Rushin the ruins as new willow is so easy I could do it with my eyes closed.

3 minutes ago, arubaro said:

you can kite her..

it takes like 30 minutes if you do it through only kiting with default damage multiplier 

5 minutes ago, prettynuggets said:

u need bee keeper hat, and its better than any other armor out there

x2 more damage taken in comparison to thule crowns sucks but ig it doesn't matter if you aren't playing as wormwood 

1 minute ago, grm9 said:

x2 more damage taken in comparison to thule crowns

haha u can kite her especially if u kill her after getting cane. i never really need bundling wrap early tho . but surely i do kill her before summer hits. usually in spring for extra damage with morning star.

2 minutes ago, prettynuggets said:

haha u can kite her especially if u kill her after getting cane. i never really need bundling wrap early tho . but surely i do kill her before summer hits. usually in spring for extra damage with morning star.

I just sit and spank her with thul crown and bramble husks or abigail. If im playing wilson I just kite her with panflutes but most of the time I dont fight her if im not that geared up to not risk dying.

5 minutes ago, prettynuggets said:

ik that it's possible, but that makes the fight much slower than tanking even if you include the time spent on preparation 

8 minutes ago, prettynuggets said:

try this neat trick to kill bosses faster

Reveal hidden contents

find a friend to play with. lolol :lol:

kiting BQ is still slower than tanking even with another player so that's unrelated to the conversation      

4 minutes ago, grm9 said:

kiting BQ is still slower than tanking even with another player so that's unrelated to the conversation      

did u try using panflute to fight bq? and then try it with friend lol. 
lol i re-read ur message to arubaro saying kiting took 30 minutes. that more than 4 days in game . how in the world u do that ? 

1 minute ago, prettynuggets said:

did u try using panflute to fight bq? and then try it with friend lol. 
lol i re-read ur message to arubaro saying kiting took 30 minutes. that more than 4 days in game . how in the world u do that ? 

I'm not sure if this is still a viable strategy but you can make a ''fence maze''. Bees will not fly over fences if they are allowed to pathfind through it so you make a long fence maze and run through it, then while they are slowly taking their time to run through the other side you fight BQ like a normal boss and kite her. I saw a run on youtube a long time ago that did this and it took a few ingame days to complete.

3 minutes ago, cropo said:

I'm not sure if this is still a viable strategy but you can make a ''fence maze''. Bees will not fly over fences if they are allowed to pathfind through it so you make a long fence maze and run through it, then while they are slowly taking their time to run through the other side you fight BQ like a normal boss and kite her. I saw a run on youtube a long time ago that did this and it took a few ingame days to complete.

is that why he included time for preparation as well? for walls? 
i never try that methode. but i hear about that wall cheese :lol: never knew it took that long 

all i said was panflute methode have kiting only when last two phase when bq screech that grumble bee run for players. so i tho we still talk about same methode that i told using panflute :) 

9 minutes ago, prettynuggets said:

did u try using panflute to fight bq? and then try it with friend lol

yes, and that method requires tanking at least BQ or otherwise you'd need to bring more pan flutes 

10 minutes ago, prettynuggets said:

i don't, i've only seen videos of others doing that and that looked miserable, i meant kiting during the entire fight, obviously you wouldn't tank grumbles unless you're using bramble husk 

2 hours ago, Swiyss said:

I think that clearing the ruins is bad early, but rushing it with certain things in mind is a very good strategy and doesn't take too long. I usually rush ruins day 2 or 3, come back by day 9 with some thul gear, a magi, a start caller and potentially a lazy explorer (walking cane before winter is amazing). Then killing klaus is optimized, same as BQ and essentially every other boss like the twins and dfly also. I tries willow and it's very very great and fun with her, but the stupid lunar fire skill (even being only possible in certain scenarios) still needs a tiny nerf, yeah it has less than a dark sword dps but people forgot to not realise the thing has are of effect damage, and is affected by damage multipliers.

Your probably right but I don't really rely on ruins gear so I just consider it a bonus outside of fights where specific speed boosts are required.

