[Archived] Original Mod Collaboration Thread

Making the sea clouds would be a bit disorienting, don't ya think? I don't really have any better ideas but that concerns me.

I agree. How about just replacing all the water sprites with a solid blue color and then add little islands of cloud terrain scattered through the sea/sky?

I agree. How about just replacing all the water sprites with a solid blue color and then add little islands of cloud terrain scattered through the sea/sky?

I'll have to check if that's possible (looking at how the Archipelago adventure map is generated would be a start), but I'm not sure that's viable... An open sky texture with tiny puffs of cloud would be much more straightforward to implement.

Skyflower quotes would be convenient, if anyone wants to give those a shot. Same for Datura. (The evil version of the skyflowers.)

If I Could be linked to their images, I'll take a crack at it. Are these the "mushroom" flowers or just flowers for the cloud world?

I'll have to check if that's possible (looking at how the Archipelago adventure map is generated would be a start), but I'm not sure that's viable... An open sky texture with tiny puffs of cloud would be much more straightforward to implement.

There's an anim build for a "boat_sunk". Could that be used?

EDIT:

Also, debugman18, you mentioned having a git(?) page where all this stuff is being added to. I'd like to get my hands on the latest updated mod to try a few things with Millenium's turfs. Is it available somewhere?

Edited by lifemare

Thank you.A bit of an artistic license. I could not stop imagining they smelled like what the person loved most. And hate, in the datura's case.Sky flowers quotesWilson: They smell of dreams.Willow: Mmm. Smells like ashes.Wendy: A pretty flower to bring brief pleasure. Smells like decay.Wolfgang: Pretty flower smells like beef.WX-78: YOUR TRICKS SHALL NOT WORK ON ME.Wickerbottom: Their pollen smells different to each person. For me, it is like a new book.Woodie: Ahh. Freshly fallen timber and pine needles.Maxwell: A memory from my more foolish days.Datura QuotesWilson: It smells of nightmares.Willow: The stupid thing smells like winter mint.Wendy: A flower to fuel hatred. Smells like a rose.Wolfgang: Smells like wimpy tears.WX-78: IT OVERLOADS MY SENSORS WITH LIFE.Wickerbottom: This one is designed to trigger a hate response. Smells like a burned book.Woodie: It smells of wet fur and old pine.Maxwell: It smells like innocence. Ripe for the taking. Edited by Luggs
  • Like 2

Okay so I thought about stars, would it be fun or even possible to add falling stars that can be picked up? And what could they be used for if so...

Will there be birds up in the sky? If so - the good old ones, or some fancy new ones? Maybe even a bigger bird as a mob to kill that have special drops? Though, maybe the 'Duckraptors' is the only 'bird' mob you want to add.

And also, you could add a cotton bed for sweet dreams. Made of cotton, rope and logs/planks. Acts like a tent or sleeping roll. May have more or less the same amount of uses as a tent (?).

So, my ideas for today! Soon time for bed again! :-)

And also... @Luggs You're really good at writing those quotes! :D

There's an anim build for a "boat_sunk". Could that be used?

EDIT:

Also, debugman18, you mentioned having a git(?) page where all this stuff is being added to. I'd like to get my hands on the latest updated mod to try a few things with Millenium's turfs. Is it available somewhere?

Check the OP.

Edit: The turf stuff is a test mod from simplex. I'll push the turf images to git for you.

Edited by debugman18
  • Like 1

The git repository is at https://github.com/debugman18/UpAndAway. You can download the whole repository as a zip using the link https://github.com/debugman18/UpAndAway/archive/master.zip. This link is "self-updating", reflecting the current state of the mod, giving you the latest version of it.If you'd like, you can also use GitHub for Windows, which would allow you to "push" contributions to the mod's repository directly. Also, using it to sync the mod to its latest development version is much faster than redownloading everything as a zip, since it'll smartly just transfer the changes in the files.
  • Like 2

No, it wasn't. However, I'm not sure if we want to use the tallbird as a base.

Fair enough. Just crossed my mind and I thought it might be interesting that way, and perhaps make it easier to code something along the lines of the hatching mechanic, if something like that is on the table at all.

Fair enough. Just crossed my mind and I thought it might be interesting that way, and perhaps make it easier to code something along the lines of the hatching mechanic, if something like that is on the table at all.

The egg-laying animation would be handy. How did you picture Duckraptors, @debugman18?

Sorry @Luggs. "You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day".I guess the new forums were not designed with the massiveness of this thread in mind.

Glad you like the quotes. A day limit is better than the "spread the love".

Sorry @Luggs. "You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day".I guess the new forums were not designed with the massiveness of this thread in mind.

This is one the largest threads in the entire Don't Starve forums, with the only ones larger being some art threads, if I'm not mistaken.

The egg-laying animation would be handy. How did you picture Duckraptors, @debugman18?

Like a walking platypus. Not sure what base we could use.

Hey. Just a random thought for an item. A talking golden harp. For some reason, I recall the harp in the beanstalk story being alive. Not sure what'd she do. Maybe she warns you about the static phases when equipped and used.

I imagine the duckraptor would resemble this, by some random artist:

If you're not opposed to it standing more upright, the clockwork knight might be a good option, since it has the long face that could give proper dimension to the bill. Krampus too maybe, if it's possible to leave out his arm, but that would also probably call for a more upright position. 

Simplex, earlier you mentioned being able to scale the beefalo. Is that possible for all creatures, or is it specific to the beefalo model because of their life cycle?

Check the OP.

Edit: The turf stuff is a test mod from simplex. I'll push the turf images to git for you.

Thank you. I'm thinking of having a little fun with the rock clouds Willette is working on. I don't think they connect very well with MilleniumCount's poopturf, do they? I'd like to see them drawn in the same style as the turf... just to satisfy my curiosity.

After i do the magic beans of course.

The git repository is at https://github.com/debugman18/UpAndAway. You can download the whole repository as a zip using the link https://github.com/debugman18/UpAndAway/archive/master.zip. This link is "self-updating", reflecting the current state of the mod, giving you the latest version of it.If you'd like, you can also use GitHub for Windows, which would allow you to "push" contributions to the mod's repository directly. Also, using it to sync the mod to its latest development version is much faster than redownloading everything as a zip, since it'll smartly just transfer the changes in the files.

Nice! Installed.

Just commited latest beanstalk. It's not perfect. But it's as good as the design i chose allows. I'll send a simpler one later with just a solid green color instead of the gritty texture, which is the only way i can think of to make the wiggling beanstalk motion look less choppy.

EDIT:

Files failed to sync, debugman18. I guess you need to add me as a contributor?

Edited by lifemare

If you're not opposed to it standing more upright, the clockwork knight might be a good option, since it has the long face that could give proper dimension to the bill. Krampus too maybe, if it's possible to leave out his arm, but that would also probably call for a more upright position. 

Simplex, earlier you mentioned being able to scale the beefalo. Is that possible for all creatures, or is it specific to the beefalo model because of their life cycle?

I think it's possible to scale anything, on a technical level... it's just that scaling it might distort the texture, and make it look bad.

However, if I'm right (which I could very well not be) the atlas reads the section of the image by a sort of percentage... meaning I think as long as you keep the dimensions proportional, and a power of 2, the atlas will still read the image as normal, without any problems.

But, uh... someone should probably verify this, because I'm not certain.