Willow and Wigfrid skill tree suggestion and Sharkboi feedback.

Willow's UI is a copy of Maxwell, so it could benefit some changes.

I feel like the interface for Willow's spells is slightly out of place, my suggestion is to outline the icons with some shade and change the color code of the circles themselves.

Willows's lunar skill is Overpowered and a bad design overall.

Her cold fire emulation skill is a copy from the varg breath attack. We already have some cases similar to this one like wormwood's brightshade vines, which is the type of recycling that I disagree with. We should atleast tweak it Klei. I know it's not "lazy" but it does feel like that. So maybe put some designers to work on some bits there. If we don't got enough time for this, just try not committing the same mistake twice. As for the polar bearger bin recycle, this one is way better and actually feels like something Wigfrid would craft in the constant. However it is just my opinion. The balance of the enlightenment attack though is questionable. It's way too strong for what it is, and I know for sure that some people will complain about the idea of reducing it's damage. But I feel like the smart idea would be to release it underpowered and then slowly ramp it up so the braindeads won't complain, and be happy instead. Now I feel like it's impossible to balance it out without making it seems like a downgrade and disappointing some people in the making. I like the idea of the cold fire coming from the front and following her facing direction, since it makes the skill feel alive and balanced, as well as a good skill intensive, well, SKILL. But the sudden changes of direction in parallel with the overwhelming nature of the fire design (since it comes from a boss primarly and not the opposite) makes it too MOD-like for being just a skill in a skill tree. Definitely too overtuned in some way since the character before her has a beard storage and some small crafts. My suggestion for the in-game balance is to just keep it as is since it's already doomed and maybe reduce the range a bit enough so no one cares that much. But to actually make it feel ENOUGH.

Shadow skill is also Overpowered and could benefit some changes in pattern. On another note, the design is flawless.

I feel like the damage on Willow's shadow alignment skill is way too overpowered. I know it's fun, but can we have it cost around 30% more souls? Since is so cheap to farm them. Or reduce the damage; change the damage type. Something to not make other characters like Maxwell or Wolfgang seem weak? Maybe some more farming would be necessary for the souls. Now I don't want the character to feel weak neither be the best at dealing damage. I understand the alternative for dealing damage as your favorite character, that makes me very happy. But it could be a little bit more skill involved. Pressing 1 button is ridiculously easy; same as farming her souls. I feel like we can have a middle ground on her idea of a character. As for all the suggested ideas my favorite would be to ramp up the damage/reduce it/redistribute it by 5%/30% based on total damage being reduced; add the cost of fire souls to the end product and/or reduce the beams to 4 and make 3 go on the front dealing 75 or 100 each and 1 behind doing 150 or 200. That would make more sense since hound attacks comes around this pattern at most times. And it would make kiting more challenging and involve more skill. You guys can test with other patterns too. I want my character to be as refine as possible for the end release, but right now even I can't agree with the overwhelming amount of power she has at very little cost. If you guys wanna keep the damage, atleast make it so it only does THAT amount by the late game. Or make it so she's strong only against certain bosses.

Wigfrid's shield doesn't make sense.

Wigfrid's 3 new items are amazing and do what they're supossed to do. The shield SHOULD reduce it's durability when blocking though. It doesn't make sense for it to be a free use just cause you can time it correctly. Imagine a gigantic monster does a charged sweep attack at you and some gold and fur shield doesn't even take a scratch by it? The beefalo saddle should honestly just make it so you won't fall of the beefalo once a strong push-attack comes by. Besides it has no use nor purpose; I don't see myself ever crafting it.

Those were my ideas about the beta after some time looking into it. Now for everything else, I feel amazed by it. Specially the new sharkboi. Bearnie feels perfect to me and I can finally use him. The new Wigfrid dash is everything I wanted in the game. Her new songs also are amazing. The controlled fire and the damage on Willows kit is everything I wanted also, but hers skills don't make not even a bit of sense because of the damage multiplier while enemies are on fire. A last suggestion would be to add dark fire/cold fire debuffs on enemies corresponding to 33%/50% instead of 25%, and costing more so we use it on bosses and prevent spamming, also reduce the damage please that's ridiculous.

As for the last suggestion. What I mean is why have more damage when enemies are on-fire if I can farm souls and SPAM shadow attack to deal 500 damage at very little cost. That's absurd. So the suggestion would be to reduce the damage on both shadow and lunar attacks AND apply a debuff on mobs based on the skill; one being shadow-fire and the other being cold-burns and both making Willow deal 33% or 50% more damage when she attacks with the bonus damage skill attached. That would make way more sense in the skill tree and gameplay wise since everything would piece together.

