Crab King is amazing. Thank you Klei!

Some people here saying datamining while I'm here using a compass lol. Some people saying the design is bad but all gems are doable. Some people saying that the fight sucks because they can't see music, boss art, enemy interactions and situational boss (you have the whole world to prepare for the fight).

4 minutes ago, Yuuko said:

The only thing about the fight that is hard is dealing with its healing.  Without this the fight is alright.  idk about "good," but its alright

Just do 2 uses of weather pain and he can't heal. Alternatively you can attack at the right time and the heals will cancel, you just need practice. You can also freeze him forever with a bunch of flingos. You can also use wickerbottom bees instead of regular bee mines, so you can interacr with the fight. You can also play wormwood so bees don't attack you, you can use 2 boats and gunpowder lol.

12 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

It is a matter of practice. KLEI please do not nerf or alter this boss, it is a hard boss that people can't seem to enjoy it. 

Imagine if elden ring reduced a boss health because little twinkly stars were having to drink more mocca capuccino to be energized for the fight and use their grey matter.

We're stating that the boss fight mechanics are bad, and asking for a rework since would be very nice especially if the fight will become more enjoyable. That doesn't necessarily mean they have to nerf the thing, Klei can even make the fight harder so long as its more intuitive and enjoyable. 

You wanting things to remain as they are because people don't enjoy it sounds extremely spiteful.

The game isn't Elden ring, Klei have history with updating boss fights (Ancient Guardian). Adding insults to your comment doesn't improve whatever point you wrote in it, it just makes you less credible (Fromsoft also adjusted Balteus in Armored Core 6, lmao)

Fight hard? Cheese.

Don't wanna cheese, learn.

You think boss loot trash? Don't use it. I myself think it helps with uprooting kelp which would be way harder otherwise without it.

The boss literally allows you to enter end game. The rewards for killing him is late game content.

Every time I open rifts I think about everything I did and all the steps I had to take to get into that point, and it really amazes me. I get an insane feeling of joy. All the hard working that went into hermit crab quests, ruins and archives investigation, moon stone strategies and defenses, all the time using gold tools to now finally use fixable ones. All the time suffering night to then have permanent full moons.

Guys, we have to enjoy the ride, stop rushing the ruins and actually enjoy the game. If you rush anything or any progress you will get frustrated at one point.

10 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

you just need practice.

Its been said a lot in this thread... and yet it still seems to need repeating...

The problem is not beating the boss.

Yes you can use an ice staff to freeze him, you can use board to repair your boat, you can use weather pains or other things to disrupt healing.

This is about as impressive as using a wall for Dfly.  Yes its a valid strat, but don't expect any pats on the back for using it lol.

I beat Crab King in every run through the game since rifts open b/c suddenly I need to defeat CC, so I defeat CK.  I had done him before this, but not much because it is not a fun fight.  It is now a requirement for content, and becomes a sore spot for that.

I should clarify - when I say "the only thing about the fight that is hard is dealing with its healing" I do mean specifically attacking it to break it.  Using a weather pain is very easy, but is also something I don't like to do.  Similarly when I fight AFW I don't use weather pain, I kite AFW around the arena so that he doesn't eat shadows.  It is more fun doing it this way imo

1 minute ago, Swiyss said:

Fight hard? Cheese.

Don't wanna cheese, learn.

You think boss loot trash? Don't use it. I myself think it helps with uprooting kelp which would be way harder otherwise without it.

The boss literally allows you to enter end game. The rewards for killing him is late game content.

Every time I open rifts I think about everything I did and all the steps I had to take to get into that point, and it really amazes me. I get an insane feeling of joy. All the hard working that went into hermit crab quests, ruins and archives investigation, moon stone strategies and defenses, all the time using gold tools to now finally use fixable ones. All the time suffering night to then have permanent full moons.

Guys, we have to enjoy the ride, stop rushing the ruins and actually enjoy the game. If you rush anything or any progress you will get frustrated at one point.

Are you really that resistant to improvement? 

