Since beefalo riding now is in effect for wigfrid, perhaps we can get beefalo revival too?

If we got the power of amulets, effigies, gross bloody beating hearts to revive our selves and or our allies, wouldn't it be fair if we could revive noble steeds like beefalos incase terrible accidents may occur? It's a harsh and tedious process to revive creatures like so, giving it a life giving amulet to wear on it's head like a cute little tiara or something should perhaps work for sake of revival?

Death is part of why beefalo taming feels highly discouraged, if not the long process, needing walrus tusk to speed up and keeping it penned and always engaged with saltlicks. To have less strain in the upcoming planar content and still have some semblance of use for them please do consider this suggestion or even giving planar defence saddle upgrades.

Yeah just make it more op for no reason like the cow isn't already countering every character weakness by day 1. Sure. 1000 hp bar is not enough.

27 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

Death is part of why beefalo taming feels highly discouraged, if not the long process, needing walrus tusk to speed up and keeping it penned and always engaged with saltlicks. To have less strain in the upcoming planar content and still have some semblance of use for them please do consider this suggestion or even giving planar defence saddle upgrades.

Just abuse the cow early game and then kill it. If you're not going to continuously play with an ornery beefalo you're better off making a meat stew with the 4 meats.

If you think it's too hard to maintain it. You're just delusional, the thing is already meta.

13 minutes ago, xDpromonick9 said:

Yeah just make it more op for no reason like the cow isn't already countering every character weakness by day 1. Sure. 1000 hp bar is not enough.

Eh, craft 2 football helmets and 150 health character has 750 effective health.  Get thul crown or dreadstone instead and 1 item gives you 1500 effective health.  Beefalo are not really that tanky.  They just make it easier to shrug of mild amounts of attrition damage meaning you're tank and trading with spiders, or a few hounds, but you're not just face tanking bosses or serious fights.

idk about allowing them to res... imo its pretty easy to raise a beef after the first 100 days, and if your beef dies before that (and you were banking on rolling a beef through the content) you might as well just restart the world.  But I wouldn't be opposed to a more expensive bonding ritual that lets them turn into a corpse that you can res.

17 minutes ago, xDpromonick9 said:

Just abuse the cow early game and then kill it. If you're not going to continuously play with an ornery beefalo you're better off making a meat stew with the 4 meats.

If you think it's too hard to maintain it. You're just delusional, the thing is already meta.

Playing with a beefalo is like playing with a second character in a way, if lategame content going to be bigger and enemies going to have more attacks and combos something as simple as beefalo will fall off compared to many other mechanics that keep getting pumped and updated. 

I simply want beefalo revival for sakes of dumbest deaths they happen to get stuck in, since they get distracted hard and try to fight back they'll be mostly immobile while you're not riding it. 

Animal corpses exist now and it seems fitting enough to have an ability, incase an big oopsie and this game sure likes to toss those, a beefalo could partially recover on low health and we could restrategize and recoop. 

You could wear any kinds of different armors that give different magic effects and have abilities while the beefalo right now is as basic as it gets. Unless against ranged attacks (which are rare) beefalo can only tank so much compared to any other character. For me, primarily, I use beefalos mostly for transport. I may not be a beefalo fighter cause other solutions always felt much more easier and useful to me, but I would want that creature to get a second wind incase of these accidents.

1 hour ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

Playing with a beefalo is like playing with a second character in a way, if lategame content going to be bigger and enemies going to have more attacks and combos something as simple as beefalo will fall off compared to many other mechanics that keep getting pumped and updated. 

I simply want beefalo revival for sakes of dumbest deaths they happen to get stuck in, since they get distracted hard and try to fight back they'll be mostly immobile while you're not riding it. 

Animal corpses exist now and it seems fitting enough to have an ability, incase an big oopsie and this game sure likes to toss those, a beefalo could partially recover on low health and we could restrategize and recoop. 

