Year of the Snake And Horse events. -wait we don't have ither (update speculation)

starting this thread because I looked at the future zodiac years and figured that DST doesn't have any great stand ins for horses (literally the only horse like things currently is the clockwork knights) and especially snakes (depth worms?, yeah no).

so what do you guys think currently they they'll do for year of the Snake/Horse?

Year of the Depth Worm, like you said seems plausible. It could potentially be a way to introduce a new boss that is basically Pugalisk but... not as it is a really cool fight and would fit nicely into the caves (I think). Additionally there are actual snakes in Halmet and Shipwrecked so those could be brought over as well. Though I don't know why they would.
Assuming it is Year of the Depth Worm then my guess is it will have little toys that emit light for a short period of time with a mini game revolving around spotting the Worm among the glowberry.

For year of the Horse, Knights do make the most sense since Beefalo were taken for Year of the Ox. As for what it would add, no idea.

• Like 1

Spring loaded tiger stripe snakes. Because.. that exists in the unimplemented mob files.

Also shipwrecked and hamlet had several snakes, I fully expect at some point DST will get them too.

Because like it or not, DST is a Sequel an actual canon sequel to a game that came before it.. there’s no reason for snakes NOT to exist in DST..

• Like 1
  • Wavey 1

7 hours ago, SSneaky said:

starting this thread because I looked at the future zodiac years and figured that DST doesn't have any great stand ins for horses (literally the only horse like things currently is the clockwork knights) and especially snakes (depth worms?, yeah no).

so what do you guys think currently they they'll do for year of the Snake/Horse?

Year of the depth worm would be good, and year of the knight would be good.

I'd like year of the Depth Worm.

I would not be surprised if a new mob is added, or an existing mob is changed to better fit the theme.
Carrats showed up a good bit before year of the rat started and got the focus there, and for Tiger we got a catcoon. But Orange.

I could see Knight being used for year of the horse but then I feel like only have the ONE clockwork get the spotlight would be kind of odd.

does it even matter, given that this years of the event had nothing to do with said creature? that it has to be a part of it? (yes it sould im still kind of angry about year of boat)

I feel like with the horse event, adding (for example) horse riding would be odd as beefalos are already rideable, so not many options.

Snakes are much more plausible, but it would be hard to just not copy pugalisk or poison snakes.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Paxtonnnn said:

You guys will get one disappointing event and act like it's the end of events as we know them

All Events went downhill over the years and df was just the final straw. 

For exsample we got winter feast lazer clops, 4 other bosses got a reskin and one of them appeared 4 times as often to be farmed, you could also play a fun but more importantly rewarding mini game of decorating a tree and sleeping under it which can even get you a cane! And you get bundle wraps alternative. This is essential part of making events in dst fun and klei forgot it for some reason. Reward is what makes the little things feel fun and not like a waste of time. 

Then we got a mini boss and a mini quest of creating a feast out of garbage and magic. It's kinda funny but I never fully committed to cooking more than a couple dishes since it's just grinding and rewards are beyond terrible. Not only is it just a food like buff, but it barely even lasts. 

And then we got skins and nothing else.