Ghostly's Art Thread

Or "AutobotGirl's Art Thread" or "Alicorn Artistry's Art Thread" depending on who you all know me as from Deviantart, Twitter, Facebook, etc. I just can't seem to latch onto a single name.

Anyway, I thought I'd create a separate thread for my artwork that isn't related to my comic "The Adventures of Wilson P. Higgsbury". So expect to see everything from sculptures, doodles, GIFs, and other Don't Starve comics that are unrelated to my current comic project.

So first off, have a sculpt I created!

Posted Image

Wilson is around 4.5 inches tall, with a tiny 2 inch Chester to keep him company! Sculpted in Sculpey with a wire and aluminum foil base and painted in acrylic to mimic the style of the games and animated origin short.

Next off is a larger Chester I'm making as a commission. He's still a work in progress, but he's turning out great!

Posted Image

He's also made in Sculpey, but his mouth is hinged so you can open him up and store away all that extra rot you have lying around.

Posted Image

He still needs a little sanding.

Aaaaannnd while I'm at it, have a quick colored drawing of Wilson in my own style.

Posted Image

His hair is so foofy. You just kinda want to mush it around. I wonder if that's where he stores all of his stuff?

• Like 3

So, what originally started out as a doodle eventually kind of, sort of turned into a two hour long project.

Posted Image

There's a good chance I'll try to end up selling these as 'print on demand' posters. Maybe make the rest of the 'cast' as well?

And as requested by RinnKruskov, here's a short tutorial on how I draw the pigs in my Don't Starve comic. (which can be found here http://forums.kleientertainment.com/showthread.php?20914-Don-t-Starve-The-Adventures-of-Wilson-P-Higgsbury )

Posted Image

• Like 1

BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING TO DO THIS SUMMER BESIDES WHAT I ALWAYS DO (which is art) HAVE SOME MORE.

Posted Image

I'm going to double major in illustration and animation this coming fall at the Columbus College of Art and Design with my true passions being comic books and cartoons. So, in addition to the sketchy, rough Don't Starve comic I already have going here on the boards, I'm also starting a much more refined 'animated comic'. I've seen a bit of this concept used before, but not as much as I think it should be. Basically, all of the panels are mini-GIFs, with minor movements animated in lighting, backgrounds, and the figures.

So, have a preview of the cover for my new Don't Starve animated comic, "Dark".

• Like 1

Hi there [MENTION=52397]Ghostly[/MENTION]! I have to say, we were all so blown away by your outstanding Wilson and Chester sculptures (plus your comics) that we decided to feature your work on our Fan Art Spotlight!

Oh and I thought "The Adventures of Wilson P. Higgsbury" was hilarious! I can't wait to see what you do with "Dark."

Posted Image

But no, seriously, thanks so much! A little recognition and positive feedback goes a long way, and I'll certainly keep at the art thing. =w=

• Like 1

Finally finished the cover art for my animated comic "DARK".

I crashed photoshop the first time I tried to save it....

I thought I lost everything. =w=;

Posted Image

Also, mods, should I keep posting this comic in my art thread, or make a new thread for it? I already have one other thread for my daily comic and I don't want to junk up the forum too much.

(And for those that want to see the image fully, try ctrl+-, it'll make your screen zoom out :) )

• Like 2

%7Boption%7D

Also, mods, should I keep posting this comic in my art thread, or make a new thread for it? I already have one other thread for my daily comic and I don't want to junk up the forum too much.

(And for those that want to see the image fully, try ctrl+-, it'll make your screen zoom out :) )

Looking good :D I hope there'll be more soon :3

Aaaaannnd while I'm at it, have a quick colored drawing of Wilson in my own style.

Posted Image

His hair is so foofy. You just kinda want to mush it around. I wonder if that's where he stores all of his stuff?

Are you saying his hair is actually on the inside an interdimensional rip in the fabric of Time that's bigger in the inside than the outside?
  • Like 1

Animated GIF comic? Oh man! I had dreams about making these, but this takes the cake!

Sadly I haven't been able to work on it as much as I've wanted to over the past week. =w=; I'm a comic artist through and through and it's why I'm heading off to college to improve. But right now this makes for my third comic project this summer (My other Don't Starve comic and another original work that I plan to have published sometime in the next handful of months).Really though, I'm thinking of redoing that cover now since I've drawn ol' Wilson a few more times and I've modified his design. I'll post my new cover sketches and designs tomorrow once I clean them up a bit.

Oh my goodness I love your comics! Your other DS comic is my favorite, the one with Willow and yeah... I saw them on Deviantart. I would love to see more when you get the chance. :wilson_cool:And oooh my gosh, I just realized there's a boatload of Wilson faces in the emotes! *fangirls* I'm new here.

Posted Image

wow can't wait to see more! o: it looks so amazing!

Alright I've got a couple of things to toss at you guys today, one being my updated Wilson design.

Posted Image

While I was working on my "DARK" Gif comic, I realized that my previous design for Wilson was much more tedious to draw and less fun than expected. And when you're working on something where it requires you to draw a certain character multiple times, it's really important that they be fun and somewhat easy to draw.

So I took a few days, messed around, and came up with the design that you all can see here. I've kept some elements from my previous design and sort of mixed them with my first rough sketch to come up with a Wilson that was fun, easy, and felt natural to put down on my tablet. At the moment I'm updating the comic cover with the new design. (And if you can guess what that creepy little guy next to Wilson is, you get a cookie.)

And then up next is a piece of my more traditional artwork featuring Willow, Wilson, and Chester based on their roles in my comic.

Posted Image

Despite how scary the world of Don't Starve can be, I feel like it can't be all bad all the time- after all there's got to be some thrill of adventure.

• Like 1