[Archived] Original Mod Collaboration Thread

What about using the tallbirds, and making the raccoons bounce instead of run around? Borrowed your color scheme for this sketch Willette, hope that's alright!

Posted Image

I have mixed feelings about that. Bouncing would work with the smallbird not the tallbird. Has anyone tried the monkeys?

P.S.

@Rabbitfist. Seriously i'm getting tired of your ****. Either put the images on spoiler tags or mention the author instead of quoting. I'ts tedious to scroll down the same image just to read your on-line response.

Edited by TeoSS69

So some things have been implemented:

Posted Image

Idea: what if we made skyflies not have fixed positions in the world, but spawn (and then despawn, after some time) from skyflowers, much like butterflies do? (replacing the butterfly spawn)

I think that makes sense. They could be what pollinates the skyflowers.

I think that makes sense. They could be what pollinates the skyflowers.

Exactly!

So some things have been implemented:

:grin:Damn, I'm itching to jump back into coding things for this mod. I should be available for that in a few days.

Is it me or are those sheeps too big? Used the mature Beefalo model after all?

It's just that the game always downscales the baby_beefalo build. The scaling in each direction is 50% for baby, 70% for toddler and 90% for teen. We can just choose whatever scaling value best fits into our conception of it (which can be an arbitrary value, not necessarily among those).

The monkeys will be fun to work with...oh my ^^

Posted Image
wat. Edited by simplex

They, they smile? D:Obviously some things will have to be cut out. Like ears for instance, and opposable thumbs... Can that be done?

It's just that the game always downscales the baby_beefalo build. The scaling in each direction is 50% for baby, 70% for toddler and 90% for teen. We can just choose whatever scaling value best fits into our conception of it (which can be an arbitrary value, not necessarily among those).

Oh, no problems then.

Thank you Wilbur!!! This Winter is going to be a piece of cake!

Happy birthday dude!!

DON'T LET IT FOOL YOU WILSON!  THAT CAKE IS A LIE!

Anyway, I'm still thinking up character ideas.  I am also...er...composing music for the cloud level.  I'll let you know when I make progress.  

• Like 3

DON'T LET IT FOOL YOU WILSON!  THAT CAKE IS A LIE! Anyway, I'm still thinking up character ideas.  I am also...er...composing music for the cloud level.  I'll let you know when I make progress.

Well, we can't add sounds to the game yet. Are you really up to compose it and just let it sit until Klei adds such support?

Posted Image

Well, that must be on of the bigger atlas in the game (no?), though it will probably look fantastic when it's finished!

Thank you Wilbur!!! This Winter is going to be a piece of cake!

Posted Image

Happy birthday dude!!

Oh my! I don't I should feel happy or sad for Wilson! :livid:

Anyway, thanks! :-)

Edited by Wilbur

I have mixed feelings about that. Bouncing would work with the smallbird not the tallbird. Has anyone tried the monkeys?P.S.@Rabbitfist. Seriously i'm getting tired of your ****. Either put the images on spoiler tags or mention the author instead of quoting. I'ts tedious to scroll down the same image just to read your on-line response.

are you happy if i don't quote the pictures?

It is all about getting color in your life!

Posted Image

Ok, tomorrow I will see if I can provide you with an ingame test picture. But for now I'm getting a little bit tired so I will make a break for today.

We're definitely get somewhere...somewhere Up and away ^^

Can't wait to see the end result of that.

What do you guys think of this scale?

Posted Image

• Like 3

It is all about getting color in your life!

Posted Image

Ok, tomorrow I will see if I can provide you with an ingame test picture. But for now I'm getting a little bit tired so I will make a break for today.

We're definitely get somewhere...somewhere Up and away ^^

I love it :grin: Thanks to all the artists and coders for the hard work. You guys are doing a great job :grin:

Can't wait to see the end result of that.

What do you guys think of this scale?

Posted Image
Yep seems right. Looking good so far. The black abyss really makes it look like it's night time O.o
  • Like 1

I love it :grin: Thanks to all the artists and coders for the hard work. You guys are doing a great job :grin: Yep seems right. Looking good so far. The black abyss really makes it look like it's night time O.o

Don't worry, it will be replaced with clouds at some point.