The design right now feels very primitive. The character is neither a summoner, a  mage or a fire user. And most of her perks are recycled and rushed whithout any consideration. It definetly feels like Klei did a poor job on her skill and just grabbed a bunch of op stuff so the mains won't complain instead of thinking about something coherent. I would rather wait another entire YEAR for an actual good and refined and unique skill tree instead of what we have NOW. Please take this feedback in consideration for the next skill tree. And if the team feels rushed and all over the place, TAKE YOUR TIME. All my feedback is constructive and none of it is to put pressure or hate on anyone. Just giving my idea on how things are right now and how I feel about them after playing a bit.

I think you're severely overestimating Willow's affinity skills. They have strong use cases but they are in no way overpowered or in need of nerfing.

The lunar skill deals less DPS than a dark sword and requires you to stand completely still to avoid missing out on damage.
DPS calc:
Dark sword deals 68 damage every 0.466 seconds or: 68 / (14/30) ~= 145.714 DPS
Lunar Fire raiser deals 750 damage every 5.66 seconds or: 750 / (164/30) ~= 137.195 DPS

The shadow skill deals a total of 500 damage for 5 embers, has no AoE and can miss.
To give you an idea, if you wanted to kill Ancient Guardian with this, you would need to burn at least 100 enemies to death beforehand.

14 minutes ago, Arcwell said:

I think you're severely overestimating Willow's affinity skills. They have strong use cases but they are in no way overpowered or in need of nerfing.

The lunar skill deals less DPS than a dark sword and requires you to stand completely still to avoid missing out on damage.
DPS calc:
Dark sword deals 68 damage every 0.466 seconds or: 68 / (14/30) ~= 145.714 DPS
Lunar Fire raiser deals 750 damage every 5.66 seconds or: 750 / (164/30) ~= 137.195 DPS

The shadow skill deals a total of 500 damage for 5 embers, has no AoE and can miss.
To give you an idea, if you wanted to kill Ancient Guardian with this, you would need to burn at least 100 enemies to death beforehand.

against single high health targets, yea

however, for only 5 embers willow can finally outcompete abigail by committing willowcide:

12 minutes ago, lenship2 said:

however, for only 5 embers willow can finally outcompete abigail by committing willowcide:

It feels like a big fraction of all players have a very hard time grasping the implications of uncapped area of effect damage. It is like talking to a wall. And if they think that this sort of abilities add to the excitement of the game then gg.

8 minutes ago, lenship2 said:

Yup! Like I said, still has strong use cases.
Although you can also do that for 4 embers, should you ever come face to face with 70 spiders :wilson_flower:

Why train the Valkyrie with cow skills? Is it because the Valkyrie wants to become a knight? Why can't we ride a cow and wave our weapons at the same time?

为什么要给女武神训牛技能,因是因为女武神想当骑士吗?既然这样为什么不能一边骑牛一边挥舞手中的武器?

44 minutes ago, lenship2 said:

Assuming you already have the skill points, how early into a new world can you do this? And how often?   If we’re talking like first two seasons, then yeah might be a bit strong. But later in the game there are plenty of ways to farm weak mobs as it is. 

42 minutes ago, Arcwell said:

Yup! Like I said, still has strong use cases.
Although you can also do that for 4 embers, should you ever come face to face with 70 spiders :wilson_flower:

So I've been wondering are there any mobs combust works on aside from spiders? So far I haven't found any I'm assuming it's a bug though.

11 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

So I've been wondering are there any mobs combust works on aside from spiders? So far I haven't found any I'm assuming it's a bug though.

From what I've gathered, it only works if both these conditions are satisfied:

• Enemy must be aggressive (it must currently have a target, although that target doesn't have to be you)
  • You must have more than 4 embers in your inventory (this is probably a bug)

39 minutes ago, cybers2001 said:

Assuming you already have the skill points, how early into a new world can you do this? And how often?   If we’re talking like first two seasons, then yeah might be a bit strong. But later in the game there are plenty of ways to farm weak mobs as it is. 

you can literally do this day 1 by killing 5 butterflies with her lighter, and thats the issue i find with it

while abigail struggles against things like spider quarries and hound mounds, willow immediately melts them with just one use of her biden blast

24 minutes ago, Arcwell said:

From what I've gathered, it only works if both these conditions are satisfied:

• Enemy must be aggressive (it must currently have a target, although that target doesn't have to be you)
  • You must have more than 4 embers in your inventory (this is probably a bug)

I'd done both but mobs other than spiders haven't been effected so far

2 hours ago, lenship2 said:

you can literally do this day 1 by killing 5 butterflies with her lighter, and thats the issue i find with it

while abigail struggles against things like spider quarries and hound mounds, willow immediately melts them with just one use of her biden blast

How the tables have turned muhahahaha

Its ok wendy still has to get her skill tree

Archived