Junk Yard asthetic suggestions

I feel like it should be larger to look less out of place. The current part of the junkyard would be the centerpiece the werepig guards, more things can be added to surround the parimeter.

It can also have its own unique turf too. It would be more like a biome almost.

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

1 minute ago, SSneaky said:

i second this.

The barren turf looks pretty out of place so i hope it is added.

A steampunk turf (is what i think it will look like) would be great for bases too.

• Like 9

20 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

steampunk

most things related to scrap have wagpunk in their name in the files

Edited by grm9
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

The barren turf looks pretty out of place so i hope it is added.

A steampunk turf (is what i think it will look like) would be great for bases too.

But is a junkyard, it fits to have no turf. Giving it steampunk turf or whatever would make no sense and look out of place

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, arubaro said:

But is a junkyard, it fits to have no turf. Giving it steampunk turf or whatever would make no sense and look out of place

Scrappy turf is what i mean. A bunch of scrap metal as turf.

Also it looks ugly and out of place with barren turf.

Edited by Jakepeng99
  • Like 6

Bring back the scrapped Tesla Trees and the Clockwork Spiders… they scream that they need to be in this biome.

But… and as I just pointed out in another thread, Klei has to make these things intentionally small set pieces so that they can Retro-Fit into players 50’000 day old worlds.

(seriously I want actual comparisons of what worlds that existed before the ocean existed looks like compared to what worlds created after the ocean was added looks like.)

Anyway the point I’m trying to make here is that instead of being a small set piece this could’ve been a larger actual biome, and the Tesla Trees and Clockwork Spiders would’ve looked pleasant & fitting within in this biome.

• Like 8
  • Wavey 1
  • Spooky 1

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

But… and as I just pointed out in another thread, Klei has to make these things intentionally small set pieces so that they can Retro-Fit into players 50’000 day old worlds.

Again your dumb crusade against people that know how to play the game

They made the set piece "small" so in the future they can keep adding stuff rather than filling an entire biome with something that wont be that interesting. Do you want to keep the design of multiple screens of just grass and a couple of beefalo herds or an alive world filled with stuff to explore?

Also the yard is the arena, is interesting to have less space to fight the werepig

• Like 6

I also hope there will be a world gen option to have it not spawn. I personally don't like having a random junkyard in the middle of the wilderness.

• Like 1
  • Health 1

5 hours ago, IAmAFurrz said:

also the big pile has the issue of repeating 1 sprite a lot of times which really bothered me when i first saw it (still do)

It's unfinished!
I expect there for be multiple stages and forms.

8 minutes ago, . . . said:

I also hope there will be a world gen option to have it not spawn. I personally don't like having a random junkyard in the middle of the wilderness.

I'm almost certain it will, like with the stage.

I'm not too big on permanent set pieces that spawn in day 1 either, but I at least do like how the junkyard looks compared to the Stage.
Either way, if it's anything similar, there'd be a toggle for it.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

I feel like it should be larger to look less out of place. The current part of the junkyard would be the centerpiece the werepig guards, more things can be added to surround the parimeter.

It can also have its own unique turf too. It would be more like a biome almost.

New turf and new junkyard decorations, machines and automations. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

Kinda sucks if so since it is harming the game.

Dont believe such non sense. Why would matter having a 6x6 set piece instead of a 8x8 set piece when retro-fitting checks if there are builds nearby? Nobody has the entire map build and if so, i think nobody would complain if they need to create a new world to enjoy new cool stuff

He is just looking for fantasy enemies to blame because nobody wants his horrible ideas like off screen wildfires

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, arubaro said:

Nobody has the entire map build

tbf people do because rifts, signs across the entire world for preventing spawns

• Big Ups 1

9 minutes ago, grm9 said:

tbf people do because rifts, signs across the entire world for preventing spawns

Oh ye, that amazing mechanic that brings tons of materi... i mean challenges, tons of challenge. I love how barren looks my map, is so beauty..

I bet set pieces can choose a spot if everything is filled like how rifts and klaus sack force their spawn when all the spawn points are covered. Anyway, the set pieces and moonquay biome arent small because his dumb claim

• Haha 1

I saw a thread where someone doubted anyone would get excited over a junkyard. But this thread and my excitement for this beta disproves that

Also the scrap piles should sometimes release some sparks 

• Like 3

On 3/1/2024 at 6:42 PM, Mike23Ua said:

Retro fitting the archifves wasn't like this tho

• Like 1

On 3/1/2024 at 5:42 PM, Mike23Ua said:

Bring back the scrapped Tesla Trees and the Clockwork Spiders… they scream that they need to be in this biome.

Its been ages since we have had a new mainland biome. A junkyard biome could be cool. It would be in one of the rockyland biomes.

• Like 2
  • Health 1

2 hours ago, MidasHow said:

Any chances for unique turf, Klei? : <
Looks a bit out of place, but other than that, i really like the new mini-biome!

A new turf with a new buff or a new kind of cobblestone turf. 

• Like 1