[Archived] Original Mod Collaboration Thread

Uh just use godmode and skip to day 28?Btw to make it look more cloudy up there, in addition to the fog, we can add cloud "boulders" so it will seem like we're walking on clouds and not just  a flat piece of land. They won't be minable or anything just be there for looks. Although they'd have to be wider than current boulders to make it look realistic.

good idea, reminds me of the *sniff* cave walls (i really miss them)

well, i tried. it looks... umm... pointier now?... also fixed the colors a bit. is it okay still to blue-ish?

Posted Image

It looks pointier. (:

Maybe make it a bit more grey, but I like it having a blueish hue. It's meant to resemble a stormy cloud (which is grey), but some blue does say "rain".

I get only rain...(says Wilson)

Posted Image

Damn, I have to leave now and I'll be without access to DS for a few days. I hope someone else will be able to help with those things. :/

(I'll probably be around to some extent and be able to help some by code inspection, but I'll be in limited capacity)

I will try it for sure!

I get only rain...(says Wilson)

Posted Image

this is a very cloudy turf you got here~ 

looks nice and fluffy!

will there be something "growing" on the clouds? probably tips of the beanstalk, but still, anything else? just interested :3

this is a very cloudy turf you got here~ looks nice and fluffy!will there be something "growing" on the clouds? probably tips of the beanstalk, but still, anything else? just interested :3

There will be skyflowers! But I think that's all we have for now. (suggestions are welcome!)Though I don't think anyone had mentioned beanstalk tips. It makes so much sense, and adds so much to the overall tone. Good call.

There will be skyflowers! But I think that's all we have for now. (suggestions are welcome!)Though I don't think anyone had mentioned beanstalk tips. It makes so much sense, and adds so much to the overall tone. Good call.

we could re-texture this hook like stalagmite form for the tips

There will be skyflowers! But I think that's all we have for now. (suggestions are welcome!)

Though I don't think anyone had mentioned beanstalk tips. It makes so much sense, and adds so much to the overall tone. Good call.

yeah, could be just baby tentacles or the usual ones or something... or just screw around with the existing one. or make the trees do the job... all the possibilities XD 

skyflowers, yaaaay, that'd be cool XD

something like this?

Posted Image

• Like 3

Something like this? It is called noise_poop2 ...ha

Just started to make it cloudier...

For comparison, this is the one I used

Good! One more thing, the edges of the turf shouldn't be pointy D: One type of turf that has round borders that comes to mind is the savanna turf. Can someone confrim?@simplex can we give the illusion of elevated terrain by zooming in when walking in it and locking the camera?

Edited by TeoSS69

Yeah, how about cotton plants, they already look like little cloudballs. We could have cloudcotton clothes and such!

Good! One more thing, the edges of the turf shouldn't be pointy D: One type of turf that has round borders that comes to mind is the savanna turf. Can someone confrim?

@simplex can we give the illusion of elevated terrain by zooming in when walking in it and locking the camera?

Hmmmm...

Posted Image
Edited by MilleniumCount
  • Like 1

Yeah, how about cotton plants, they already look like little cloudballs. We could have cloudcotton clothes and such!

Cloudcotton clothes! This is really starting to get interesting! :emmersed:

What will the sheep (or what you will call them) drop?

Edited by Wilbur

cloudcotton may be the new silk XD

Posted Image

Hmmmm...

Posted Image

so... it does have round edges? adding that cloudy puff to it would make it look perfect!... maybe...

Edited by Willette
  • Like 2

yeah, could be just baby tentacles or the usual ones or something... or just screw around with the existing one. or make the trees do the job... all the possibilities XD 

skyflowers, yaaaay, that'd be cool XD

something like this?

Posted Image

Golly those are pretty! Very nicely done!

(On another note, my gosh this thread moves fast. o_o)

Collaborations like this always move really fast.  Remember the Supermod?

The trick is to keep the momentum and the overflow of creativity alive!

Here is a first alpha preview of the Poopcloud Turf. By the way, is it possible to get the first level of zoom clouds permanent up there? 

Posted Image

Posted Image

We also could use ponds for holes in the ground and to catch some Skyfish.

Edited by MilleniumCount
  • Like 3

Well i'd much prefer the mist. It's gonna get bright up there and the 1st lvl of clouds would obscure the fine details our artists put in the textures. Right?I don't know about plants but i have mob ideas.The hunchback recruitable mob : Polar Bearmen.  Albino bears living in the clouds and feeding on sky fish. They spawn from cloud igloos and drop meat, or bear pelt when killed.Rainbowcoons : Rainbow racoons that steal food from you. They descend on the normal world after the beanstalk grows.Sky fish : fish that spawns inside the cloud river. Sometimes jumps above the watery clouds. The cloud river can be fished for said fish and they later can be used to recruit the bears.Also a crab and octopus mob?

The trick is to keep the momentum and the overflow of creativity alive!

Here is a first alpha preview of the Poopcloud Turf. By the way, is it possible to get the first level of zoom clouds permanent up there? 

Posted Image

Posted Image

We also could use ponds for holes in the ground and to catch some Skyfish.

That looks just about right, to me! Not too 'busy' and distracting, but still looks fluffy and cloudy. I like! ^^

Damn, this thread is completely full of awesome.About plants, maybe there could be a "sunflower", that would constantly accumulate sun, making skyflowers grow all around it... And, if it had accumulated enough, hiding into the ground as soon as player or mob gets too close, leaving behind a fiery explosion that would light everything on fire? And it would lure players in with warmth and light, while having a certain chance to spawn another, small one instead of a skyflower?

Edited by GTG3000