You could wear any kinds of different armors that give different magic effects and have abilities while the beefalo right now is as basic as it gets. Unless against ranged attacks (which are rare) beefalo can only tank so much compared to any other character. For me, primarily, I use beefalos mostly for transport. I may not be a beefalo fighter cause other solutions always felt much more easier and useful to me, but I would want that creature to get a second wind incase of these accidents.

then learn to code and MOD you're idea into the game. but some things are not healthy for the game. like backpack and armor at the same time.

45 minutes ago, xDpromonick9 said:

then learn to code and MOD you're idea into the game. but some things are not healthy for the game. like backpack and armor at the same time.

I disagree- Dropping your Backpack when equipping Armor was such a “Single Player” thing, and in DS it worked fine, However- When I’m playing DST.. with Random Players: the LAST Thing I want to do is drop my backpack full of stuff on the ground near them.

The intent behind needing to give up the extra inventory slots to armor up could still be retained by “Locking” the player out of being able to use that section of their backpack until they unequip their armor.

Still serves the same exact gameplay purpose, but removes the chances of having a random stranger Yoink up your bag the very second you put on armor or attempt to carry a heavy statue.

I STRONGLY Feel like some of the game design of DS still lingers in DST, but needs to be “reconsidered” to better fit Muliplayer.

4 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I disagree- Dropping your Backpack when equipping Armor was such a “Single Player” thing, and in DS it worked fine, However- When I’m playing DST.. with Random Players: the LAST Thing I want to do is drop my backpack full of stuff on the ground near them.

The intent behind needing to give up the extra inventory slots to armor up could still be retained by “Locking” the player out of being able to use that section of their backpack until they unequip their armor.

Still serves the same exact gameplay purpose, but removes the chances of having a random stranger Yoink up your bag the very second you put on armor or attempt to carry a heavy statue.

I STRONGLY Feel like some of the game design of DS still lingers in DST, but needs to be “reconsidered” to better fit Muliplayer.

I disagree with you 100%

because the idea of wearing a backpack and armor at the same time is having the good side of both worlds, and nothing in the game should be like that. same in life, you can't surf a wave on the ocean and ride a motorcycle on the mountains at the same time. that would be having good side of both worlds. if you're not ready to give a downside to recieve an upside then maybe you're not ready for 90% of survival games out there. imagine if you could use a howlitzer on top of a beefalo while benefiting from magi movespeed and having both armor on head and on body with both a backpack and a life giving amulet as well as the crown on top of you football helmet with a catcap behing the helmet so you won't freeze. if we're going to have 1 thing, why not have everything?

9 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

This is why i play Walter in pubs. With a piggybag and woby i can carry an entire base worth of resources on me. Im a portable base lol. As long as you stay mounted on woby no one can steal from him either so i usually stay mounted near dodgy players.

However many many many players have a hoarding problem. You really dont need a backpack in dst and clothes/mag/body armours do provide effects that rival inventory space. If you are prepared to let go of unnecessary items.

A backpack and body armour being equipable at the same time is a bad idea. Unless penalities like -20% speed for wearing too much are implemented. Even then that gets abit messy

20 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

by that logic they should change all containers, torches, hammers, etc

if you dont enjoy playing with randoms dont do it

1 hour ago, xDpromonick9 said:

I don't appreciate this kind of aggression. I'm merely making a suggestion and arguments why I think it could be a neat mechanic to have.

2 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

I don't appreciate this kind of aggression. I'm merely making a suggestion and arguments why I think it could be a neat mechanic to have.

what? how am I being agressive? if you're offended by normal discussions then talking to you would be like walking on thin ice. I don't even know you personally to have absolutely anything agaisnt you. weird vitcim mentality. 

I'm sorry if you're offended I guess.. let's keep it as it is.

4 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

If i put my opinion like that, I want you to give me yours based on what I said. I said is unhealthy and compared it to wearing armor and backpack at the same time.

another argument is that beefalos are already fast enought and protect you a lot when riding it. so him dying is just regular gameplay limitations. maybe a quicker taming time on beefalos would fix the issue of them dying feeling so bad. but revival is not a good option.

do you have anything to say about that?

