Could someone post a full rundown on wigfrid and willows skills?

Holy crap I don't have time to test it but Willows Skilltree at a cursory glance sounds like it fixes literally EVERYTHING about her, I really like Willow and I really am struggling to decide what skills to go with unlike Wilson where it was pretty much a no-brainer for me.

Like I don't even see a pressure to portal-swap to change skills for early/late game, every skill sounds character-defining and would last through an entire playthrough, of course they would need testing for their actual effectiveness but this is a HUGE step up.

From what I can gather from “Affinity” it seems like Klei’s design intentions for DST is to Force the players into choosing a Path to either A: Be good at Surface (Lunar Content) or B: Be good at Caves (Shadow Content) but you can never be good at both..

And unless Klei plans to add Shadow Content onto Surface, & Lunar content into caves (significantly more then the 2 or 3 mobs it has now..) 

I don’t really understand the point.

TL:DR- You either live & thrive on the Surface, or live & thrive In a cave.

An interesting dynamic.. but I’m not sure what the “End Game” is setting up for.

Few questions! 

What are battle stingers as opposed to songs? The instant use ones that attract/scare mobs?

How many songs does the battle call cannister hold??

Does Bragi's Blessing affect Lightning Spear as well as battle spears and does Hard Helm affect the Commanders Helm? I would imagine so surely but just checking!

That natural healing perk that allows you to fix the Commanders Helmet if you're at full health is absolutely bananas... no question here just holy hell that sounds good. 

Does the Battle Rond function similarly to the shield of terror? Hand slot and is a weapon as well as armor? How does this block mechanic with the shield work exactly?

The two affinity perk songs affect Wigfrid herself as well as allies obviously yeah? Surely her two affinity final skills don't purely buff allies but not herself?

Her skill tree looks insane. I will be using songs again once more thanks to the container and the Shield, Lightning Spear and Helm all sound absolutely amazing. Might be time to put away the rift gear for this stuff by the sounds of it. 

12 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

Few questions! 

What are battle stingers as opposed to songs? The instant use ones that attract/scare mobs?

Does Bragi's Blessing affect Lightning Spear as well as battle spears and does Hard Helm affect the Commanders Helm? I would imagine so surely but just checking!

That natural healing perk that allows you to fix the Commanders Helmet if you're at full health is absolutely bananas... no question here just holy hell that sounds good. 

Does the Battle Rond function similarly to the shield of terror? Hand slot and is a weapon as well as armor? How does this block mechanic with the shield work exactly?

The two affinity perk songs affect Wigfrid herself as well as allies obviously yeah? Surely her two affinity final skills don't purely buff allies but not herself?

Her skill tree looks insane. I will be using songs again once more thanks to the container and the Shield, Lightning Spear and Helm all sound absolutely amazing. Might be time to put away the rift gear for this stuff by the sounds of it. 

probably doesn't answer everything but this'll probably answer a few things

20 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

Few questions! 

1. Yup. Stingers are instantaneous songs. The taunt, frighten, and now the new AoE resurrect.
  2. The canister can hold 8 songs/stingers, works similar to the polar bearger bin.
  3. Bragi's Blessing does affect Lightning Spear and Hard Helm does affect Commander's Helm.
  4. The Battle Rond's damage and armor potential work the same as the Shield of Terror, the block is a channeled ability where you stop attacking and negate all damage (including to durability!) from the front for ~1 second. It has a cooldown though, so not something you can use to block every hit.
  5. The affinity songs do affect allies (and I believe they stack multiplicatively with other alignment buffs but I can't test this :c)

19 minutes ago, Arcwell said:
  1. Yup. Stingers are instantaneous songs. The taunt, frighten, and now the new AoE resurrect.
  2. The canister can hold 8 songs/stingers, works similar to the polar bearger bin.
  3. Bragi's Blessing does affect Lightning Spear and Hard Helm does affect Commander's Helm.
  4. The Battle Rond's damage and armor potential work the same as the Shield of Terror, the block is a channeled ability where you stop attacking and negate all damage (including to durability!) from the front for ~1 second. It has a cooldown though, so not something you can use to block every hit.
  5. The affinity songs do affect allies (and I believe they stack multiplicatively with other alignment buffs but I can't test this :c)

1. Figured as much, thanks for clarifying! Given I play predominantly solo and am not a fan of the two previously existing "stingers" I think I can skip that skill. Good to know.
2. Dayummmm thats crazy good. I mean there aren't even 8 that I would use all the time but at least I can carry the 3 or 4 I actually like and use sometimes without them taking up a ton of inventory slots. 
3. Dope, looks like its time to use the new crafts and retire rift gear, with Wig at least!
4. Interesting, will need to use it myself to see how well it actually works.
5. Sorry I was asking if they affect Wig herself as well?

5 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

5. Sorry I was asking if they affect Wig herself as well?

Oop, my bad.

Yes, the song does affect Wigfrid as well. Specifically, the skill itself gives her a 10% alignment buff, and the song gives an additional 5% alignment buff that stacks multiplicatively (so combined would be 15.5%)

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

From what I can gather from “Affinity” it seems like Klei’s design intentions for DST is to Force the players into choosing a Path to either A: Be good at Surface (Lunar Content) or B: Be good at Caves (Shadow Content) but you can never be good at both..

And unless Klei plans to add Shadow Content onto Surface, & Lunar content into caves (significantly more then the 2 or 3 mobs it has now..) 

I don’t really understand the point.

TL:DR- You either live & thrive on the Surface, or live & thrive In a cave.

An interesting dynamic.. but I’m not sure what the “End Game” is setting up for.

That was literally what they said when they first announced the shadow rifts

53 minutes ago, Arcwell said:

Oop, my bad.

Yes, the song does affect Wigfrid as well. Specifically, the skill itself gives her a 10% alignment buff, and the song gives an additional 5% alignment buff that stacks multiplicatively (so combined would be 15.5%)

Sweet, sounds pretty strong!

Archived