in your opinion, what is the best or worst skin for dst

for me, the worst has to be walter's halloween skin bc it looks the exact same as walters regular skin, on the other hand my favourite skin has to be the rebel skin for webber  image.png.fe466008a06cff2dd8410349c5f43d8e.pngimage.png.edbcec3ba15b0db07994b0fb276e83c2.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by GamePlayer42
exctra image

Wortox original brown form because his red form is disgusting. And Wanda's tinkerer skin takes the second place because it's also just a better design than default. The rest are all equally the worst, because if the skin is worse than default look, then in sucks. 

• Like 1

Best is easy: forlorn doll Willow. The yellow eyes do so much to make her distinct to the rest of the cast, the spirals in the hair are by far my favorite hairstyle and the tattered dress evokes the stronger aspects of the survivor sets as a cherry on top. Not to mention Ashley is part of the set, the current only skin for bernie (and a substantial upgrade over vanilla IMO). Finally, the clothing is just good.

Willow_Forlorn_Doll_Portrait.webp.0a31210d2d681bb8744c5f208577bf96.webp

I'm going to skip over the costume sets because they feel like a freebie for "worst," due to them not really aiming for aesthetics, and being more cute holiday skins, sort of like the April fools fish clothes.  So my other pick would be Webber's contender outfit. I'm not a fan of how regularly Webber's skins are "He's MEANNNNNNNNNNNNN Now" (Triumphant, Gladiatior, Victorian, Costume , Verdant, Contender) and the contender is the worst of the bunch. I'm not a fan of the orange color scheme, and unlike many of the other underwhelming sets, none of the individual pieces feel like they can be properly mixed. It just REALLY lacks any redeeming qualities.

Webber_El_Tigre_Cub_Portrait.webp.2963e70c207b0fdd35d2cd508b6ef3a3.webp 

• Like 1

I don't know which skin is my favorite, I like a ton of them way too much. :-?

image.png.5cfa69beb9fe332b8d038daa9e0fe0cf.png

But I have a very, distinct, profound idea of my least favorite skins are and that's if we include items / structures skins. These mfs:

Cursed_Cloak_Icon.png Dark_Wizard's_Hat_Icon.png

I have no word for the Night Armor, it's a straight up downgrade. As for the Top Hat, I didn't know it was possible to make 2D assets look so flat that they have negative depth. I'm very sorry for the person who drew these, but I really want these two to get a touch-up, or at least reduce the skin rarity because AIN'T NO WAY these are "Elegant" when there's some masterpieces alongside them and prettier Distinguished / Spiffy items to have.

I could say the same about the Cursed Sabre of the same collection but I've had quite the amount of players to tell me they like it, for the FX I'm assuming ? But like, isn't the Twisted Dagger the same thing but a dozen time better ? Anyway... if not belongings then my least favorite skin might be Wortox's Swashbuckler, I dare not talk about Maxwell Dark Wizard one because it's so... something, that it might just be a quality, the clothes themselves are fine. That rework skins sure didn't impress.

• Like 2
  • Shopcat 1

I'm not a fan of the rasputin maxwell items myself
the connection between them is nice but maxwell's skin just looks too human and fleshy, however
my favourite skin is probably the victorian mushlight post, very classy, very nice

• Like 2

As for character skins I like most Wendy skins, Wickerbottom has really pretty ones as well and Wormwood has all the best outfits to choose from, but my all time fav is Moonbound Winona:

image.png.bef223a463d5b78c8790a189b6c6357f.png

honorable mentions:

Spoiler

image.png.44a0089e4596716fe35aef769b429bc8.pngimage.png.de0010240dbaa44ea58154133ac1fc0b.pngimage.png.35c6734387362bd235f8ffd2f6b162ee.png

As for the worst skins I really dislike Year of the Pig King theme, but the worst of the worst for me is this Wolfgang:

image.png.b5c009b9211e42a7905b29fc4bc148ba.png

This skin is not only bad but also lazy, idk why it looks like his sunglasses are connected to his beard and are drawn basically the same way. Not really like the Splash Art is a masterpiece but it at least looks cohesive, where the in game counterpart looks like those glasses with fake nose and moustache.

And especially when there are skins like Triumphant Wanda with those dope Matrix glasses and there is Wolf with his Beard glasses??

• Like 1

image.png.d22d45b79bf1870cad097d170134735b.png 

Wurtstool: Favorite, Sygergises well with many other cosmetics (swashbuckler Wurt's claws, troutsers)

image.png.d3b74e65f80ca0b5147a6ec9bac0d0ca.png

Least Favorite: alot of Willona's cosmetics: they all look heavily out of date personally.

• Like 1

When Winona shows more queenly attire or more fancy or even scrappy outfits she pulls them off really well for how her butch aesthetic or even a stern and well dressed boss she can be.

Worst comes maybe half of Winona's outfits. I think there should be a lot more liberty to test out better outfits than whatever half the weird things she gets. She really pulls off the elegant or worker outfits best while she isn't the kind to look good in shaved head or scrappy outfits. I really dislike her wrestler outfit the most - it's just... all over the place for me. Pig-pink is so not her color. Our resident lesbian Jimmy neutron deserved better than that skin.

• Like 1

For belongings, the best skin is 100% the butcher hook drying rack skin for completely unbiased reasons ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

For characters, the worst is definitely snowfallen Wigfrid. I wish they made her a Viking from the glacial fjords or something.
image.png.045f663f8134d9e5ddc8113611d4bef3.png

The best is Krampwell. I love this skin because, unlike the other costumes dressing up like mobs, this one makes him actually look like he's a demon. It doesn't look like make up or thing tied together. It looks genuine and it really fits him
image.png.3843eb41b89cb4985ce6217391c73861.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Health 1

i like these two for WX and winona, they just look awesome

dontstarve_steam_x64_aQJdz8ouGA.png.5fdf6eafb15355d3320930955cfe6ec0.pngdontstarve_steam_x64_pnCMeeUeJc.png.f2adaa87660a582bc5eb14eac40178c9.png

and this... thing. i don't like it. i dunno how to describe it, she just kinda looks... gormless?

dontstarve_steam_x64_4VPyo1wH7X.png.7136df7fecff42877f4bf8edd9e8047e.png

• Like 1