Fix Explosive Cheese.

if you want to remove the ability to cheese then make it so that players cannot instantly remove (give or take) half of, lets say, Ancient Fuel Weaver's health with explosives.

add more bosses (like Cele.Champ.) to the list of bosses that gain explosive damage resistance (Which i just learned is actually a thing now) and make explosive damage resistance account for the stack of explosive so that a single mound of 40 isn't the same as a mound of 1.

that will make players play the game the intended way by playing through a long and tedious boss fight and make gunpowder a better crafting ingredient.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Potato Cup 1

no lol

this is a sandbox game, there are supposed to be many different ways to do things like combat and people are allowed to play how they want and use everything in the game to their advantage and if how they want to play is by grinding a bunch of stacks of gunpowder and two shotting the thing then so be it, it's not really hurting anyone

• Like 7

It's not cheese. Gunpowder explodes and causes damage. That's how it works.

But I think those new bosses do need to fill in the missing explosive damage resistance to ensure consistency

Edited by Cassielu
  • Like 9

As someone who fully supports the cheese removal efforts, I think there's a biiiit of a difference between "this item breaks a bosses AI because they're too stupid to go around it" and "The item designed to do a ton of burst damage is able to do a ton of burst damage"

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

There’s a difference between using an explosive that’s doing it’s intended job, and using a Lureplant/Spider Den that you the player can easily destroy, but these gigantic enemies 20x your size are to dumb to walk over, stomp down, or step around.

If pinning them in with these items prevents them from going through phases or animations that they otherwise would go through- That’s an Exploit/Bug.

Also.. ALSO!! Why do super super super late game walls (such as DreadStone) still take damage and break, but your Lureplants and Spider Dens were somehow magically indestructible?

People we’re using items other than walls to do what should be the WALLS job..

Now as far as your Suggestion of Nerfing Gunpowder goes, that just limits an actual weapon the game gives you to use…

Which wasn’t fun when Klei gave any boss Gunpowder resistance. But there IS a work around to that…

Instead of stacking all your gunpowder in one large pile, split it up, and place it close enough to each other to set off a circular or line based chain reaction.

But again… Gunpowder is doing its intended job as a Weapon, Spider Dens & Lureplants Were Not.

• Like 7
  • Potato Cup 1

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Why do super super super late game walls (such as DreadStone) still take damage and break, but your Lureplants and Spider Dens were somehow magically indestructible?

That's a lie, dreadstone walls are not "super super super late game"

4 hours ago, SSneaky said:

if you want to remove the ability to cheese then make it so that players cannot instantly remove (give or take) half of, lets say, Ancient Fuel Weaver's health with explosives

I'm rather curious what's your personal definition of cheese?

4 hours ago, SSneaky said:

that will make players play the game the intended way by playing through a long and tedious boss fight and make gunpowder a better crafting ingredient.

I don't not see how nerfing the use of gunpowder makes it a better crafting ingredient

Gunpowder is meant to damage, that's pretty much it. It doesn't not involve other game mechanics such as pathing or collision. You light it up, it does damage

it's quite grindy to amass but it does what it's meant to do, so I don't understand how's this comparable to cheese methods

• Like 1

What's wrong with speeding through massive chunks of health with some gunpowder? Explosives are intended for these sorts of cases, especially if you don't wanna deal with specific bosses or creatures. It's exists for that reason.

It's not fun to fight and kite all the time. With cheese removed it's already as annoying as is for what we gotta do with fuelweaver.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mykenception said:

That's a lie, dreadstone walls are not "super super super late game"

I'm rather curious what's your personal definition of cheese?

I don't not see how nerfing the use of gunpowder makes it a better crafting ingredient

Gunpowder is meant to damage, that's pretty much it. It doesn't not involve other game mechanics such as pathing or collision. You light it up, it does damage

it's quite grindy to amass but it does what it's meant to do, so I don't understand how's this comparable to cheese methods

Gunpowder is used to make cannon balls.

4 hours ago, mykenception said:

what's your personal definition of cheese

Any way to trivialize a fight.

Such as halving a bosses hp

Absolutely not. Gunpowder is very grindy to get in significant amounts, and you need ridiculous amounts to make a significant dent to bosses, so I don't want it nerfed

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Faintly Macabre said:

Some of y'all are missing the sarcasm here

Yeah this post is mostly sarcastic.

Though to be honest I don't see that much of a difference between halving a bosses hp with bombs, and making then get stuck on a meat plant.

Both give you a huge advantage in a fight, so why must just the bug get fixed? Your intended to deal with all of the hp/gimmicks involved in the fight. If klei wants to remove cheeses, then they should commit to it imo.

• Shopcat 1

1 hour ago, SSneaky said:

Yeah this post is mostly sarcastic.

Though to be honest I don't see that much of a difference between halving a bosses hp with bombs, and making then get stuck on a meat plant.

Both give you a huge advantage in a fight, so why must just the bug get fixed? Your intended to deal with all of the hp/gimmicks involved in the fight. If klei wants to remove cheeses, then they should commit to it imo.

One of them was intended and by design, the other wasn't. Try to think things through man

10 hours ago, SSneaky said:

if you want to remove the ability to cheese then make it so that players cannot instantly remove (give or take) half of, lets say, Ancient Fuel Weaver's health with explosives.

add more bosses (like Cele.Champ.) to the list of bosses that gain explosive damage resistance (Which i just learned is actually a thing now) and make explosive damage resistance account for the stack of explosive so that a single mound of 40 isn't the same as a mound of 1.

Gunpowder was never cheese. I don't use gunpowder, but I understand the concept of it.

I wish it was a little more work to obtain, but it's fine with me as is.

I even think there should be an improved version that deals 400 damage to eliminate bosses that people can't fight (especially console people). It should have as ingredients 1 Gunpowder + 1 Slurtle Slime + 1 Dreadstone.

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

So Wolfgang is cheese to you?

thats just bad playable character design.

1 hour ago, JosePapp said:

One of them was intended and by design, the other wasn't. Try to think things through man

imo bosses should attack 'structures that have health'

9 hours ago, Theukon-dos said:

As someone who fully supports the cheese removal efforts, I think there's a biiiit of a difference between "this item breaks a bosses AI because they're too stupid to go around it" and "The item designed to do a ton of burst damage is able to do a ton of burst damage"

Is sad when something obvious needs to be explained

• Like 3
  • Big Ups 1