Why i think Wanda should be slower when old

Today i'd like to talk about a change which i think Wanda needs.

She needs to be slower when old, by not that much but still and that's why i think she really needs this change:

1)AGE:

often old people are not as in shape as young people, Wanda has other downsides related to her health and this just makes sense to me.

2)ALWAYS BEING OLD:

i see the old form of Wanda just as a fight form, when you are out of a fight you should stay in her young or middle age form, this change would discourage people from remaining old for most of the game and give a reason to the other wanda's ages.

And these are my just my opinions, feel free to share you ideas in the comments! (:

• Like 7
  • Sanity 2
  • Potato Cup 3

2 minutes ago, _zwb said:

Why not just give meaningful perks to other ages?

wanda is pretty good as of now, especially her old form.

her young and middle ages are ok and don't need any type of change, the problem is her old age form.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sacco said:

wanda is pretty good as of now, especially her old form.

her young and middle ages are ok and don't need any type of change, the problem is her old age form.

Nerf alarming clock then

13 minutes ago, _zwb said:

Nerf alarming clock then

i think that this would be just a boring change alone, i suggested another change because i found it more interesting.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sacco said:

i think that this would be just a boring change alone, i suggested another change because i found it more interesting.

Walking slower? Really man? 

• Like 6
  • Big Ups 1

3 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

Walking slower? Really man? 

like i said before this would discourage people from staying old for most of the game, OLD WANDA IS MEANT TO BE A COMBAT FOCUSED FORM WITH HIGH RISK AND HIGH REWARD.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sacco said:

like i said before this would discourage people from staying old for most of the game, OLD WANDA IS MEANT TO BE A COMBAT FOCUSED FORM WITH HIGH RISK AND HIGH REWARD.

Ok? Walking slower = high risk? 

5 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

Ok? Walking slower = high risk? 

walking slower makes kiting kiting, so the playeris now relying even more to his backtrack watch, and overall, you are discouraged to remain old as wanda.

I really don't dislike having a minor movement speed reduction such as wearing a Piggyback, it's fine. She's gaining so much strengths from old age it would be only fair. Plus that'd invite to use her Backtrek Watch over direct kiting which has different benefits and inconveniences. This is a fine downside !

• Like 15

58 minutes ago, Sacco said:

because her old form is too strong compared to the others.

And because downsides can "expand" the character quite nicely! I do hope that after the skill trees are done (or perhaps during their addition even?) klei would look at the character downsides again. I think a good character downside (for example Wormwood, Walter, Warly) can be very important in making the character feel unique. 

This downside in particular isn't the most groundbreaking of course, but honestly? I kinda like it. As you and others have already mentioned, it could serve both to make Wanda rely on her unique strengths more (staying at a slight range with alarming clock and using backstep to avoid attacks) and to discourage staying in the old form indefinitely, thus further expanding on her age mechanic, by making the choice of what age to stay on at different times more meaningful. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sacco said:

because her old form is too strong compared to the others.

Well duh less hp more damage that's kinda the point. 

We already have mechanic you suggest with Wolfgang who essentially slows down in his best form. 

11 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

We already have mechanic you suggest with Wolfgang who essentially slows down in his best form. 

Wdym? Doesn't mighty wolfgang have a speed boost?

33 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

Well duh less hp more damage that's kinda the point. 

wolfgang in his mighty form is just as fast as a normal character.

less hp? night armor/marble suit + backtreck watch go brrr

• Sanity 1

make her slower at old age will literally ruined her as a character

you cant dodge some attack if your speed are low. DST combat are not like other game

high risk high reward mean your choice is risky to get the reward, not impossible to get the reward

the choice of staying at old age while doing combat already risky

plus I dont see the need of "discourage people from remaining old"? not many people stay old outside combat anyway. Old wanda made your skin look ugly, you alway close to die, and your high damage are worthless because you're not in combat to need them 

so isn;t d"iscourage people from remaining old" redundant?

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, MikoFanboy said:

you cant dodge some attack if your speed are low. DST combat are not like other game

high risk high reward mean your choice is risky to get the reward, not impossible to get the reward

You make this sound as being old is the rule, but it's a capacity (and a crazy good one). If I can count on my fingers the amount of threats that become insurmountable with ~10% slowness I'm still very much sold by it considering the other options.

• Like 2

I like how Klei was able to give each of Wolfgang’s fitness stages their own unique mechanics, as well as further branching out Woodie by making each of his Wereforms have a unique playstyle.

I think Wanda should have traits for Young, Mid & Old.

Maybe she can chop wood/run faster at young cause she’s energetic and full of life.

but in old she gets slower at running, chopping, mining, etc needing to rely on her magic portals more.

but what would be really cool- is if each of her forms let her interact with the game world in different ways.

Such as Catcoons being hostile to her at young age stealing her clocks and running off to their stumps with them, but at old age she’s like the crazy old cat lady and they are friends to her, so they come to her with gifts.

(just small touches like that..)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wavey 1

1 hour ago, MikoFanboy said:

the choice of staying at old age while doing combat already risky

plus I dont see the need of "discourage people from remaining old"? not many people stay old outside combat anyway. Old wanda made your skin look ugly, you alway close to die, and your high damage are worthless because you're not in combat to need them 

so isn;t d"iscourage people from remaining old" redundant?

remember that wanda has the backtreck watch.