Solid item walls and the dogs that hopefully won't limit highscores.

With the update just around the corner. A lot of us are anxious to see just how tough dogs are going to be. Are we going to be coded into an overwhelmed early grave or will their be a way to survive for as long as we can?

So how are you preparing for possible doom? >=D

(Wood logs are where bee mines are going. The unburnt tree is the gate in and out. It's impossible to get out or in otherwise.)

qrdgn4.jpg

Edited by Joyousterror

I have fortified my campsite with burned down treewalls, so even after they start regrowing as normal trees, they can't catch fire again. however, the walls are not unpenetratable, I have certain spots where I can pass through them at will. The area I closed in is a bit wider than my actual camp. I don't know if this will allowd hounds to spawn inside my campsite or not, but if it does, and escape hatch is always close by. besides that, I have 8 amuletts, an effigy, lots of food, lot's of wood, imprisoned pigs that I can let loose if I so desire, and most importantly, I don't care if I die, since starting all over again always is fun too!

With the update just around the corner. A lot of us are anxious to see just how tough dogs are going to be. Are we going to be coded into an overwhelmed early grave or will their be a way to survive for as long as we can?

So how are you preparing for possible doom? >=D

(Wood logs are where bee mines are going. The unburnt tree is the gate in and out. It's impossible to get out or in otherwise.)

qrdgn4.jpg

that is hilarious, as long as you have lots of food.

I was thinking maybe a double-wall of burnt trees with an area inside large enough for a firepit and an entrance blocked by a chest (just keep a hammer with you when you want to exit, and rebuild the chest later). That plus log suits, spears, and the new blow darts... then maybe it would be worth using to test against the coming of the hounds.

In fact... why not create "walls of chests"?

I don't know if this will allowd hounds to spawn inside my campsite or not, but if it does, and escape hatch is always close by. besides that, I have 8 amuletts, an effigy, lots of food, lot's of wood, imprisoned pigs that I can let loose if I so desire, and most importantly, I don't care if I die, since starting all over again always is fun too!

Wow you have a lot more pine cones/materials than me :o I'd like to see a snapshot of that it sounds legit. Also I'm guessing dogs are forced to spawn in a "cone of vision" around you. If not a little bit further away to avoid spawning right on top of you. I assume they won't be able to spawn inside your camp. I'm cool with dying and trying out the new content, i'll wipe my save file and unlock everything over again.

that is hilarious, as long as you have lots of food.

Haha thank you XD. I've stocked up on stacks of food and torches :D

lot's of food won't do him any good in there as Soon as night comes though.

Torches :D then return to main base when the coast is clear.

I was thinking maybe a double-wall of burnt trees with an area inside large enough for a firepit. In fact... why not create "walls of chests"?

Genius, I always wanted to store my food in the walls. I'm curious about the dart idea as well. Think it's worth stacking up on stingers? If you get your chest walls done i'd like to see :D

It almost feels like preparing for a war. I have 3 amulets and 4 effigies, also 5 logsuits and a few spiked tentacles. Last step are some walls.

The time of woofing is upon us. We must be pawpared. (sorry.) Thanks for reminder, I really need to gather spiked tentacles.

Edited by Joyousterror

Off Topic: What are amulets for? You guys have been mentioning that you have it along with meat effigies but what is it for? I mean, how will it help you for survival?

Amulets were one of several random, but useless, items that you could dig-up from a grave. Its original purpose was as fodder for the science machine (i.e. lots of research points). With the next update however all amulets will now resurrect your character on death.

Edited by mobius187

OMG. I had a lot of them! :( I used them up. :(

Looks like you'll need Plan B then... create Meat Effigies. If you're not currently using Wilson then you had better research/craft a Tent, switch to him in it, and then grow his beard fast (i.e. before tomorrow). After you have his beard clippings then you can switch characters again.

I was under the impression we needed to spawn new worlds before new stuff started?

Nah, there is no need to thankfully. ^.^ They will update the game and it updates the saves, expect your items to be around you dropped and the same goes for chests... just some advice.

They talked about this before, but I don't remember the thread.