Cats, Dont Starve Art

I've always imagined that a cat's paradise would be full with milk and catnip :/ .The drawing made me remember of the movie lion king. Keep this story its really good! And a bit sad :´( 

This is the story of a feral cat ^_^  how humans are always tearing down their homes to this day this was to show how it was like paradise and how it got ruined by people (so I guess I'm telling a message here to people too) but really its just showing what happened before Whisp got to Don't Starve :( and that picture was based on Lion King and Jungle Emperor Leo (if you haven't seen it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhS9_Mts40c) This story is meant to be sad :3 with some happy moments too. and only house cats would dream of that :/

Edited by WhispNcat

Chapter 1

A Cat in a Cage

going_to_don_t_starve_by_mapletale-d6l23

Hissing and growling was all Whisp heard. She opened her eyes to see what was going on. Only seeing two giant shadowy hands around her. In front of her was a dragon like creature, it had small wings but it looked fierce like it would kill Whisp any second. Is this what happens when you die? I'm sorry father Lin, I didn't listen to you. I didn't listen to Cat. I just went on to go save you for my own selfish reasons. Why didn't I listen to both of you... now I have no one around and I'm about to be gone for good. Whisp closed her eyes ready for the monster to eat her but then hear a voice from a man. "Say pal, you don't look so good. Better get something to eat before night comes." Whisp heard a poof and smelled smoke that would come from a humans cigar. That's when Whisp heard another voice. I wonder who it is. Whisp stayed in the same spot about to fall asleep until the voice was louder. Whispy! Wake up! Please wake up and say your okay! It was Cat crying. Whisp woke up and looked around Cat... I'm okay. Whe- Whisp feels a sharp pain from when she was stabbed and looks at where her wound was. Nothing was there, not even a scratch, but Whisp could still feel a sharp pain. It wasn't just pain she felt, but she also felt sadness and loneliness. Father Lin... Cat... I'm sorry. I should of never done that. Whisp cries. Whoa! Don't cry! Didn't you hear that guy! You need to do something. I'm sure something will come after you if you don't get some food to eat! You'll grow weaker than you already are! Cat snapped. Whisp nodded and stood up on her paws. Nothing seemed familiar, not even the sky seemed familiar. Whisp shook her head knowing she needs to get use to this environment. "Well the first thing I need to do is find some food right! I'm sure there are no humans around this area!" Whisp trots around looking for something other than berries and more. Seeing a pond Whisp purrs walking towards it. "That's really deep..." Whisp looks down into the pond and sticks her paw into it. The water seems warm enough for a fish to make a home, suddenly Whisp feels a sharp bite and she pulls out a large unusual blue-grey fish. "This is huge! How does a fish make a home in a small and deep pond like this?" Whisp holds on to the fish. Something flies right in front of Whisp, it was pink like a tongue. The pink thing took the fish from Whisp and it croaked as she turned around. It was a frog, it looks like a normal frog until you looked at its head. It seems they have horns or something. "And what brings you here to steal our fish!" Croaked the frog. "I'm sorry... I didn't know it was yours." Whisp whined. The frog looked confused as if it was expecting Whisp to get angry and attack it. "You must be new here. Fine take the fish but don't expect me to be giving you another free one without a fight!" Whisp looks confused as the frog talks. "I guess I'm new here. But do you know where I am, And how do I get out?" Whisp asks nicely. The frog laughs "Oh wow! You must be really special then if you weren't told! Then again no one was told here... I'll explain! You are known as a monster or animal here. You seem to be strong so you should try hunting down any human that gets here! All I seem to know is one human that visits here often to fish. No one knows his name but he is tearing down our home. At times we can't control ourselves so be careful about that. Your trapped here like being kept in a cage for eternity. You can't die for good. you will just be revived the life here is strange but you will understand. I would ask the hounds for more information. If they don't attack you." The frog jumps back into the pond leaving the fish. Whisp nods and picks up the fish Good to know not everything will attack you! As long as you keep your strength up then you shouldn't be attacked by anything. Cat chuckled. Whisp smiled and headed off to find a good place to sleep. The place seemed to have a lot of berry bushes. And it will be getting dark soon. Whisp decided to rest and eat under a pile of bushes until morning came. By then Whisp was two years old, as a cat that's a teenager or young adult. Whisp still had a lot to learn about. She still went deeper and deeper where berry bushes stoped showing and more bones showed up. This must be where the hounds are... but it doesn't seem like many are here.

