJESTIC SHRUBS!?

...here you can have them

@lifemare Have a mega cake! well, you others can get some  too

Posted Image

Causze it's my birthday! Party! :grin:

On topic... @Willette, your flowers and bushes is looking really cool, and the fishes is looking really cool too, @MilleniumCount :-)

happy birthday!