2 hours ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

I agree with that, we should have more beefalo saddles or armor. and a beefalo skill tree for everyone or beefalo taming mechanics being reworked.

5 minutes ago, xDpromonick9 said:

what? how am I being agressive? if you're offended by normal discussions then talking to you would be like walking on thin ice. I don't even know you personally to have absolutely anything agaisnt you. weird vitcim mentality. 

I'm sorry if you're offended I guess.. let's keep it as it is.

I may have taken the "mod it in yourself" as not very neat thing to hear considering we're here more to give feedback to Klei and discuss with each other to do this. It didn't feel constructive and I would have wanted a less aggressive starter. No random person will just mod things in just because were said so since having no time and no knowledge in this sort of thing and I'm sure majority of community doesn't do modding.

But I'll digress and we may move on from that.

9 minutes ago, xDpromonick9 said:

If i put my opinion like that, I want you to give me yours based on what I said. I said is unhealthy and compared it to wearing armor and backpack at the same time.

another argument is that beefalos are already fast enought and protect you a lot when riding it. so him dying is just regular gameplay limitations. maybe a quicker taming time on beefalos would fix the issue of them dying feeling so bad. but revival is not a good option.

do you have anything to say about that?

I like this argument and I'd say perhaps yea, taming new ones would be fine if it were a bit quicker. Partially I'm not sure for how other older beefalo users would react to these sorts of buffs but I'm talking more from experience to how my beefalos would die off due to random dumbest things possible. With all the new giants coming in and parking your beefalo is a solution, the beefalo has a huge range of coming to your owner or follower to greet them and appear in the line of attacks or swarms of hostiles. Sometimes they feel really unreliable in that regard and I wish if they had taken a lot of damage they could at least run away from enemies if not in player control. If not that then resurrection is another way to go for, it is timely and a bit costly process working up to taming a beef in my experience. 15 days is quite a bit of work, while they don't lose loyalty that easy longterm worlds (like ones I got 1000 days and beyond) it's not something I'd often see wishing to redo all over again. For that reason I just started building roads around the world instead as a permanent solution that I don't need to think about.

I'm not a beefalo combateer and I'd only use it temporarily to tank or travel to places quicker, but as I lost trust in them I decided to make a post wishing for precautions. And if the players who decide to want to play beefalo only for bosses and slay the world, then it'll also have a precaution for the beefalo to incase it dies there would be a second wind even if it's back on low hp.

There's so many ways to revive back and come back fight back and there's so many materials you can farm up and horde like me to not run out of resources anytime soon for all the tools and weapons and sustain you'd need. Beefalo has limits and won't come back easily, it'll take another 15-20 days to redo the process to which a Wolfgang, Maxwell, Willow, Winona or any other character can gather back stuff and get back to that fight in a way more accelerated way without the little quirks like beefalos knocking down and needing to lower and get back up on it's saddle or risking dying and dying off. I respect the risk people would do for using a beefalo, but I don't see it in me when I see easier solutions.

While I've nitpicked these mechanics and saying that mechanics always can be tampered and altered for the sake of having more ways to get back up for a beefalo, in the end I just wanna not redo everything for a rider beefalo that I just use only for transport. XD

3 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

I may have taken the "mod it in yourself" as not very neat thing to hear considering we're here more to give feedback to Klei and discuss with each other to do this. It didn't feel constructive and I would have wanted a less aggressive starter. No random person will just mod things in just because were said so since having no time and no knowledge in this sort of thing and I'm sure majority of community doesn't do modding.

But I'll digress and we may move on from that.

