A Day with Wilson

Hey everyone! The other day, I got to thinking- one month of Summer Vacation (at least for those of us who are still in school) is already gone and done. But not everyone gets the chance to enjoy relaxing during the summer and especially not Wilson and the rest of our favorite cast stuck in Don't Starve.

After all, with Maxwell sending his Hounds after him along with who knows what else, I think it's high time that us fans do something about it. So (in an unspecified manner) I was able to pluck our favorite scientist right out of the game to enjoy a bit of R&R in my hometown city of Cincinnati.

But why should I keep Wilson to myself? I'm sure everyone else would love to spend some time with the Gentleman Scientist, so feel free to find your own way to pick him up out of the game.

Rules for A Day with Wilson

1.) Anyone can take part, so long as you can take pictures!

2.) It doesn't just have to be Wilson, it can be any character from the game

3.) Careful when picking him up out of the game! He could be in any sort of mood, even a little crazy!

4.) No faking or photoshopping a Day with Wilson. I can tell if it's photoshopped by the pixels. ( Kidding, of course. Photoshop and any program is welcome, it's just more fun to act like it's the real thing. ;P )

5.) Your day ends when it gets dark! That's when Maxwell can figure out where he went to!

6.) Maxwell's a crafty one, he's made it so that Wilson can't be retrieved by the same person twice in a row! He has to have a day with someone else first.

Ghostly's Day with Wilson

Posted Image

Perhaps it wasn't the nicest day to have a walk around Cincinnati, it was cloudy and rained now and again, but Wilson didn't seem to mind. I think he was just happy that there wasn't anything trying to kill him for once. So, we started out our day at Fountain Square.

Posted Image

"Wilson, I don't think you should sit there..."

"Miss, I am perfectly capable of sitting on my own, honestly. It might be a little damp but it truly is no bot-"

"Wilson! Be careful!"

"Woaahh!"

"WILSON.

NO.

WILSON.

STAHP."

Posted Image

*SPLASH* "Gurglesdffglk"

Posted Image

After Wilson's little slip, I could tell that he wasn't too happy...

"...You keep turning towards me, so I'd just rather you say it and get it over with."

"What?"

"You keep looking at me! Just speak your mind!"

"Oh... how does your hair stay like that when it's wet?"

"....I was expecting an 'I told you so'."

But before he could relay the secrets of his amazing hair to me, the crosswalk sign had turned and we had to run across to avoid traffic.

Posted Image

Walking around the city wet is no fun, so we decided to take a break near one of Cincinnati's older bridges and a well known landmark. It's pretty windy over the river, especially at this time of year, so he managed to dry himself off pretty well.

But by now, our day was coming to a close, so we sprinted on over to the Cincinnati Art Museum to visit my favorite mummy and get a dose of culture and refinement before Maxwell found Wilson again.

Posted Image

"The Ancient Egyptians were quite fascinating weren't they? The greatest scientists of their time. Did you know that they performed the first brain surgery? And the first open heart surgery?"

We had to go through the museum quickly before night fell, and a lot of the exhibits didn't allow photography. Maxwell's taken him back now, but maybe someone else can take him from Maxwell?

Edited by Ghostly
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Cincinati is awesome! Plus, I wish I could do this! Wendy and I would have so much fun! But I don't know how to edit like this either. I can only use photoshop...

Photoshop is totally welcome, it was just a bit of a joke on my part. (Because of course the thing is photoshopped, it's just more fun to act as if it's the real thing).

And do you upload right from your tablet? Because my iPod wont let me upload pictures.

Oh, no, not that kind of tablet. It's an artist's tablet, not like the stuff from Apple or anything. I took the photos on my camera, put the SD card in my laptop, uploaded the pictures to my computer, plugged my artist's tablet in, brought up the files on Photoshop, drew on them using my tablet, and then saved the edited effects.

