Charcoal Issue?

Okay, so I used to get my charcoal by putting a campfire up against a few trees but now... with the spacing I can't seem to get a fire close enough to burn the trees down and make the charcoal. Has anybody else had this problem or knows how to fix this problem?

This is a result of the latest hotfix that changed the spacing between structures.

You can use a torch to light it on fire instead. Hold the torch with your mousepointer and cklick the tree to watch it burn. Maybe there is a keyboard shortcut for this? Try, ctrl or shift. might work.

Not to mention if u fuel the fire till it is as wilson says "getting out of hand" or wolfgang "is too much fire", that increases the likelyhood of nearby trees catching on fire, at a larger distance than with a normal fire.

Note that this might not work with a Fire pit since it contains a fire more effectively. For best results, make a Campfire and fuel the heck out of it, like NeedPants suggested. Of course, I'd say the twig and grass you need to make a torch is going to be more "cost effective" than dumping enough fuel onto a campfire to get it to the "out of hand" stage, but it is your call.

Use it like a drag-and-drop. That's what I did. Click on the torch so it's held by your mouse pointer and then use it that way on the tree. It should have a "light" command when you mouse over something flammable.

- - - Updated - - -

Use it like a drag-and-drop. That's what I did. Click on the torch so it's held by your mouse pointer and then use it that way on the tree. It should have a "light" command when you mouse over something flammable.

That's a good trick I didn't knew about. I'm gonna add it to the controls thread :)