[Game Update] - 588693

• Developer

Changes

• Controllers will now focus the nearest Crab King claw if there are multiple claws having split focus.
  • You will no longer get right-click actions for “Examine” or “Walk To” when you have a right-click weapon ability available (e.g. Elding Spear’s Lightning Strike).
  • Willow’s Flame Cast ability will now activate Burning Bernie.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed ice boats catching on fire.
  • Fixed floating fx not eroding when its owner erodes.
  • Fixed some crashes and desyncs related to teleporting off of boats.
  • Fixed BERNIE! attacking players when hit with Brightshade Bombs.
  • Fixed some art bugs with BERNIE!
  • Willow’s Shadow Fire will no longer target non-hostile shadow creatures.
  • Fixed range on Willow’s Lighter sfx when it stops absorbing fire.
  • Fixed range on Varg’s sleeping sfx.
  • Fixed bug where you would attack with a Howlitzer while mounted even when it has no ammo.
  • Fixed bug where Immaculate Lamb Idol may drop an extra Charcoal every time the world is loaded.
  • Fixed double-click not working in the Browse Games screen.
  • Fixed auto-repeat crafting not working for pinned recipe tabs.
  • Fixed an integrated backpack UI crash sometimes when crafting out of a container.
  • Fixed Willow being able to unlock multiple skills bypassing the skill tree locks.
  • Fixed Willow’s Masquerade skin having red teeth when yawning.
  • Fixed Fused Shadelings leaving behind entities on death.
  • Fixed typo for receive in some strings.
  • Fixed Wanda’s Naturalist Tunic skin not stretching wider when Wanda is old.
  • Fixed Walter’s Crooked Cap skin having an overhang in the front view.
  • Fixed Wigfrid’s Straw-Stuffed skin having hair stick out through some hats.
  • Fixed Woodie’s Masquerade skin having hair stick out through some hats.
  • Fixed art on the Ice Boats and the Ice Fishing Hole having different border colours to the Ice Island.
  • Fixed Pearl starting two timers when sitting on a chair.

Notes for Modders

• Fixed SetPreventUnequipping not setting the netvar correctly when it was false.
  • Fixed a node name in Pearl’s brain for “stop umbrella” which is now properly “stop coat”.

View full update

• Like 35

• Developer
1 minute ago, _zwb said:

Is this the one making your screen very bright?

There were many outcomes to the desync state ranging from making the screen bright, losing the minimap, the player's screen going black. Please let us know if there are any more instances of this happening after today's hotfix.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Some stealth changes I've noticed:

• There's a change in recipe descriptions of Wigfrid's songs, their description now matches their effects.
  • The Above-Average Tree Trunk and The Great Tree Trubk are no longer be affected by boat physics, same way how crab king is no affected by boat physics.
  • Boat, boat bumpers, rudders, whirlpools, and wavy jones have their rendering order changed.
  • Slipping up on ice now has a special sound effect, previously it's the same as falling on regular ground.

Also a weird thing I've noticed, in winch.lua someone wrote "boat = boat", which just assigns the value of boat to itself, it's now removed.

How did that line even made into the released build? Surely there has to be some kind of code review before they put it into the game? Right Klei? Right...?:wilson_curious:

Edited by _zwb
  • Like 9
  • Spooky 1

Heya, any chance controlled fires can still be looked into? I'm still hoping for a way to get wild fires without needing to spend points into fireball or other skills right now.
It's one of the few things still messing me up in gameplay, I'm having such a hard time getting used to it still.

• Like 3
  • Sanity 1

1 hour ago, _zwb said:

Some stealth changes I've noticed:

• There's a change in recipe descriptions of Wigfrid's songs, their description now matches their effects.
  • The Above-Average Tree Trunk and The Great Tree Trubk are no longer be affected by boat physics, same way how crab king is no affected by boat physics.
  • Boat, boat bumpers, rudders, whirlpools, and wavy jones have their rendering order changed.
  • Slipping up on ice now has a special sound effect, previously it's the same as falling on regular ground.

Also a weird thing I've noticed, in winch.lua someone wrote "boat = boat", which just assigns the value of boat to itself, it's now removed.

How did that line even made into the released build? Surely there has to be some kind of code review before they put it into the game? Right Klei? Right...?:wilson_curious:

What does it means order changed and no longer affected by boat physics? Like, what impact does it has on the normal gameplay?

Edited by Milordo
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Milordo said:

What does it means order changed

A change in animation layering. They all move down by a layer I think, correct me if it's not.

4 minutes ago, Milordo said:

no longer affected by boat physics? Like, what impact does it has on the normal gameplay?

Previously you can use a boat to move the giant trees off screen just like how crab king can be moved during beta, now it's the same as a sea stack, you can't move it with a boat at all.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, JesseB_Klei said:

Willow’s Shadow Fire will no longer target non-hostile shadow creatures.

Praise Klei! This is a very good update. However, compared to the Moon Fire, the cost-effectiveness of Shadow Fire is still not high. Can you slightly increase the damage of Shadow Fire from the original 100 to 150? Generally speaking, Shadow Fire can only hit four, so even so, the damage will not be very high.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, zhangsheng said:

Praise Klei! This is a very good update. However, compared to the Moon Fire, the cost-effectiveness of Shadow Fire is still not high. Can you slightly increase the damage of Shadow Fire from the original 100 to 150? Generally speaking, Shadow Fire can only hit four, so even so, the damage will not be very high.

I'd really like it to be raised to 150, cause then it could one shot hounds. Not infinitely useful, but can be handy to deal with them quicker. 

• Like 2

After experiencing Willow, who has a skill book, the biggest feeling is that Willow is still a 1.0 attack character. Although Willow has more powerful abilities against ancient enemies in the early stages of owning new flames or burning Bernie(She can still do it before the update), she is still a 1.0 character for the vast majority of bosses except for the queen bee.

The burning Bernie is incompatible with both new flames, and Bernie's performance against the boss is very average. It can be said that the boss always attacks Willow instead of Bernie. After adding the CD, Moon Fire showed almost no performance except for specific bosses. Shadow Fire is even worse, as its output is not as good as Shadow Blade's Shadow Fire. After adding a CD, the output is even lower. And the vast majority of bosses are immune to combustion. So Willow is no different from a 1.0 character in playing bosses.

If CD must exist, I hope Klei can reduce it even less, such as Moon Fire for 9 seconds and Shadow Fire for 4 seconds, and then increase the damage of Shadow Fire by a little, such as rise from 100 to 150.

4 minutes ago, EATZYOWAFFLEZ said:

Why would they remove this clarification smh 

More information means less uncompromising survival game of all games, obviously we need less clarification ;)

• Haha 3
  • Spooky 1