I like this argument and I'd say perhaps yea, taming new ones would be fine if it were a bit quicker. Partially I'm not sure for how other older beefalo users would react to these sorts of buffs but I'm talking more from experience to how my beefalos would die off due to random dumbest things possible. With all the new giants coming in and parking your beefalo is a solution, the beefalo has a huge range of coming to your owner or follower to greet them and appear in the line of attacks or swarms of hostiles. Sometimes they feel really unreliable in that regard and I wish if they had taken a lot of damage they could at least run away from enemies if not in player control. If not that then resurrection is another way to go for, it is timely and a bit costly process working up to taming a beef in my experience. 15 days is quite a bit of work, while they don't lose loyalty that easy longterm worlds (like ones I got 1000 days and beyond) it's not something I'd often see wishing to redo all over again. For that reason I just started building roads around the world instead as a permanent solution that I don't need to think about.

I'm not a beefalo combateer and I'd only use it temporarily to tank or travel to places quicker, but as I lost trust in them I decided to make a post wishing for precautions. And if the players who decide to want to play beefalo only for bosses and slay the world, then it'll also have a precaution for the beefalo to incase it dies there would be a second wind even if it's back on low hp.

There's so many ways to revive back and come back fight back and there's so many materials you can farm up and horde like me to not run out of resources anytime soon for all the tools and weapons and sustain you'd need. Beefalo has limits and won't come back easily, it'll take another 15-20 days to redo the process to which a Wolfgang, Maxwell, Willow, Winona or any other character can gather back stuff and get back to that fight in a way more accelerated way without the little quirks like beefalos knocking down and needing to lower and get back up on it's saddle or risking dying and dying off. I respect the risk people would do for using a beefalo, but I don't see it in me when I see easier solutions.

While I've nitpicked these mechanics and saying that mechanics always can be tampered and altered for the sake of having more ways to get back up for a beefalo, in the end I just wanna not redo everything for a rider beefalo that I just use only for transport. XD

agree with everything you said. we need a beefalo overhaul at this point. for gameplay purposes that would benefit both wigfrid mains, non beefalo riders and cow lovers. as well as a more sustainable way to maintain them. why would he lose interest in you in a couple days of not feeding? the salt lick is good if you're away for a minute. but having to retame them everytime i wanna carry some statues or rearrange the moon altars is very painful.

and the solution being resource intensive is not a good idea IMO.

4 hours ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

If we got the power of amulets, effigies, gross bloody beating hearts to revive our selves and or our allies, wouldn't it be fair if we could revive noble steeds like beefalos incase terrible accidents may occur? It's a harsh and tedious process to revive creatures like so, giving it a life giving amulet to wear on it's head like a cute little tiara or something should perhaps work for sake of revival?

death is not why beefalo taming "feels highly discouraged"

passive untaming is what causes that.

if you don't want your beefalo to die then you can give it armor now.

3 minutes ago, xDpromonick9 said:

agree with everything you said. we need a beefalo overhaul at this point. for gameplay purposes that would benefit both wigfrid mains, non beefalo riders and cow lovers. as well as a more sustainable way to maintain them. why would he lose interest in you in a couple days of not feeding? the salt lick is good if you're away for a minute. but having to retame them everytime i wanna carry some statues or rearrange the moon altars is very painful.

and the solution being resource intensive is not a good idea IMO.

I'm fine with it being resource intensive but I don't think it should be like Tallbird resource intensive, to which we still likely don't care much about those, but it's a really nice work for making them actually still come back into the world and have some bit of use if properly set up.

I'm all up for hard work if we get longterm solutions, the experience in bringing these types of things into the world and the work put in is the experience to be proud of achieving. After character reworks now comes the character skilltrees and beefalos WILL be left behind if nothing will be done. The solutions can be very simple as I suggested with revival items--

2 minutes ago, Well-met said:

death is not why beefalo taming "feels highly discouraged"

passive untaming is what causes that.

if you don't want your beefalo to die then you can give it armor now.

or even that! Armor too would be neat. Giants do a ton of damage and we as characters we get more leniency of ways to come back. Unlike beefalo it won't at all.

