Don't Starve Chess Set

What should the pawns for white be?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What should the pawns for white be?

• Pigs
    • Guardian Pigs
    • Bunnymen

I recall I once made a project with thin legs that worked. The trick was I put nails in them so they had more area to bond to. While there are better materials, from what I've seen I would require molds. A bit more expensive but it would make making multiple pawns easier. I'll have to check what would be in my price range.

I am not sure if you have tried carving wood before, but that could be an option. It's light, doesn't break easily, and it looks nice if you get the right wood. It can be tricky carving wood, as you need the right tools, but still.

Black king: MaxwellWhite king: Science machine/Camp fire (Come on, you think wilson does all the work? He is as much king as any other character. Without the science machine, you would die, or even, a camp fire is a better king)Black queen: Spider queen (Or deerclops, or even the nightmare throne)White queen: Pig kingBlack pawn: SpiderWhite pawn: Small birdBlack rook: Walrus( Or a merm)White rook: PigmanBlack bishop: Deerclops( Or a treeguard, or a merm)White bishop: Mandrake...?Black knight: HoundWhite knight: Bunnyman

Hmm "While this should be efficient for most pieces, I'll have to get creative with some of the pieces' poses." Creative... OH GOD!

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C_HReR_McQ

This video makes me laugh.

Black king: MaxwellWhite king: Science machine/Camp fire (Come on, you think wilson does all the work? He is as much king as any other character. Without the science machine, you would die, or even, a camp fire is a better king)

Snubbing Wilson for a Science Machine as the white king of a DS chess set? You might as well put up a sign that says "Fans, please beat the crap out of me!" Besides, Wilson MADE the friggin' thing; without him, there'd be no machines in DS (except for Wickerbottom; she already knows how to make all this stuff) XP But I digress; Wilson's the white king, no question

I am not sure if you have tried carving wood before, but that could be an option. It's light, doesn't break easily, and it looks nice if you get the right wood. It can be tricky carving wood, as you need the right tools, but still.

I have had incredibly bad luck in the past with wood carving. I almost always end up nearly cutting a finger off.-Luggs

Snubbing Wilson for a Science Machine as the white king of a DS chess set? You might as well put up a sign that says "Fans, please beat the crap out of me!" Besides, Wilson MADE the friggin' thing; without him, there'd be no machines in DS (except for Wickerbottom; she already knows how to make all this stuff) XP But I digress; Wilson's the white king, no question

I don't see the problem. I believe that the science machine would look better, but if you believe Wilson fits better, that's your opinion. Why do I need to be beaten up?

I don't see the problem. I believe that the science machine would look better, but if you believe Wilson fits better, that's your opinion. Why do I need to be beaten up?

I didn't mean it like a threat, and I apologize if you got that impression. I meant that fans would be really ticked off if Wilson was snubbed like that, considering he IS the main protagonist of the game. I'm sorry if I made you feel like I was bullying you or anything 'cause that was NOT what I was intending! :(

Black Queen? Grue ^^White Queen? Willow because she is very powerfull like the Queen in chessWhite King? Wilson of course.Black Bishop?Black knight? Heyyy there ALREADY ARE in the game : monsters who protect Maxwell Portal.So Black Rook : same look as knight and bishop OR Maxwell Torches OR Murm OR (and i love the idea) THE Tentacles !!!! OR TallbirdsWhite Bishop ... because characters are crazy in don't starve : Wendy and Abigail . Wendy for white case and Abigail for the black because she comes at night.White Knight.... well ...Beefalos XDAnd towers ....... maybe Torches? Because fire protect us during night.... or ... hmmmmm ... Bird Cages with birds inside , it's look like tower OR If black towers are TENTACLES > white towers= Lightning Rod , it protects us and as tall as tentaclesOR Treeguard , they are not evil creatures...white pawn : why not rabbits? so so ... What do you think about that?

Here are my ideas for the missing pieces:

Black

Rook: Treeguard

Knight: Hound / Werepig

Bishop: MacTusk / Krampus

Queen: Spider Queen / Nightmare Throne / Grue

White

Rook: Koalefant

Knight: Beefalo

Bishop: Tallbird / Bunnyman / Smallish Tallbird

Queen: Willow / [MENTION=5416]ScienceMachine[/MENTION]

King: Wilson / Pig King

Unfortunately, it seems that this project is going to be more expensive than I initially thought. I'm going to put it on hold until I have sufficient funds fr materials.

Oh I know this, you think hey this is a good idea and then you realise all the stuff you have to do and to buy...^^Well, this means more time for planning.