(To tired to do any more -_-" couldn't think of anything much but I think you could guess who Whisp will meet next)

(Colors seem to be failing me D:)

Edited by WhispNcat

Chapter 1

A Cat in a Cage

going_to_don_t_starve_by_mapletale-d6l23

Hissing and growling was all Whisp heard. She opened her eyes to see what was going on. Only seeing two giant shadowy hands around her. In front of her was a dragon like creature, it had small wings but it looked fierce like it would kill Whisp any second. Is this what happens when you die? I'm sorry father Lin, I didn't listen to you. I didn't listen to Cat. I just went on to go save you for my own selfish reasons. Why didn't I listen to both of you... now I have no one around and I'm about to be gone for good. Whisp closed her eyes ready for the monster to eat her but then hear a voice from a man. "Say pal, you don't look so good. Better get something to eat before night comes." Whisp heard a poof and smelled smoke that would come from a humans cigar. That's when Whisp heard another voice. I wonder who it is. Whisp stayed in the same spot about to fall asleep until the voice was louder. Whispy! Wake up! Please wake up and say your okay! It was Cat crying. Whisp woke up and looked around Cat... I'm okay. Whe- Whisp feels a sharp pain from when she was stabbed and looks at where her wound was. Nothing was there, not even a scratch, but Whisp could still feel a sharp pain. It wasn't just pain she felt, but she also felt sadness and loneliness. Father Lin... Cat... I'm sorry. I should of never done that. Whisp cries. Whoa! Don't cry! Didn't you hear that guy! You need to do something. I'm sure something will come after you if you don't get some food to eat! You'll grow weaker than you already are! Cat snapped. Whisp nodded and stood up on her paws. Nothing seemed familiar, not even the sky seemed familiar. Whisp shook her head knowing she needs to get use to this environment. "Well the first thing I need to do is find some food right! I'm sure there are no humans around this area!" Whisp trots around looking for something other than berries and more. Seeing a pond Whisp purrs walking towards it. "That's really deep..." Whisp looks down into the pond and sticks her paw into it. The water seems warm enough for a fish to make a home, suddenly Whisp feels a sharp bite and she pulls out a large unusual blue-grey fish. "This is huge! How does a fish make a home in a small and deep pond like this?" Whisp holds on to the fish. Something flies right in front of Whisp, it was pink like a tongue. The pink thing took the fish from Whisp and it croaked as she turned around. It was a frog, it looks like a normal frog until you looked at its head. It seems they have horns or something. "And what brings you here to steal our fish!" Croaked the frog. "I'm sorry... I didn't know it was yours." Whisp whined. The frog looked confused as if it was expecting Whisp to get angry and attack it. "You must be new here. Fine take the fish but don't expect me to be giving you another free one without a fight!" Whisp looks confused as the frog talks. "I guess I'm new here. But do you know where I am, And how do I get out?" Whisp asks nicely. The frog laughs "Oh wow! You must be really special then if you weren't told! Then again no one was told here... I'll explain! You are known as a monster or animal here. You seem to be strong so you should try hunting down any human that gets here! All I seem to know is one human that visits here often to fish. No one knows his name but he is tearing down our home. At times we can't control ourselves so be careful about that. Your trapped here like being kept in a cage for eternity. You can't die for good. you will just be revived the life here is strange but you will understand. I would ask the hounds for more information. If they don't attack you." The frog jumps back into the pond leaving the fish. Whisp nods and picks up the fish Good to know not everything will attack you! As long as you keep your strength up then you shouldn't be attacked by anything. Cat chuckled. Whisp smiled and headed off to find a good place to sleep. The place seemed to have a lot of berry bushes. And it will be getting dark soon. Whisp decided to rest and eat under a pile of bushes until morning came. By then Whisp was two years old, as a cat that's a teenager or young adult. Whisp still had a lot to learn about. She still went deeper and deeper where berry bushes stoped showing and more bones showed up. This must be where the hounds are... but it doesn't seem like many are here.

(To tired to do any more -_-" couldn't think of anything much but I think you could guess who Whisp will meet next)

(Colors seem to be failing me D:)

Oh, before reading this i tought whisp was a he ... EPIC FAIL XD.

Keep doing those, they are great.

Oh, before reading this i tought whisp was a he ... EPIC FAIL XD.

Keep doing those, they are great.

Thanks :3 I'm not much of a story teller but I'll keep going. and Whisp is always mistaken as a male... have some people who know its a girl... just a very few.

