TESTING THIS------ Handsome Matt's Tools!

Just a note:  This is, in now way, shape or form, tehMugwump.  Serious forum glitch that says I started this thread, but I dinn't...

Hey you starving children! It doesn't seem like there's a big masterpost for cosplay yet so I FEEL THE DESIRE TO START ONE... MAINLY BECAUSE I JUST TOOK SOME PICS OF MY COSPLAY BUT HEY. SO! If you've ever cosplayed from the great canon that is Don't Starve FEEL FREE TO SUBMIT YOUR PHOTOS HERE!! It'd be great to have a gallery of photos here don't you think??? 8) I also think it'd be cool to have discussion on how to make certain props, work in progress pieces, etc! I'd really just love to see this fandom take off and have a few cosplayers at cons to REPRESENT B) holla I've seen a few cosplays out there already and have compiled some photos SO I'LL POST THEM HERE and leave credit where credit is due, of course On that note~ post-76428-13764598149374_thumb.jpg post-76428-13764598149548_thumb.gif post-76428-13764598149915_thumb.gif there's mine! BUT PLEASE POST SOME OF YOUR OWN! And ask questions and work on things and be beautiful!!! uvu i may post some work in progress shots of mine later BUT YEAH!!

post-76428-13764598149172_thumb.jpg

Ah, I'm glad I saw this tread, I was about to make one myself for a little helpSo my friend has been begging me to cosplay with her, and I figured I'd give it a shot as Wilson. With gel and black dye, I can get my hair a lot like Wilson's, so that's done. I have a white shirt that fits, check. The pants and shoes I have as well, so that's good too. Now I have till the 31st to get a red waistcoat like Wilson's. I've looked online, and found some nice ones, but they're all black in the back. I could try and make one, but a lot of my attempts at making costumes have me saying 'eh, good enough' and then not liking it. I don't even know how hard it would be to make a waist coat like that. So, what do you all think? Should I go with the nice vest that I can buy, and just pretend the back isn't black, or attempt to make one? Or does anyone know a good site that might have a better vest? ThanksHere's the vest I was looking into getting:http://www.amazon.com/NeckTie-Burgundy-Striped-Vertical-Stripes/dp/B001OMILMM/ref=sr_1_12?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1376194792&sr=1-12Buy the way, awesome cosplays :D Love those buttons

I don't think any amount of gel or spray would hold my hair in place to be Wilson...

When I was a kid at school some guy with long hair laid down on a table with his head hanging down over the edge, another classmate brought a can of hairspray. She then sprayed the whole can in his hair and when he got up-

Posted Image

Hilarity ensued when our teacher entered the classroom.

When I was a kid at school some guy with long hair laid down on a table with his head hanging down over the edge, another classmate brought a can of hairspray. She then sprayed the whole can in his hair and when he got up-

Posted Image

Hilarity ensued when our teacher entered the classroom.

Once again, you underestimate my hair. I can do anything to it and it falls back into place. My hair is really thick and fluffy. Don't believe me, this is my latest picture. It has a mind of it's own.
Posted Image

Ah, I'm glad I saw this tread, I was about to make one myself for a little help...

[MENTION=76428]deerlet[/MENTION], where does one acquire such a wonderful vest? Sserin needs it. :p

[MENTION=59983]Sserin[/MENTION] Unfortunately, I made my own vest from scratch! It wasn't very difficult, but I've been sewing things for a long time. If you buy one, you can then go out and buy some fabric paint at a local fabric/craft store and then make stripes on the back with tape and then paint! That's how I did the black stripes on mine.If you DO have the time to sew your own though, I'm sure you could find a pattern at a fabric store. I made mine to fit my body personally, so it wouldn't work for other people u-uhttp://www.amazon.com/Dress-NeckTie-Color-Tuxedo-Large/dp/B000JJLHPY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376204702&sr=8-1&keywords=red+vestI'd buy a plain red vest or a plain black vest (easier to find) and then I would paint or sew the stripes on separately. That is my advice to you!

Once again, you underestimate my hair. I can do anything to it and it falls back into place. My hair is really thick and fluffy. Don't believe me, this is my latest picture. It has a mind of it's own.

Getting a wig is the first step to any cosplay. I am a firm believer in the divinity of wigs and how you should never use your real hair ever even if it's the same color /)(\ that's just my taste!However, these guys are right, you get some cement hairspray from a hair styling supply company and your hair will stick the heck up!!! BUT SERIOUSLY... JUST GET A WIG.... they're like 20-35$ from the right place and then you never have to style it again after you do it the first time!! SO MUCH MORE CONVENIENT, BETTER LOOKING, and cleaner!

Why is no one talking about the buttons.

That is such a clever idea! It's a fantastic cosplay, but the buttons are the icing on the cake.

Or they would be. If we had icing. Or a cake. We are starving, after all. :\

*v* I'm glad you like the idea so much, hehe. I thought I was being pretty sneaky with the button idea too! :D thank

*v* I'm glad you like the idea so much, hehe. I thought I was being pretty sneaky with the button idea too! :D thank

Yeah, sneaky like a fox. Well, foxes are sneaky, yeah, but I meant "like a fox" as in "clever"....... I should really think through these things before I say them. -_-'

Sneaky like a clever fox.

Yeah, sneaky like a fox. Well, foxes are sneaky, yeah, but I meant "like a fox" as in "clever"....... I should really think through these things before I say them. -_-'

sneaky like a clever deer i think you mean uvu(\ heh

I have no ideer what you mean. :3

amazing

fine that you all make your cosplays, but:WHY I SEE ONLY COSPLAYS OF WILSON IN THE FORUM?WHATS WITH WOLFGANG AND THE OTHERS?

I FEEL THE SAME WAY.. . .. I think it's because a lot of people are wearing their costumes to conventions and stuff and wilson is the most recognizable BUT STILL....(we need to find some really buff guys to cosplay wolfgang)