Rushin the ruins as new willow is so easy I could do it with my eyes closed.

So basically, 

Monkeys getting stunlocked and fried alive gave me enough embers for the whole trip

Ag got easier with her star caller

Bishops, knights and rooks are a piece of cake onfire

Shadow creatures can't hit with bearnie alive, same as shadow splumonkeys

Her lighter is a lantern now

Even if it bugs sometimes now, the combustion perk has so much range that you can hit spiders and knights in the labyrinth from across terrain.

I think we got a new candidate for rushing the ruins, maybe wx still better, but we'll see about that when the beta ends.

Feel free to add any technique in the comments I didn't already commented here. Anything mechanic willow related.

too bad, even without the spell i can ruin rush with any character i can torch bishop and tank a bit of fire damage. i think many people already done that,
why dealing with monkeys for ambers if u can just make cheap moggles. i think u should play more instead of basing everything on theory. its not even that OP.

7 hours ago, Swiyss said:

maybe wx still better

WX was never better because you can just bring blue shrooms instead of gears as any other character and you don't need to take that much damage if you aren't trying to mine the statues protected by bishops (which are 1 statue in 5 statues 4 nightmare lights setpiece and 2 statues in 8 statues setpiece) and getting sanity from gears is detrimental unless you have enough nightmare fuel, also, what's the point of rating specifically how good a character is at doing ruins even though you'll do something other than ruins for the rest of the playthrough and any character can do them about as quickly as anyone else unlike e.g. cheeseless BQ 

knights and rooks are a piece of cake onfire

why are you fighting them 

Even if it bugs sometimes now, the combustion perk has so much range that you can hit spiders and knights in the labyrinth from across terrain

why are you fighting them 

Ag got easier with her star caller

doesn't save much time since everyone else can use magi 

6 hours ago, prettynuggets said:

why dealing with monkeys for ambers if u can just make cheap moggles

how are moggles related to this, it's better to use the map to see monkey spawners and kill monkeys with a rook and recognize which setpiece is this to know where the clockworks are 

34 minutes ago, grm9 said:

how are moggles related to this, it's better to use the map to see monkey spawners and kill monkeys with a rook and recognize which setpiece is this to know where the clockworks are

well OP said u can farm monkey easily for ambers because the spell is easy to get ruin rushed.  lighter and spell is fueled by ambers, OP said she will use the cheap star caller spell,combustion spell while at that. i think it far more easy just make one moggles than dealing with monkeys to get ambers for spamming spells or taking lighther out for whole trip. 

4 hours ago, Swiyss said:

Monkeys getting stunlocked and fried alive gave me enough embers for the whole trip

42 minutes ago, grm9 said:

and recognize which setpiece is this to know where the clockworks are 

smh.. i heard this once from people and then realized they just use night vision mod .. talking about reading map but actually just have broken mods

Just now, prettynuggets said:

smh.. i heard this once from people and then realized they just use night vision mod .. talking about reading map but actually just have broken mods

why do you think everyone do that with no exceptions 

3 minutes ago, prettynuggets said:

well OP said u can farm monkey easily for ambers because the spell is easy to get ruin rushed.  lighter and spell is fueled by ambers, OP said she will use the cheap star caller spell,combustion spell while at that. i think it far more easy just make one moggles than dealing with monkeys to get ambers for spamming spells or taking lighther out for whole trip

just use lantern 

Willow was always op at ruins rushing. She was the only character that could quickly tank kill armies of shadow creatures during the nightmare phase with bernie. Plus she was always one of the best characters after u spawn, find closest cave entrance and start exploring caves from the first 1-2mins.

You guys only figuring that out now? Lol

1 minute ago, Gashzer said:

Willow was always op at ruins rushing. She was the only character that could quickly tank kill armies of shadow creatures during the nightmare phase with bernie. Plus she was always one of the best characters after u spawn, find closest cave entrance and start exploring caves from the first 1-2mins.

Definitely not as easy as it is now. But before I would just start most of my worlds as wendy.

I would rush the ruins for essential op stuff for bosses, kill BQ and Dfly. Then after FW I would just focus on trying to change to wormwood, wilson, willow or wx78. Sometimes I did wicker and crafted all of her books and then changed to max for late game, but I can always change to wicker later, so for me, midgame always felt like a peaceful yet hard place to be, so these were my favorite chars.

But now I think the meta will change, I can no longer be tied to wendy, that's amazing.

That's why it's cool that every character has it's advantages and disadvantages.

Just use Wendy to destroy splumunkeys, or WX, or be Maxwell, use Wormwoods skill tree bramble traps(or use the vanilla ones, they work on monkeys) or...

Just ignore them like I do. Usually they're contained within their own biome and very rarely chase you, and if they do it's only a few stragglers that you can easily kill once they turn.