For the cave rifts yeah, but for the surface rifts I'm more like "Finally that nonsense is over with, now onto ... oh yeah, more nonsense."

Truly despise surface rifts, BS plants and gear, and most of that whole quest line.

Just now, mykenception said:

Are you really that resistant to improvement? 

It's just that I never had a problem with him. And all problems I read in this entire thread right now is in peoples perspective in my opinion. So if you cannot change that, don't try to ruin fun for me while the boss is still hard and enjoyable.

I always kill him purple gems with ice staff and weather pain. But I might change to other gems to try it every once in a while just to spice things up. I could eat warly buff and make him wet and play wolfgang. Really guys, the boss is not a design problem.

3 minutes ago, Yuuko said:

For the cave rifts yeah, but for the surface rifts I'm more like "Finally that nonsense is over with, now onto ... oh yeah, more nonsense."

Truly despise surface rifts, BS plants and gear, and most of that whole quest line.

If you change your perspective, suddenly the game is perfect. Like it was before I entered the forums. I just came here to help in the willow skill tree lol.

I got contaminated.

1 minute ago, Yuuko said:

Speaking of which, do you think an update to caves in general will be expected this year? After all, I feel like they have plans for them if they were deemed worthy of having rift content there.

I'm personally more of a fan of the aesthetics of the shadow rift content, so hopefully more will be added to be at least of equal impact as the lunar side of things. 

Is there anything about the shadow rift content you actually like (ignoring planar-related aspects since I know you hate that), or do you simply find it more tolerable than the lunar side?

Just now, Swiyss said:

It's just that I never had a problem with him. And all problems I read in this entire thread right now is in peoples perspective in my opinion. So if you cannot change that, don't try to ruin fun for me while the boss is still hard and enjoyable.

I always kill him purple gems with ice staff and weather pain. But I might change to other gems to try it every once in a while just to spice things up. I could eat warly buff and make him wet and play wolfgang. Really guys, the boss is not a design problem.

then that is your opinion, don't clown on others for asking improvements in the game

10 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

So does Ancient Guardian, and Nightmare Werepig

but look at their loot

For me, the boss was always fun. You can use bees and he turns into a joke. You can use sea barnacle spitters and the boss dies easily too.

I always kill the ancient fuelweaver legitimately, whether I'm playing as Wilson or Maxwell. Then the second times I always kill him on the clock after clearing the ruins with wx78, and I use 4 plant bulbs to cheese him. I go make some popcorn and watch him die easily while I talk to my friends, is super fun and easy. If I feel like I want a challenge, I try killing him with wes. All of these comments almost every single one of them are jusy perspective issues. Why didn't you guys complained when the boss was in beta? Sure it changed I know, but it was still hard.

2 minutes ago, mykenception said:

don't clown on others for asking improvements in the game

Your "improvement" means what? Reducing claw hp? That's not fair since it affects me.

Your "improvement" means what? Reducing claw hp? That's not fair since it affects me.

since you don't want changes in the boss because "it's completely fine as it is", any suggestions we make here will touch your "experience" of beating a hard boss

idk, maybe feeling that it'll be unfair to you is just a perspective issue

3 minutes ago, mykenception said:

So does Ancient Guardian, and Nightmare Werepig

but look at their loot

Some folks were complaining how there are little to no ways to farm broken shells, well there we go!

Also as I said it before, the trident is great for his damage on water + drawning monkeys + uprooting kelp + attracting ocean beasts + fishing close to land + fishing farms. You can get 100% of AG loot in the lab and ruins already lol. You can craft shadow rook, bishop and pawn with magic tier 2 lol. Nightmare werepig armor is actually very good.

3 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

If you change your perspective, suddenly the game is perfect. Like it was before I entered the forums. I just came here to help in the willow skill tree lol.

I got contaminated.