We spent a lovely day in downtown Salt Lake City.When he first showed up, Wilson was acting...odd.post-58987-13764597705255_thumb.jpg"What do you do with a dead scientist? You Barium! Haha...a little uncouth, but it works.""Who are you talking to?""I haven't the slightest idea.""Maybe we should visit the flower gardens. You could use some relaxing.""Did you say flowers? Show me where the garden is!"post-58987-13764597705987_thumb.jpg"Quickly now, to the flowers!""Wilson! You can't cross yet...oh nevermind."post-58987-13764597706598_thumb.jpg"I've never been happier to see flowers."After Wilson picked some flowers, he started feeling better. Now that his mind was less scrambeled, we decided to take a walk around town.post-58987-13764597733904_thumb.jpg"What is that beast looking at?""He just likes your flowers."Maybe his brain was still a little scrambled.post-58987-13764597734526_thumb.jpgBy the end of the day, Wilson was thoroughly enjoying himself. We met up with a band that needed a muted trumpet player. Surprisingly, Wilson had one on hand. They actually sounded pretty good.Best day ever!

• Like 1

I am seriously happy to see others picking up on my idea. ;w; Please, continue, I shall watch from afar.*Hides in some nearby bushes*(Oh, and as a side note, I've seen some people commenting about how they don't have a camera/programs to draw on photos with. Feel free to post hand drawn pictures as well if that's your only option!)

Rinn Kruskov's day with Wilson

I went to Goa Cina [goa ceena] (literal translation: Chinese Cave) in Southern East Java, Indonesia. The beach was quite pristine with occasional plastic trash and driftwood all over the place. Oh and also smoke butts. Locals are crazy on smoking.

I used few unmentionable ingredients to summon Wilson.

post-52587-13764598136251_thumb.jpg

He appeared with tired looking eyes. Apparently he had been doing all-nighter again.

"Hmm, so it's a beach this time" he said in annoyed monotone.

"Left science brewing?" I asked, "Or you simply bored of wilderness?"

"The first. Now would you kindly tell me what is of significance in this place?"

"Legend said that in one of the small islet, a Chinese hermit stayed inside the cave and somehow disappeared. It's called Goa Cina ever since. Let's see what happens when we went inside later..."

"What of those islets? Suppose those islets originally connected to the mainland but abrasion over time made.."

"Uhh... I'd love to show you around, but the islands are off limits. Unless you're willing to fight the waves"

"What wave? It's quite cal--"

"WATCH OUT!!!"

post-52587-13764598136819_thumb.jpg

I warned Wilson to stay away from the water, but alas it was too late. Huge wave swarmed over him and dragged him to and fro along the sandy beach. He managed to get ahold of huge piece of rock and clung to it as if it meant his life. Well it was.

"STOP...TAKING...PICTURE...AND HELP...!!!"

(ps: the picture didn't show it but it was a real huge wave)

post-52587-13764598137187_thumb.jpg

"It would be better if you summoned me somewhere safer next time" Wilson commented after mother nature finished making fun of him.

I shrugged. "Well, the seas around this part is unpredictable. One minute it's calm another it's...well you get my point. Also, the local said that this southern part of the seas is ruled by A Sea Queen"

Wilson was intrigued, "Hmm...eastern version of Poseidon, interesting"

post-52587-13764598137612_thumb.jpg

After Wilson dried himself good, we went into the cavern. It was small yet there were a lot of passages. In order to enter the larger cavern we had to squeeze in 'bunny hole'. I'd show you the pictures but any shot I took inside the cave 'burned' along with my camera's memory card. The rest came from my spare.

The hands? That must be Maxwell. MAXWELL!!!!!

post-52587-13764598137971_thumb.jpg

Lastly we went to nearby fishermen village, we were in market for freshly caught fish. Wilson is certainly tired of his meat and carrot diet. A fisherman's daughter was sorting out sea urchin and Wilson ... being a gentleman he is, he helped the girl only to get pricked.

"YEAOUCH!!!!"

That was quite a day. Maxwell has claimed Wilson once again, will anyone be kind enough to summon him?

• Like 1