oh god oh god what just happened

Was it winter? Maybe you heard a deerclops. If not, you're probably being stalked by pelontrix.

I saw the pelontrix once... it bribed me never to speak of it's existance... so, like a normal person, I accepted the bribe! It said if I ever told anyone, it'd come to my house and gut me with- hold on a second, someone's knocking at my door...
  • Like 1

@Myco: No, and the sound was way different from the Deerclops. [MENTION=56709]Osprey[/MENTION]: No, the Pelontrix sounds like a laser, plus this was in the middle of the day and I hadn't mined any rocks for at least 10 days. [MENTION=54380]Dave[/MENTION]r: Couldn't have been, the sound wasn't just the hound bark sound made louder, it was like an entirely new sound.

@Myco: No, and the sound was way different from the Deerclops. [MENTION=56709]Osprey[/MENTION]: No, the Pelontrix sounds like a laser, plus this was in the middle of the day and I hadn't mined any rocks for at least 10 days. [MENTION=54380]Dave[/MENTION]r: Couldn't have been, the sound wasn't just the hound bark sound made louder, it was like an entirely new sound.

Well, I believe the krampus actually makes a fairly loud snarl before he attacks. Have you been naughty or nice?

[MENTION=56709]Osprey[/MENTION]: I went on a pig-killing raid a few days ago, but that's all I can think of. And there was no Krampus. [MENTION=54380]Dave[/MENTION]r: If you find anything, can you post it here? I wanna see if it was the sound I was talking about.

[MENTION=56709]Osprey[/MENTION]: I went on a pig-killing raid a few days ago, but that's all I can think of. And there was no Krampus. [MENTION=54380]Dave[/MENTION]r: If you find anything, can you post it here? I wanna see if it was the sound I was talking about.

From my experience farming him to get my krampus sack on my older world, he starts snarling at you once you hit a certain naughtiness level, and then spawns if you keep acting like a jerk towards bunnies and other innocent creatures.

Just remember when the Pelontrix strikes, throw butter at it, everyone knows it is it's weakness.

ALl that does is delay the inevitable, pelontrix will kill him one day. After a while, it's much easier for him to start taking ALL of the butter by force instead of hoping that he might throw him one stick of the stuff.

Erm... can you describe it more?And were you sane or insane?

I was sane. It sounded like a roar of anger and pain, like in monster movies whenever they set the monster on fire. Except more like a hound.

its a hound boss :3

It could have been an unimplemented thing like that, but keep reading on, I remembered something about the attack that could answer it.

Mayhaps it was the Mactusks?

No, it wasn't Winter.

Could it be a werepig?

No, this was in the middle of the day.Anyway, I just remembered something else about the battle. When the hounds showed up, I was positioned in such a way that one of the hounds could have been damaged by a Lureplant on my left. The hounds (There were 2) didn't come through this way though, they came through the north and south.

There is concept art of a "Howl Hound"...there's a lot of things in the game that make barking or roaring sounds, i can think of beardlords, hounds, krampi, werepigs, spider queen, deerclops, swamp ambience...We can rule out deerclops and beardlords based on what you've said, and werepigs happen from monster meat too but if you killed a bunch of them...My friend heard a mysterious sound like this once

Was it night? Were you at the edge of your firelight? Grue mayhaps?

No, this was in the middle of the day.

Maybe a living log had perished. They do make a kinda, pain and anger sound.

I don't remember provoking any treeguards, is there a way that mobs could have somehow?

There is concept art of a "Howl Hound"...there's a lot of things in the game that make barking or roaring sounds, i can think of beardlords, hounds, krampi, werepigs, spider queen, deerclops, swamp ambience...We can rule out deerclops and beardlords based on what you've said, and werepigs happen from monster meat too but if you killed a bunch of them...My friend heard a mysterious sound like this once

No swamp (This was in Two Worlds, on the good island, if that helps), and it was aboveground.Can you show me where you found the "Howl Hound" art?Oh, and one more thing, I don't know how hard it is to do file sifting with Luas, but if I find the sound I'll share it with you.

I don't remember provoking any treeguards, is there a way that mobs could have somehow? No swamp (This was in Two Worlds, on the good island, if that helps), and it was aboveground.Can you show me where you found the "Howl Hound" art?Oh, and one more thing, I don't know how hard it is to do file sifting with Luas, but if I find the sound I'll share it with you.

The howl hound art is on Jeff Agala's tumblr. I don't beleive it was ever implemented but it makes a fun joke answer