Wonkey Skill Tree?

I hope so. I love playing as Wonkey so sometimes I use questionable mods to see where the Moon Quay island is and rush there as Wolfgang, just to transform before day 3.

I made a thread awhile ago so I'll just copy and paste my ideas from that thread:

Spoiler

It would just be odd to implement if they want to keep Wonkey from being chosen at the start for whatever reason. Maybe have all other perks locked behind one perk called "Embracing the Moon Quay's Gift" or something which makes you a permanent Wonkey, and must be activated in order to choose them at the portal.

This would mean you initially need to be cursed in the normal way long enough to get the first insight point. From there you can have:

• Sailing branch: ability to craft bandana and wooden sword, more efficiency with boating equipment, and finally the ability to craft battle paddle and prime mate hat
  • Primate branch: ability to throw poop, decrease the time it takes to run in tiers, the last being near instant, etc.
  • Curse branch: making wonkey not auto pick up trinkets, being able to be handed trinkets by other players and turn them into just rope at the cost of sanity, general team based perks so it's not super annoying to fight powder monkeys if you have a Wonkey on your team
  • Shadow affinity: able to recruit splumonkeys for one banana each. Will follow you and fight for you, can have up to 4.
  • Lunar affinity: can give a banana to the Unnatural Portal to spawn a pirate powder monkey follower. They are generally weaker than splumonkeys in combat, but offer more utility. If you are on a boat with no sails but a steering wheel, they will paddle in the direction that you steer the boat, being faster than sails and far quicker to adjust direction. Getting off the wheel will make them paddle in whatever direction opposes current direction to make the boat stop nearly instantly. They will not assist you in paddling without a steering wheel so you can still travel slowly and carefully when approaching land. They can also fight but only do the damage of a wooden sword so it's not great. (I think it would be fun to get a pirate raid while you have your own little gang of pirate monkeys so you can battle on the seas). It goes without saying but they do not drop a trinket on death. Can have up to 4

Looking back, the only thing I would change is Wonkey's shadow affinity, as I think rather than shadow splumonkey followers, a cool interaction would be him periodically transforming into a shadow splumonkey version of himself.

Probably not since you can't select your skills on the character selection menu, Maybe you get all your insights at once when you become Wonkey that could work. But Wonkey is supposed to be a curse, it makes kiting harder since you are slower when you stop to hit, has bad stats, has no good upsides, you can say he is faster after a bit of walking but that's not a good tradeoff. Also if you happen to die in the base near the crucial structures, That's a nasty punishment for the people that don't pay attention. Good for trolling though.

I think better sailing is a no brainer, so faster mast raising/lowering, faster anchor lowering/raising, better paddling, patch boats more quickly, better HP gain when repairing the boat, lower penalty for drowning, less sanity loss while boating.

More monkey speed perhaps.

More hunger from bananas

Throw poop

Tail slot (can't be used while running)

Craft battle paddle

obtain additional palmcone seeds when chorping a palmcone tree

become neutral to splumonkies

16 hours ago, Dr. Safety said:

I hope so. I love playing as Wonkey so sometimes I use questionable mods to see where the Moon Quay island is and rush there as Wolfgang, just to transform before day 3.

I made a thread awhile ago so I'll just copy and paste my ideas from that thread:

Hide contents

It would just be odd to implement if they want to keep Wonkey from being chosen at the start for whatever reason. Maybe have all other perks locked behind one perk called "Embracing the Moon Quay's Gift" or something which makes you a permanent Wonkey, and must be activated in order to choose them at the portal.

This would mean you initially need to be cursed in the normal way long enough to get the first insight point. From there you can have:

• Sailing branch: ability to craft bandana and wooden sword, more efficiency with boating equipment, and finally the ability to craft battle paddle and prime mate hat
  • Primate branch: ability to throw poop, decrease the time it takes to run in tiers, the last being near instant, etc.
  • Curse branch: making wonkey not auto pick up trinkets, being able to be handed trinkets by other players and turn them into just rope at the cost of sanity, general team based perks so it's not super annoying to fight powder monkeys if you have a Wonkey on your team
  • Shadow affinity: able to recruit splumonkeys for one banana each. Will follow you and fight for you, can have up to 4.
  • Lunar affinity: can give a banana to the Unnatural Portal to spawn a pirate powder monkey follower. They are generally weaker than splumonkeys in combat, but offer more utility. If you are on a boat with no sails but a steering wheel, they will paddle in the direction that you steer the boat, being faster than sails and far quicker to adjust direction. Getting off the wheel will make them paddle in whatever direction opposes current direction to make the boat stop nearly instantly. They will not assist you in paddling without a steering wheel so you can still travel slowly and carefully when approaching land. They can also fight but only do the damage of a wooden sword so it's not great. (I think it would be fun to get a pirate raid while you have your own little gang of pirate monkeys so you can battle on the seas). It goes without saying but they do not drop a trinket on death. Can have up to 4

Looking back, the only thing I would change is Wonkey's shadow affinity, as I think rather than shadow splumonkey followers, a cool interaction would be him periodically transforming into a shadow splumonkey version of himself.

Maybe the shadow Wonkey would be a panic mode of sorts, maybe at low health and sanity in exchange for something else?

Wonkey only needs one skill:

- re-gain the original character's abilities and skill trees

Then some Wonkeys breath fire, some Wonkeys summon birds, some Wonkeys are gym rats, and some Wonkeys are just so loud.

World of Wonkey. (WoW)

Wonkey's only punishment is to not let you play the character you picked at the start. Also, a punishment for what? You have no way to avoid monkey trinkets once they drop. It's an annoyance rather than a punishment. So if people find this annoyance likeable, why not let them have a skill tree? I think it would open a new early game strategy, rushing monkee.

On 12/17/2023 at 3:42 PM, BalkanCockroach said:

Probably not since you can't select your skills on the character selection menu

That will be solved the day they add an item/structure to change skill points investment in-game. It's necessary.

On 12/17/2023 at 2:07 PM, Dr. Safety said:

a cool interaction would be him periodically transforming into a shadow splumonkey version of himself.

Maybe a reverse Woodie. The privatization of moon light causes him to slowly transform if he stays in the caves for too long, and at the surface, he transform during the nearest nights to new moons.

Archived