Is the shark guy the starting point of a new biome?

I've never fought the shark before. Today, I visited his hole, and saw a small biome-like environment being set up. It looks like there is going to be a new biome?

Are we getting more sharkman around the shark king?

A winter biome with low ambient temperature?

Pengull all year around abandoning their babies?

A remote relative of Mactusk living there? New craftable ice turf for lower temperature?

Maybe shark vs monkey wars just like pigs vs spider native wars?

Maybe even befriend with sharkman to ride them on water?

lol. Kidding, that's probably too much.

• Like 3

I think is just a quick way to for klei to fix sailing arround the main island, nothing else

Which means that we won't get a world gen rework, rivers and other kind of more complicated solutions suggested while also he isn't related to anything about the rifts, the moon or anything else

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Big Ups 1

I think it's over, and even if we get more ocean cold themed biomes later it will have nothing to do with Frostjaw. This is the way the ocean always disappoints, a jumble of random ideas lack of interaction and each of them are not deep enough.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cassielu said:

This is the way the ocean always disappoints, a jumble of random ideas lack of interaction

This isn't always disappointing. If it gets saturated with enough decent "random" encounters to bump into you will have a good chance of getting at least one of them, not that it's ideal but better than nothing to respond to "the ocean is empty".

• Like 1

It makes me super sad to see him released with so... little. 
You fight him, trade fish, and then leave. I was certain he'd have those unused ally quotes used before going live.

I'm not expecting much else, maybe they'll come back and make him an ally, but otherwise I feel like with how the island currently works, it'd be safe not to expect too many unique things.

• Like 9