When something is optional like Toad its easy to say "I don't like this boss, so I won't do it."  But when we're talking about a major quest line, and a whole chain of events...  Well if it actually ALL turns out to be bad I can just ignore it, but if its not then I have to slog through it ALL to get the few things that are interesting.  Right now the only interesting things from this arc are the scythe and umbralla.  Easy enough to just turn on cave rifts, take what I want and go back to ignoring the absolutely awful experience that is Pearl's chores, CK fight, and BS infestation.  BUT the content is not done yet, so I play through to be familiar with it as things progress.

But really, ignoring such a large block of new content...  is just 1 step away from quitting.  At first NMWP was nice, but now it seems every boss is some "dodge the big attack" and "get the 5 second stun" cycle, and designed to kill any creative solutions that might vary the fight some...  If the game is going to try and be about combat like that, there are MUCH better games to play.

1 minute ago, mykenception said:

idk, maybe feeling that it'll be unfair to you is just a perspective issue

Yeah I'm 100% ok with facing it if that's the inevitable case. However that's not the case.

"an example" of what I can think of is how the Uncomp mod (massive respect for the modders) changed the boss fight

it actually adds the boat mechanics into the equation.

this is just an example, Klei has proven their creativity so I would definitely be excited for any news if they decide to rework on the CK fight

2 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

Some folks were complaining how there are little to no ways to farm broken shells, well there we go!

Also as I said it before, the trident is great for his damage on water + drawning monkeys + uprooting kelp + attracting ocean beasts + fishing close to land + fishing farms. You can get 100% of AG loot in the lab and ruins already lol. You can craft shadow rook, bishop and pawn with magic tier 2 lol. Nightmare werepig armor is actually very good.

are you seriously saying CK's current loot of shells, barnacles, meat and a blueprint for a mediocre weapon is on par with the ruins loot AG gives, the Dreadstone set NW offers?

it's next to nothing, even a night armor and dark sword is better than that

2 minutes ago, Yuuko said:

When something is optional like Toad its easy to say "I don't like this boss, so I won't do it."  But when we're talking about a major quest line, and a whole chain of events...  Well if it actually ALL turns out to be bad I can just ignore it, but if its not then I have to slog through it ALL to get the few things that are interesting.  Right now the only interesting things from this arc are the scythe and umbralla.  Easy enough to just turn on cave rifts, take what I want and go back to ignoring the absolutely awful experience that is Pearl's chores, CK fight, and BS infestation.  BUT the content is not done yet, so I play through to be familiar with it as things progress.

But really, ignoring such a large block of new content...  is just 1 step away from quitting.  At first NMWP was nice, but now it seems every boss is some "dodge the big attack" and "get the 5 second stun" cycle, and designed to kill any creative solutions that might vary the fight some...  If the game is going to try and be about combat like that, there are MUCH better games to play.

Like bro, you need to understand. I didn't think the game has any flaws before coming here. The flaws it has are easily beaten with knowledge and grinding. Sure it is nice to get 4 turfs instead of 1 when crafting it, but I never ever complained before that, so it wasn't an issue to be. I realized that bringing these issues up just screws your mental into thinking the game is somewhat bad in certain areas. As I'm telling you right now by experience, I had 0 problems with the game since 9 years of constant playing. And only after I get the idea that these are a problem is when I start to PERCEIVE them as problems. Do you get what I'm saying? Only thing I think they did wrong was to remove diseases instead of reworking. Removing features is never great for the game. But then they added Brightshades and they are perfect with new mechanics with herds and placements. I have to be more careful now and all. It is very cool.

Gotta be more positive yn. Just try to enjoy the fight for once. Take a hot shower, eat some snacks and actually BREATH content instead of swallowing it like it will run out.

• Potato Cup 2

6 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

Yeah I'm 100% ok with facing it if that's the inevitable case. However that's not the case.

so whats the difference between our opinion and your opinion since its all depends on perspective? how is it fine for you to say the boss fight is fine and us saying it's not isn't fine?

