Support Willow?

I DO like how Willow has turned out in this Beta, I like it a lot, I already liked Willow but this just breathed a lot of life into her. HOWEVER, I think she should be a bit more similar to Wigfrid! A support character!  I like the ideas behind having a lunar flame throwing, and being able to combust all the enemies around you, get 25% more damage, etc. I think that willow should use her embers to support her team rather than just being able to farm spiders with combustion and do around 500 damage with 5 embers. Like, Burning Frenzy for example, imagine if it made teammates immune to fire and made them do more damage or attack faster so they can actually fight enemies you light on fire! Bernie tanks while Willow buffs everyone, similar to Wigfrid, who she is conveniently partnered up with this update!

I think that willow is one of the worst support characters at the moment. During boss fights, she likes to set bosses on fire, which is fine, but even as Wigfrid, striking an enemy that's ablaze hurts a lot.

The fire damage hurts other characters and relatively speaking, wigfrid should have too much of a problem getting damaged by the residual fire because of her hp regen, but other characters aren't so lucky.

Problem with every single beta is that there aren't any klei official public servers active to test these interactions.

I haven't seen a wormwood+willow combat synergy yet because everyone is so excited to play wiglow. 

Wormwood might probably die mid combat because of incompatibility with willow in a fight.

Whether or not that's balanced, we can't know as we haven't had many instances of it being tested.

Imo, without beta public servers, 1/2 of the beta testing is done when the beta is finished. 

16 hours ago, HeatAndRun said:

More interactions with teammates are always welcomed ones.

I agree, it would be cool if Willow were to support a bit more. Her lone wolfishness could just be represented in quotes via "Okay, I guess if I HAVE to help the others..."

I also just want to call back to this concept art they once had. I heard that at the time they didn't wanna implement something like this "Mechanised Winona Bernie" since it kinda forces players to pick characters according to what others have picked. But the idea is just so good, I wish things like that were still included in some capacity in terms of team play.

image.png.bf9fe318bae87c76a79e2e897082b127.png

Thematically Willow isn't very multiplayer friendly. Fire is chaotic, it burns you and heats you up and when you have a character who uses fire in control against enemies no matter what the other players will suffer from the character with fire abilities. So you either remove all the downsides of fire in favor for the others via Willow's skill tree or you lessen it.
I think the best solution would have the characters not burn, but still heat up (or freeze if its the lunar flames), slowly though. Then it's up to the Willow to make sure the teammates doesn't get heated up too much.

4 hours ago, chirsg said:

Wormwood might probably die mid combat because of incompatibility with willow in a fight.

Whether or not that's balanced, we can't know as we haven't had many instances of it being tested.

Oh my god, you're so right! Willow is so anti-synergy now. Wormwood, Webber, and Wurt are all just screwed (I need to test but theoretically they're screwed) Willow's AOE (theoretically) can hurt followers, followers will panic when they're close to the on fire enemy (theoretically). I need to hop on and test all this and make another forum post ASAP.

Archived