1 minute ago, Mysterious box said:

Your probably right but I don't really rely on ruins gear so I just consider it a bonus outside of fights where specific speed boosts are required.

3 times a charm.

3 minutes ago, prettynuggets said:

it sure does take more than 1 panflute. but never once i get the fight drag for more than 2 days max. start in morning and end by the dusk next day. 

are you taking more than 10 hits total during the fight or are you kiting 

2 minutes ago, grm9 said:

are you taking more than idk 3 hits total during the fight or are you kiting 

is taking 3 hit is the meter on what is called tank or not ? lmao. what i said is u can kite what u can kite . u dont need to take hit on other phase than 1st one, if u just drawback faster when wake and she screech. also why bother asking what armor i use if i dont plan taking any damage from fight lmao. 

1 minute ago, prettynuggets said:

is taking 3 hit is the meter on what is called tank or not ? lmao. what i said is u can kite what u can kite . u dont need to take hit on other phase than 1st one, if u just drawback faster when wake and she screech. also why bother asking what armor i use if i dont plan taking any damage from fight lmao. 

i've edited that to 10 a minute later because ig 3 is too little, were you writing the reply for 17 minutes? i was telling you that pan flute method requires more flutes if you don't tank at all and that it's better to tank until the grumbles come 

31 minutes ago, grm9 said:

i've edited that to 10 a minute later because ig 3 is too little, were you writing the reply for 17 minutes? i was telling you that pan flute method requires more flutes if you don't tank at all and that it's better to tank until the grumbles come 

1. i left open the tab and its show no change at all to ur messages. even after u replying this wanna see? while i got life to live so im not litterally take time to reply to u .. i basically have other stuff more important than this. lmao 
i do take some hit but doesnt mean i took all hit just by standing and press F . as i said i kite what i can kite :lol:. why does it matter anyway? u said 30 min i said no . but u said if i kite i should have spend killing bq for 30 min ? i dont think so mate. because all the fight i do never drag for more than 2 days. 

Spoiler

image.png.b3015a27372b4b4670d055f0626649f9.png

14 minutes ago, prettynuggets said:

1. i left open the tab and its show no change at all to ur messages. even after u replying this wanna see? while i got life to live so im not litterally take time to reply to u .. i basically have other stuff more important than this. lmao 
i do take some hit but doesnt mean i took all hit just by standing and press F . as i said i kite what i can kite :lol:. why does it matter anyway? u said 30 min i said no . but u said if i kite i should have spend killing bq for 30 min ? i dont think so mate. because all the fight i do never drag for more than 2 days. 
image.png.b3015a27372b4b4670d055f0626649f9.png

30 min was about no flutes because i assumed using flutes means you tank BQ to maximize damage while grumbles are coming, clearly closing tabs or returning to main forum page after replying means no life, either way that's unrelated to the thread 

3 minutes ago, grm9 said:

30 min was about no flutes because i assumed using flutes means you tank BQ to maximize damage while grumbles are coming, clearly closing tabs or returning to main forum page after replying means no life, either way that's unrelated to the thread 

haha either about bq or time i reply i simply only replying to ur question so i bet its not me who oot, nah u asking me if i need to take 17 min to reply where im not. and i was away and ur replies to post already there open. and the page didnt load ur edit what so ever. even after getting another responds about u making the edit after the post it doesnt load as u can see in the pic.
sorry if u think i got too much time just to write 2 line reply. u must be missing me that much. :lol:

7 hours ago, cropo said:

Bernie was even worse. You can't use a sewing kit when he is actively alive, you can only use regular healing items on him in that state.

The player needs to properly evacuate Bernie, go sane, wait like an hour for him to unspawn, pick him up, sew him back up, go back insane, drop him.

Bernie gets absolutely bodied in the ruins, I haven't tried skill-tree bernie for a ruins go yet but I have doubts on his survival still.

*whispers*: are we going to pretend that 2 silk, 2 boof fur, and 2 beard hair is a barrier to effectively abusing bernie? just summon bernie's brother if he goes down, or his brother from another mother, or bernie's daddy. Not a significant barrier if you ask me. 

Archived