17 minutes ago, mykenception said:

"an example" of what I can think of is how the Uncomp mod (massive respect for the modders) changed the boss fight

it actually adds the boat mechanics into the equation.

this is just an example, Klei has proven their creativity so I would definitely be excited for any news if they decide to rework on the CK fight

are you seriously saying CK's current loot of shells, barnacles, meat and a blueprint for a mediocre weapon is on par with the ruins loot AG gives, the Dreadstone set NW offers?

it's next to nothing, even a night armor and dark sword is better than that

Nah im not saying that. Thats copium. Ag and nmwp are way easier bosses with better drops. But not everything has to be the best drop ever etc. Misery does what it means, give you placeable light, that's it. Crab king gives you what I said there, thats is it.

10 minutes ago, mykenception said:

so whats the difference between our opinion and your opinion since its all depends on perspective? how is it fine for you to say the boss fight is fine and us saying it's not isn't fine?

Me say boss fine

You say boss no fine

Nice we agree to disagree

Klei says boss no fine and changes = me sad you happy. You won nice! Strike!

Klei says boss fine = me happy you sad. I won nice! Strike!

We agree to disagree. I gave you my perspective and this one in particular I won't change.

I will still tell you why I think this way about this boss in particular. Again, I never had a problem with him.

And I feel joy when reaping what I sowed from killing him when I get to late game. And no matter how many 200x I do it, it is always an enjoyable dst standard experience.

And matter fact, I'm still yet to hear a good solution/ fix for this "problem" you guys are having.

I don't see any ideas.

No one pin pointed a solution I think. Not one doable.

Edited by Swiyss

Nah im not saying that. Thats copium. Ag and nmwp are way easier bosses with better drops. But not everything has to be the best drop ever etc. Misery does what it means, give you placeable light, that's it. Crab king gives you what I said there, thats is it.

so CK's drop is garbage, making it better won't make the game bad for your experience

Are we not allowed to ask for better drops from a harder boss when you compare it to it's peers it's basically next to nothing?

Misery's drop is legit a tool for infinte light and a way for duping it, plus the materials you need for it is easy to obtain whereas the trident aren't.

I have never met an artist say their art is perfect. They always strive to find ways improve it. Being resistant to new ways will lead to stagnation 

7 minutes ago, mykenception said:

so CK's drop is garbage, making it better won't make the game bad for your experience

Are we not allowed to ask for better drops from a harder boss when you compare it to it's peers it's basically next to nothing?

Misery's drop is legit a tool for infinte light and a way for duping it, plus the materials you need for it is easy to obtain whereas the trident aren't.

I have never met an artist say their art is perfect. They always strive to find ways improve it. Being resistant to new ways will lead to stagnation 

Ok give me solutions then. Hurry.

Give me suggestions.

Give me ideas.

Don't just spew things without backing it up. I don't see a better loot being added, sure ocean boots are nice to have, but not necessary. Do you want them to add something that eases survival or something necessary for progression on top of the already existent celestial tribute under him.

25 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

Ok give me solutions then. Hurry.

Give me suggestions.

Give me ideas.

Don't just spew things without backing it up. I don't see a better loot being added, sure ocean boots are nice to have, but not necessary. Do you want them to add something that eases survival or something necessary for progression on top of the already existent celestial tribute under him.

Screenshot_20240224-163831_Chrome.png

Screenshot_20240224-164826_Chrome.png

28 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

give me solutions then

I'll give my solutions to Klei, you're not a dev. You mocking people by calling them little twinky stars means there's little to no point proving anything to you. At least Mike can make sound judgements even when they think quite outside the box

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mykenception said:

Screenshot_20240224-163831_Chrome.png

Screenshot_20240224-164826_Chrome.png

I'll give my solutions to Klei, you're not a dev. You mocking people by calling them little twinky stars means there's little to no point proving anything to you. At least Mike can make sound judgements even when they think quite outside the box

Removing claws is awful, we already have gem multipliers. But I do agree that gems in the trident would be amazing. It is a gem boss, makes sense too.

4 hours ago, Swiyss said:

Removing claws is awful, we already have gem multipliers. But I do agree that gems in the trident would be amazing. It is a gem boss, makes sense too.

They shouldn't remove claws but instead nerf them to oblivion. They are so overtuned, they are a pain for a character without damage buffs.