48 minutes ago, cropo said:

Just use Wendy to destroy splumunkeys, or WX, or be Maxwell, use Wormwoods skill tree bramble traps(or use the vanilla ones, they work on monkeys) or...

Just ignore them like I do. Usually they're contained within their own biome and very rarely chase you, and if they do it's only a few stragglers that you can easily kill once they turn.

Yeah I only mentioned the monkeys to farm embers. It's easy to use them for ember farming, easier than i thought.

17 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

Yeah I only mentioned the monkeys to farm embers. It's easy to use them for ember farming, easier than i thought.

I'd argue their role, once you learn to kill them en-masse, is for mass farming so that makes sense lol.

12 minutes ago, Antynomity said:

Maybe you're too bad XD?

sure sure pro.

but im sure i use moggles because i hate spending too much time on cave early on . especially if u just wandering for days because wrong biome on wonky cave generation. 
if i rushing i tend to find faster way to ag with moggles. and i dont need magi to fight. if i find star caller in the chest ill just go back up :-D i dont need walking aimlessly to search for gems for magi or extra thule . even after getting ag killed i can get pearl quest finish by first autumn. 
why would i stuck days in cave ruin rushing just because i wandering too long searching right branch or getting super far labirinth generation just because im too lazy to make moggles :p

37 minutes ago, prettynuggets said:

sure sure pro.

but im sure i use moggles because i hate spending too much time on cave early on . especially if u just wandering for days because wrong biome on wonky cave generation. 
if i rushing i tend to find faster way to ag with moggles. and i dont need magi to fight. if i find star caller in the chest ill just go back up :-D i dont need walking aimlessly to search for gems for magi or extra thule . even after getting ag killed i can get pearl quest finish by first autumn. 
why would i stuck days in cave ruin rushing just because i wandering too long searching right branch or getting super far labirinth generation just because im too lazy to make moggles :p

you can look at the map to know where AG's muddy turf, muddy turf at the start of muddy or lichen at the start of ruins is without needing to get moggles 

2 hours ago, Picklesaurus said:

Can you take a print of this one to me? I'd be really grateful. :lemo:

is that a joke about it being too obvious that the unsafe one is the one with the bishop sitting near it 

14 minutes ago, grm9 said:

is that a joke about it being too obvious that the unsafe one is the one with the bishop sitting near it 

It was not a joke, I just want to see what this setpiece you mentioned looked like because sometimes when I rush I skip some statues thinking it'll aggro a bishop I can't see in the dark. I want to see what this setpiece you mentioned looks like so I can pay better atention to it instead of leaving more thule statues behind than I should.

24 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Personally I never saw the point in rushing the ruins but if we're talking about who has the safest of the ruins runs I'd definitely give it to Woodie don't get me wrong new Willow is quite strong but nothing outrageous from my testing just a bit cheesy in some areas.

getting the best loot of the game, magi, start caller, long durability 90%armor, pick/axe for daywalker... and is funnier to start exploring a difficult area

1 minute ago, arubaro said:

getting the best loot of the game, magi, start caller, long durability 90%armor, pick/axe for daywalker... and is funnier to start exploring a difficult area

Yea but I'm the type to prepare before hand rather than rush not like we need the stuff immediately and there's usually other things more worth doing before hand like setting up a functional base which also doesn't take long at all.

3 hours ago, Gashzer said:

Isnt that the funniest? Despite farming embers [that she didnt need before skill tree] all the chores they mentioned she already did excel and Im like ??????????? ok

Its like people are discovering fire stun mechanics just now...

3 hours ago, Gashzer said:

define armies because without a sewing kit bernie dies pretty quick and exploring to find hound mounds and time plus the time bernie makes you waste

your claims when comes to "op characters" are really debatable...

2 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Yea but I'm the type to prepare before hand rather than rush not like we need the stuff immediately and there's usually other things more worth doing before hand like setting up a functional base which also doesn't take long at all.

but you can set the funtional base after, you dont really need anything else than a couple of crockpots and alchemy+shadow manipulator to beat the game, for that im so biased against destruction

killing klaus 1st winter can be the best reward, only beaten by getting bundle wrap from BQ (which klaus can also drop)

11 minutes ago, Picklesaurus said:

It was not a joke, I just want to see what this setpiece you mentioned looked like because sometimes when I rush I skip some statues thinking it'll aggro a bishop I can't see in the dark. I want to see what this setpiece you mentioned looks like so I can pay better atention to it instead of leaving more thule statues behind than I should.

sorry then, i meant this one, as you can see only the statue at the top on the right is close enough for the bishop to aggro when you're trying to mine the statue 20231207151624_1.jpg.947139172be534b8480485d4249e74da.jpg

Archived