But death of it is for sure part of the why it feels discouraging to use it. The world is hostile and post-rift world is becoming much more hostile.

Just now, Frosty_Mentos said:

I'm fine with it being resource intensive but I don't think it should be like Tallbird resource intensive, to which we still likely don't care much about those, but it's a really nice work for making them actually still come back into the world and have some bit of use if properly set up.

I'm all up for hard work if we get longterm solutions, the experience in bringing these types of things into the world and the work put in is the experience to be proud of achieving. After character reworks now comes the character skilltrees and beefalos WILL be left behind if nothing will be done. The solutions can be very simple as I suggested with revival items--

yeah the thing is, beefalos should be quicker to tame overall, harder to master, and have a slow ramping ability in exploration and combat. putting a saddle to get more damage or more speed seems so.. weird?

Beefalos are incredibly dumb. Only people that have been riding cows for long know the pain of your stupid beefalo following a random mosquito that bit it, straight to tentacles and dying there because once it got angry at something you can’t de-aggro them.

It’s just too punishing. Allow us to revive them with some expensive method, please.
I rather pay more than for reviving my own character, than having to rollback or waste 20 more days making another one.

And since we are at it, can we please not allow other players from beating your fully tamed beefalo? Fully tamed beefalos don’t get ornery and attack players, there is no excuse or reason for beating them other than griefing.

i think wigfrid's new saddle would work nicely as a beefalo revive. I find that it currently struggles to find a good niche compared to the war saddle which gives the beefalo more damage and speed, and the extra damage reduction on battle saddle still leaves beefalo quite vulnerable against the more difficult bosses.

as for how it would work, i would say it could be like how life amulets worked in DS, if the beefalo has the saddle equipped it will revive after a delay and break the saddle. costing 8 azure feathers is already fairly expensive for a saddle so balance wise its still more costly than revivng yourself.

1 hour ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Beefalos are incredibly dumb. Only people that have been riding cows for long know the pain of your stupid beefalo following a random mosquito that bit it, straight to tentacles and dying there because once it got angry at something you can’t de-aggro them.

It’s just too punishing. Allow us to revive them with some expensive method, please.
I rather pay more than for reviving my own character, than having to rollback or waste 20 more days making another one.

And since we are at it, can we please not allow other players from beating your fully tamed beefalo? Fully tamed beefalos don’t get ornery and attack players, there is no excuse or reason for beating them other than griefing.

There is no point in having a fully tamed beefalo unless you're Maxwell or Wendy. Besides that if you like taming cows you're gonna suffer pain maintaining one because of their stupidity. But the solution is not a revive mechanic for them but rather to fix the core issue which is them taking way too long to fully tame.

7 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

There is no point in having a fully tamed beefalo unless you're Maxwell or Wendy. Besides that if you like taming cows you're gonna suffer pain maintaining one because of their stupidity. But the solution is not a revive mechanic for them but rather to fix the core issue which is them taking way too long to fully tame.

My only complaint for maintenance is they make babies and i have to kill the babies in spring. And when i hit the foul creatures they attack me! I AM YOUR MASTER YOU MUST OBEY ME! They should add a way to castrate beefs, im tired of committing infanticide.

2 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Personally I think we should just get a universal webby whistle already as this has been a problem for followers for a long time too.

40 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Personally I think we should just get a universal webby whistle already as this has been a problem for followers for a long time too.

Ha - watch Warly gets this in his skill tree instead of character agnostic solution...

Yes I would love this as an option.

I have suggested the revival be attached to a saddle, similar to how the life giving amulet works.

This would be balanced in avoiding accidental deaths but still have some risk when using more powerful saddles. After a long time of domesticating beefalos I have found what battles my beefalo can safely do and which ones he can't. However, he has still died in the stupidest of ways just off-screen. 

The saddle itself would be crafted with the basic saddle and red gems and retain the original saddles speed increase. This would allow it as more of a qol tool than the defacto best saddle.

Archived