Junk Yard asthetic suggestions

3 hours ago, PrincessProblem said:

The idea of it being an island is good. it looks really out of place just randomly in the woods. make the ocean a bit more interesting and gives the ease of retrofitting

Please no, no more islands for stuff that could easily be included on the mainland.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, EATZYOWAFFLEZ said:

Please no, no more islands for stuff that could easily be included on the mainland.

What stuff from the islands could easily be included on the mainland?

But yeah, the Junk Yard makes more sense on the mainland. It just need to be in a more fitting biome, maybe a rocky biome or a new biome with a combination of rocky, grass, mud and sand turf, with only very few plants but a lot of of junk, maybe also something like Scrap Crabs.

Edited by Queron81
  • Like 1

i kinda think mosaic biome where the turf is mashed around is kinda suit the junk yard vibe rather them be in middle of forest that make the box kinda out of place.. but i also afraid that it generated way too close to the meteor fieldĀ :dispirited:Ā 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

Designwise, I question what is this scrap from, doesn't fit the setting at all, the trash is more advanced than what the pigs, rabbits and rabbits use; doesn't fit their collective use of wood

Em wagstaff? Is his junk yard

1 minute ago, arubaro said:

Em wagstaff? Is his junk yard

Yeah, maybe the Junk got sucked into the Constant through the portal of the Voxola factory before it imploded.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Queron81 said:

Yeah, maybe the Junk got sucked into the Constant through the portal of the Voxola factory before it imploded.

Or maybe is where wagstaff drops all the junk from his inventions. He made a place to throw the rubbishĀ 

An idea for a Junk Yard Biome:

JunkYardBiome.jpg.5ee50501ee791bb40ac2232689dab135.jpg

I was thinking of something similar to the mosaic biome, but with several areas of mud turf with some more junk, as it is always very muddy on junkyards. Also with some Hound Mounds, as it would fit to a junkyard. As plants only some Twiggy Trees, maybe also some grave mounds, because there is also a lot of junk in there (trinkets, recipe cards, scrapbook pages etc.). Boulders only the regular ones. This biome could replace the empty one with all the forest turf.

• Like 16

3 hours ago, Queron81 said:

I was thinking of something similar to the mosaic biome, but with several areas of mud turf with some more junk, as it is always very muddy on junkyards. Also with some Hound Mounds, as it would fit to a junkyard. As plants only some Twiggy Trees, maybe also some grave mounds, because there is also a lot of junk in there (trinkets, recipe cards, scrapbook pages etc.). Boulders only the regular ones. This biome could replace the empty one with all the forest turf.

this goes hard, i absolutely love it.

I really hope klei moves the setpiece to a rocky biome. Forests already have enough stuff in them. Give some love to the rock biomes.

New turf would be amazing aswell.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Queron81 said:

It re-uses old stuff, but still looks extremely nice. I love it. It works so well.

• Like 1

queron already posted an expanded junkyard idea but i am a serial idea stealer so i made my own version of a larger junkyardimage.jpeg.c7a914a9a80df095171ad299803773ee.jpeg

personally while queron's take is something that would look cool to see in game the shift from "near-complete wilderness" to "biome sized scrapheap" is a bit too much for me which is why my idea is mostly just extending the klei version and adding some turf variety (just adding muddy turf beneath the scrap piles would do wonders for the current version) and a little bit of road near wagstaff's tools so its not a complete sea of orange and light gray

even though my take on a junkyard expansion is quite basic i think its an improvement

• Like 4