Chapter 2

What was called a Friend

betrayal_by_mapletale-d6l9zsb.png

As Whisp went further into the rocky biome with bones all around she could hear growling getting louder and louder as she went.  It doesn't sound like a normal hound. Whisp looked around curious of how hounds act and remembering what the frog said. "anyone there?" Whisp quickly heard running behind her. Are those the hounds running that fast! Whisp whines a little. She was scared of what the hounds would do to her. She knew if she kept being scared the hounds would take that chance and attack. "Who's there!" Whisp puffed out her fur and growled trying to make herself look tough and brave. She heard a noise behind her and as soon as she turned around she saw fire all around her. What is this! What are those hounds doing? I wonder if they even are hounds. Whisp quickly stepped back looking around not sure what was going on. Whisp! to your right side! there's a- Cat was quickly silent as the a strange dog breathing fire pounced and pinned Whisp down as she turned. The hound said nothing and bit Whisp's neck. Whisp was suffocating and quickly kicked off the hound. It was a close call, the hound was about to burn her neck. Whisp cried What is this! That's not a just any hound! Its like a Hell Hound! I thought it would be a normal dog! Whisp ran but was trapped by the corner of fire. It seemed like there was no way out. This must be it... Whisp almost gave up until Cat came up again Whisp, quickly run under the hound! The fire is vanishing behind the hound! Whisp quickly turned seeing the hound jump at her again. She swiftly ran under evading the hounds claws and fangs, escaping the fire she saw even more fire hounds. It looks like there was a whole pack of only fire hounds as Whisp evaded almost everyone of them, getting a few scratches, cuts and burns. She soon ran out of the rocky biome, around was many berry bushes and a strange stick right in the middle of all of them. Whisp walked towards the strange stick and heard the fire hounds coming closer. Whisp looked around for a bush to hide in and stepped on something. She looked down seeing it was a tail similar to the fire hound but a different color.  The hound quickly got up growling at Whisp. This hound felt very cold, Whisp started to purr. Even though Whisped lived in the jungle she still wasn't use to the hear and the only thing she had was the ice cold rain. She loved being out in the cold but she would have to move around just to get warm enough to survive as a kitten. The hound seemed confused yet annoyed to see Whisp purring. Whisp noticed that this hound was by himself and looked around The rock biome seemed to be really... warm. Maybe this hound couldn't stand the heat. He seems to be alone too. Whisp wasn't so sure of what to say to the hound. She didn't know if the hound would attack any second. Don't worry I don't feel anything strange about this hound... before that you should ask for his help. Cat sounded tired. Whisp nodded and heard the hounds growling and barking. Maybe... we could group up and take down the hounds if he doesn't like them also. Whisp looks at the strange cold hound and smiles, The hound tilted his head in confusion.

(That's all for now :3 thanks for taking your time to read this and again tell me if I made any mistakes... this chapter seems a little short... :\ oh well...)

I just started drawing things for Don't Starve again but I guess only a few people paw attention so this so :\ whatever.

Have this new sketch of another character hound that I'm doing

thunder_the_hound_sketch_by_mapletale-d6

I decided to name him Thunder because it was really raining thunder outside TT_TT

But I guess this hound really lives up to his name. I should go on and finish this to show how he really looks.

(Edit: I just noticed I said paw and decided to leave it up there X3 its funny that I said that but I mean pay)

Edited by WhispNcat

I just started drawing things for Don't Starve again but I guess only a few people paw attention so this so :\ whatever.

Have this new sketch of another character hound that I'm doing

thunder_the_hound_sketch_by_mapletale-d6

I decided to name him Thunder because it was really raining thunder outside TT_TT

But I guess this hound really lives up to his name. I should go on and finish this to show how he really looks.

(Edit: I just noticed I said paw and decided to leave it up there X3 its funny that I said that but I mean pay)

don't worry more will show up eventually Im sure of it, if you have talent (which you do!) they will come here!

I for one like this drawing, you are really good at drawing hounds

Well something went wrong with my tablet :( so I just need to find out this problem. For now have this tiger anthro that I made up... or really it was the first character I thought up of, then changing him to a human,I never will let him be a tiger again... maybe >:3 so this isn't Don't Starve related... I could try and make it like that though...

kira_aka_wataru_another_form__sketch_by_

He's a tiger >:3 so he deserves to be awesome and this makes me think of Woodie and his beaver form... Hope this tablet starts working again :(

No! I will always be here to see cute cats!

Looks like the tiger is hunting some one...

Yay :3 people still see this. It's nice to know how I'm doing on here... and then I feel like I'm just spamming this thing... and then I run out of ideas and stop for a while TT_TT

Ia0aFt9.png

He is hunting for gobblers >:3 we will have plenty for thanksgiving... if they don't rot.

This guy needs some sunglasses to look more awesome.

Edited by WhispNcat

TIME FOR SOME REAL FAN ART!!!!

from me... that I think would be fan art...

broken_heart_by_mapletale-d6m6pbt.png

I bet no one here ever thought of how a deerclops would feel when your chopping its home, burning and killing everything, taking all the food, and that moment when he tries to stop you but in the end you kill him... TT_TT so sad.