Does anyone else miss the old look for fire?

I haven't seen anyone talk about this so here we go. Does anyone kind of miss the old look for fire? I mean if i'm playing Willow and I am "the Firestarter" and my flames look all sad that's kinda depressing. I want to BURN THE WORLD TO THE GROUND not feel like it's just a couple flames here and there ya know? Now I don't DISlike the new look but idk it just feels a tad underwhelming which I get that's the point but idk. Plus I do still like the idea of fire looking more "controlled" with this perk but man I just wanna set a forest on fire and see it engulf into flames instead of burning them one by one by one.

Old:
image.jpeg.abd9f6e749f35134d460cb2ff7c559a7.jpeg

With Controlled fire perk:
image.jpeg.06512ce0f9877e5edae94ed1ccb5a6a5.jpeg

What do you guys think? Am I alone here or am I onto something?

While I kinda like the Controlled Burning’s fire I also think that it looks kind of… weak?
I mean I love it and all but the fire looks so small compared to the normal fires and it looks everything but natural. 
Like I just set that thing on fire and you tell me that that thing with those little candle flames that keep appearing from nowhere and disappearing into nothing are actually going to burn down anything at all. 
The normal fire’s look makes sense since the object is almost completely engulfed in flames while the controlled fire  just leaves behind kind of like traces of a fire which is like asking for an ice cream to be dipped in sprinkles and then only getting a pinch of it sprinkled on top (it’s just not quite enough). 
I would be fine with it if there were like twice the amount of flames in animation. It would still give off the controlled fire feeling while not feeling so lackluster.

Not alone! I felt really sad about this too! Seeing our funny little pyromanic firestarter start out such weak fires. It's not for any proper gameplay advantage but I'd like to be able to light the regular fires more conveniently.

(Part of me was really hoping they'd take another angle on improving Willow rather than the obvious and stated ideas of controlled fires but alas!)

I do much prefer the strong and wild look of the wild fires. I made a post about them, too. They can stay to help tell the difference between a wild and a controlled fire but they could really use some stronger looking visuals and a bit more of a subtle loop.
Something else that bugs me is that they don't really fit on a lot of smaller objects, too. Normal Fires seem to have at least 3 different sizes and these feel like they've only got the one.

In the real world, there's something called a methanol fire.

In racing, a popular fuel that is used is methanol and at a higher rev range, it's better for the engines than gasoline

One of the huge dangers of methanol is that in burns invisible in the daytime. 

There was an incident on a racetrack where a racer was set on fire by methanol and people in the crowd were laughing as the racer flailed about. The father knew something was wrong from the get go, and he rushed over to his son with a fire extinguisher.

Many found out that day that the racer wasn't faking and he had suffered burns all over his face and body. It's a bit of a horror story.

I like to call controlled burning methanol fires to myself

Archived