Cats, Dont Starve Art

Deerclops is too cute! It's supposed to be a terrible structure-breaking monster! :razz:

Well you see :3 Almost everyone suspects Deerclops to be a fearsome and mean beast or monster ^_^ he really has a soft spot in him he just doesn't like when people start trashing his home :

A Cat's Tale

cat_paradise_sketch_by_mapletale-d6l0ror

Maybe I'll do a story about Whisp starting off of her life as a cub and growing up into the Don't Starve world

(Maybe this will be like Wolves of the Beyond)

But anyway I will think about it. When the time comes this picture will be colored and this post will be edited with the story. 

Thanks for taking your time to read this!

~Whisp - MapleTale~

Edited by WhispNcat

Well, that's good. At least Derp Hound doesn't try to kill anyone. Just smacks cats.

Are you sure?

Posted Image

This is why Deerclops is always grumpy in the winter... I told you the Derp Hound brings bad luck >:[

Edited by WhispNcat

Prologue

Cat's Paradise

cat_paradise_by_mapletale-d6l1i5m.png

Before anyone took over this jungle, a clan of cats lived. Most cats, even other animals called it paradise. There was one cat who watched over all these animals, mostly the cats around and humans that visit from time to time. This cat looked like a reddish lion who always had a small kit around him everyday. She was always quiet and sounded just like someone whispering, that's how she got the name Whisp. She looked a bit like a male cat but that's what made her want to travel around with this lion looking cat, Lin. This cat was also known as her father. Her mother... Unknown and died as Whisp was young. All that was known about Whisp's mother was that she was the only silver tabby in the whole jungle. When Whisp was about 7 months old she was able to travel on her own, but her father never allowed her to go out into the savannah where humans lived. Whisp was 7 and a half year old when she saw a strange "thing" in her dream. It took the shape of a two tailed fox who seemed to know everything, or that's what Whisp thought. The strange fox smiled with one fang showing seemed to be saying something "You will understand when time comes..." Was all Whisp heard from this fox, but nothing else she seemed to understand. As she woke up from the dream she saw part of the savannah. It wasn't there before, It was the humans doing this, making their home in what animals called paradise. Whisp was shocked Why are they here! Father Lin said they would never touch this place! Whisp cried. Looking for her father, Lin came picking her up quickly and ran off to a waterfall. Seeing a small den, Lin put Whisp in the den "Don't worry, everything will be fine." Lin gave a smile to Whisp and she calmed down. Whisp smiled back "Come back when your done father" Whisp purred. It was another month that passed when Whisp saw the same fox in her dream, Lin never came back yet. The fox seemed to be sad and sounded like a cat when Whisp heard its voice. The fox had strange tears, like tears of blood falling from its face "You must get away quickly! If you don't you could die!" the fox cried. Whisp seemed confused, she would never listen to any animal she didn't know "What about father?" Whisp cried. The fox snapped at Whisp "Just trust me!" the fox turned around about to leave. Whisp stared and suddenly yelled out "I don't even know your name! "Who are you?" Whisp still cried. The fox kept going with a smile on its face talking back in its normal voice, sounded like a male, "I have no name, you will understand when the time comes" That was the last thing the fox said and Whisp woke up. There was a town built, people still chopping the trees, killing the animals. Nothing seemed to survive over there. Whisp's fur slowly turned purple from the pollution, that's when Lin came back "Whisp!" Lin cried "This will be my last day here, please get away after you get enough rest. Never come back to this place, and never look back." Lin tried to say calmly."But... what abou-" Whisp was cut off thinking about what the strange fox said in her dream and lowered her head. "Okay." Whisp whimpered. It was then night when Whisp and Lin was looking at the sky spending their last moments together. There was a full moon with a rainbow. "Father Lin! Look!" Whisp pointed her paw at the rainbow. Lin smiled "You wont be able to see a clear rainbow like that again at night!" Whisp turned back to Lin as he got up and went towards the human town without saying a word. Whisp then thought of what the fox said. I'm sorry... but I can't leave this place. Whisp thought up of a name for the fox. I can't leave this place yet Cat. Whisp was one year old by the time she went to the town. Her fur completely purple from the pollution and lack of meat. Cat was Whisp's best friend by then protecting her every time and letting her go to the human town. Remember what I said  Cat told Whisp, she nodded and went to look around. Bumping into a human "There's the demon!" shouted the human and many came rushing in. Whisp tried to run away fast as she could. Ending up in in a corner she quickly turn around only able to say one last word "Help." Whisp cried. Being stabbed in the end she was slowly bleeding to death filled with pain. Cat in the other side quickly traveled from shadow to shadow, bumping into a strange tall man. "Say pal, you don't look so good. Is something wrong?" Cat looked up at the man "Please! I need your help! Don't let Whisp die! We'll do anything! Please!" Cat cried "Anything? Alright then!" The man said with an evil grin on his face. Two shadowy hands appeared and wrapped around Whisp, the humans ran away with fear as Whisp got dragged down into the unknown world, Don't Starve

~well that's all I got for today : please come check it out and see how I did! And if there are any mistakes feel free to correct me or something. Thank You for taking your time to read this!~

Edited by WhispNcat