New characters?

deskp

Seeing as it sounds like characters will be the only reward/progress you really make in this game.

Is there supposed to be a ton of them or just the 5 we currently see? Have the devs said anything about this?

Could there be characters without special abilities?

My hope is there will be alot of characters, because I like the visual differences, the special abilities isn't as important to me.

I don't have a quote at hand, but I am pretty sure the devs mentioned to make more characters as the 5 we see atm, yes.

up until recently, all characters were without special ability, except for wilson, so I guess no,they got through the struggle to give all of them a special skill, so most likley there won't be characters without one, why should there, the characters stand for different types of gameplay, defined through their special skill.

If you want a character without special abilities just play with wilson without the meat effigy...

I've got nothing against special abilities, Just saying theyre not important to me to enjoy a characther.

Edited by deskp

I wonder if the characters will continue to be unlocked only via XP earned from playing the game, or whether additional goals will be included to add difficulty to certain unlocks? I'm of course thinking about the Binding of Isaac.

I remember that kevin mentiond that after he changed the research points, he will work on exp aswell, so I guess chances are good that we see something like you mention, or at least a change on how it works now. in worst case, we will at least be able to unlock new characters without killing ourself.

I remember that kevin mentiond that after he changed the research points, he will work on exp aswell, so I guess chances are good that we see something like you mention, or at least a change on how it works now. in worst case, we will at least be able to unlock new characters without killing ourself.

Maybe it could unlock based on total days survived, so whenever you save on a new day and quit to the main menu it calculates whether a new character is unlocked. Of course I would still like it if there was something more to it than just that...

I would love to have to unlock them via ways other than exp :) maybe keep some for exp, or "easy" unlocks, and then others you have to something that is perhaps related to them. I like working to unlock them all and I don't want them to be too easy to unlock...

Perhaps you have to unlock and play one of the easy characters to unlock certain ones. So that way you get something for trying out other characters.. Though I'm sure some people may see this as punishment :(