[Suggestion] Always running

Hi, i've searched on posts if someone asked it before and maybe someone did but i did'nt find it...

A

nyway, you know that you can move by two ways :

- Mouse click

- z,q,s,d on panel

but sometimes that s very boring to let your fingers doing all...

That's why my GF told me yesterday : "you know sweet heart (yes, she always calls me like this :p), you would ask the devs about something like a key to continue running in the direction you want"

For example, one key-press on "z" could let our avatar running north of screen and an other "z" key-press could stop the run ;)

I m sure she would enjoy it and thank you a lot (and she has a gift to thank people ;))

Wow, this looks like you are trying to seduce the devs...

Me ? ;)

Neither... but she ? Well... Sometimes i wonder why i m always here with her when i see her seducing all that look like someone else and then... she remembers me :p

You can run using WASD if that helps…

I already told it in my thread but the subject is not "how to move" but "how to keep running" ;)

That's why i m talking about a key to continue your "moving action"

this wouldnt be of any big use

Perhaps for you ^^ but suggestions are here to explains what people could need (and my GF seems to need it, so i ask it :p)

Edited by Vire7777

While I enjoy fast movement, I'm not sure it's needed here. And by that I mean allowing the player to move faster from the get-go. The characters already move at a good clip and the monsters all seem to move based on that. Of course if the game later allowed you a means of speeding up your pace then I would be all for it, for example tallbird mounts.

OP wants a key to toggle on "move this way". I dont think he wants to run faster, but just rest his fingers.

The distances in Don't Starve usually don't seem to merit it, at least not yet. The only game I've played recently that made me want something like that was Minecraft... but Minecraft worlds are huge in comparison. But hey, I'm not against this idea either as it couldn't hurt.

The distances in Don't Starve usually don't seem to merit it, at least not yet. The only game I've played recently that made me want something like that was Minecraft... but Minecraft worlds are huge in comparison. But hey, I'm not against this idea either as it couldn't hurt.

Agreed, if I compare the current average Dont Starve world to that of Minecraft, than the difference in size is huge. In Minecraft you need all the speed you can get to get somewhere, in Dont Starve it would mean that you can get anywhere very fast.